• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears your team owner needs to call his own player a thug

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game yesterday and it was a fabulous day the weather was perfect and just a great setting for a Sunday afternoon football game. The national anthem was played by the University of Wis Marching band and they performed at half time and after the game. They are well known nationally for their performances and their famous 5th quarter after games.

It turns out that this thug player on your team Dominic Raiola a many year NFL veteran decided he wanted to call band members racist remarks as well as calling them fat F**ckers and a woman the C word in pregame warmups and picking band members dead parents and other relatives. I use to kind of feel sorry for Lions fans after all the things you have been through but after this I hope you don't win another game in your existence because it surely is not deserved.

At least one of his fellow players Louis Delmas tried to apologize for him and said he enjoyed the performance.

Dominic Raiola Spews Hate Speech At Wisconsin Band Members | Tom Melton's NFL Draft Blog

What year is it? Oh, it’s 2013? Good to know, because Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola set us back a few years today before and after the Lions began their game against the Green Bay Packers.

The Wisconsin Band, one of the best in the nation I must say, typically performs for at least one Packers home game during the season. As someone who grew up across the street from three boys who have ALL played the tuba and marched in the band I am very familiar with this tradition and I have seen numerous pictures of them during these events. In fact, my best friend even got to do a Lambeau Leap into the crowd after his performance (a childhood dream for any die hard Packer fan). The Packer faithful love the band, and the band loves performing at these events. It is truly a win-win, but that wasn’t the case today thanks to Raiola.

According to a Wisconsin tuba player, Raiola and his teammates were engaged in their pregame warm-ups on the field near the goal line when he turned around and called him and the other tubas “Fat mother f**kers” and told them that “they sucked.” According to that tuba player no one in the band had done anything to provoke him, and no other band members I spoke with witnessed anything that could have provoked Raiola. The tuba player I spoke with made sure to point out that the rest of the band hadn’t even been on the field yet, and none of the tuba players said anything to him, so no one in the band could have provoked Raiola prior to him making those comments.

As the band was preparing to play the National Anthem another band member told me Raiola was yelling at him, saying such things such as “Hey fat guy, you want a hot dog?” When this band member did not acknowledge him, he continued to yell at other band members within earshot of him until the band began to play. A third band member told me Raiola was calling a band member near him a “fat fu**” prior to their pregame performance as well.

After the band’s halftime performance multiple band members I spoke with told me he and multiple other band members vividly heard Raiola ridicule a trombone player’s weight while they were performing. One band member reported hearing a female member of the band say “Hey number 51,” referring to Raiola, which multiple band members told me he responded to by calling her “the c-word” as they were walking back to their seats.

According to this band member Raiola made comments regarding his sexuality, as well as other insults involving his sister and recently deceased mother. An additional band member confirmed this story, adding that one such insult was “[Raiola] was going to take his trumpet and shove it up his sister’s p***y” in addition to Raiola “repeatedly calling him a fag.” According to this band member “as soon as we stopped for our position to play the National Anthem I just heard [Raiola] yelling continually at him.” Multiple other members of the band reported hearing Raiola uttering homophobic slurs throughout his unprovoked denigrating of the students prior to the National anthem.

This is a developing story and as I confirm more information regarding this story I will be sure to update this post. Raiola, 34, is the longtime starting center for the Detroit Lions. He was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2001 NFL Draft and has been a regular starter since the 2002 season. He played college football at the University of Nebraska.

It is worth noting that while Raiola’s comments were completely uncalled for, a band member confirmed to me that Lions safety Louis Delmas apologized to him and other members of the band for Raiola’s actions and assured them that he had spoken with him about it. He also added that he enjoyed their performance.

This is all in addition to this facebook status which has been shared 243 times as of this writing:

zach-york-facebook-status1.png

Dawson_Crying.gif

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The band is not protected by the union and has 2 a day practices that are much
more intense than that this Lion player goes through

image-1.jpg

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiola would not make it 15 minutes into one of the bands work out he would be dragging on the ground. He could not lift his legs high enough. He may be strong but would not have the endurance needed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlhKkDgPm4]University of Wisconsin Marching Band - High Quality - YouTube[/ame]

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you watched the video did you see all the fat people? I tried to find one but didn't notice any. It is not your typical band

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking band buddy. Let's not make it out to be NASA training.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lambeau quit being a whiney fat cocksucker....go cry to your dead **** mother. Seriously though...who gives a fuck about the band...that is in better shape than the football team....says the band nerd's mommy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homecomming.jpg

LMAO at these guys. I would bet every one of these doofuses is a virgin.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they have smiley faces on their chests?:rollseyes:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here likes Dom, but wow, what a bitch the OP is. I suspect someone was bullied all through school. And work. And now retirement. He's the guy nobody else will play shuffleboard with at the charity home.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not joking, or trying to be a dick at all, but what you showed as evidence of how hard band practice looks pretty similar to what our warmups were in college football. If you would have been doing that stuff with a 45 above your head rather than a trumpet we'd be closer to the same ballpark.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here likes Dom, but wow, what a bitch the OP is. I suspect someone was bullied all through school. And work. And now retirement. He's the guy nobody else will play shuffleboard with at the charity home.

Actually I was never in band played football all four years starting on offense and defense and was a wrestler in the state finals wrestling tournament so am quite familiar with what is involved in athletics. I do have a daughter who was in band and is currently a band teacher at a high school so am quite aware of what it takes physically to be able to perform. Being a parent of a band member I would not have high regards of some moron who just out of the blue decides to open his mouth to cut down, degrade, spew racial slurs, tell younger adults that you mom blows even though he does not know that persons mom was dead, or call other people gay and such. This world has no place for low lifes like this.

I was not aware that most of you thought he was an asshole already as I had not heard of anything out of him in the past. On this side of the lake all we have heard was about Suh and all the others who have actually been arrested in the last few years.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes Dom Raiola. Nobody.

He has yelled at Lions fans. He snaps the ball when no play is called costing us a game. He is tiny. He is weak. He is dumb. He is holding back the franchise. The only people on the field he could beat up were the band members so it is only natural he'd go after them. He sucks at tackle football and should retire today.

I hate Dom's guts.

The only things we've heard about on your side of the lake involves Najeh Davenport's poop, Brett Favrerrevearve's wang, Regge White hatin' on gays, Mark Chmura assaulting women, Eric Walden beating his girl, and I'm sure many more Green Bay Whackers getting in trouble. Football is full of terrible people.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in band and I played football, basketball and ran track in high school.

We didn't do Wisconsin's "patented" stop-at-the-top marching style (which every fucking college marching band in the country does- seriously, rent Drum Line), but I can tell you that a few hours of marching is very mild exercise compared to the suicides we used to do up one of the long hills in our town. We ran until all four captains puked. Unfortunately for us our QB was also a cross country runner, so that fucker could go forever without puking...

Point being is that no band marching practice stacks up with any football practice as far as how hard it is...

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiola is an a-hole. Always has been, rumor has it he was throwing around sexual slurs at a a few waitresses in a Detroit area restuarant a few years back. The guy is a creep.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was never in band played football all four years starting on offense and defense and was a wrestler in the state finals wrestling tournament so am quite familiar with what is involved in athletics. I do have a daughter who was in band and is currently a band teacher at a high school so am quite aware of what it takes physically to be able to perform. Being a parent of a band member I would not have high regards of some moron who just out of the blue decides to open his mouth to cut down, degrade, spew racial slurs, tell younger adults that you mom blows even though he does not know that persons mom was dead, or call other people gay and such. This world has no place for low lifes like this.

I was not aware that most of you thought he was an asshole already as I had not heard of anything out of him in the past. On this side of the lake all we have heard was about Suh and all the others who have actually been arrested in the last few years.

I don't believe it. No real wrestler (all-state light heavyweight university wrestler here) is such a whiner.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran until all four captains puked. Unfortunately for us our QB was also a cross country runner, so that fucker could go forever without puking...
Thats how you know when to end practice if you dont have a watch.

Similar scenario for me in HS. One guy was a quick little RB that could run all day. I horsecollared him and bounced him off the turf.

Practice was over, LOL.