• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears your team owner needs to call his own player a thug

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game yesterday and it was a fabulous day the weather was perfect and just a great setting for a Sunday afternoon football game. The national anthem was played by the University of Wis Marching band and they performed at half time and after the game. They are well known nationally for their performances and their famous 5th quarter after games.

It turns out that this thug player on your team Dominic Raiola a many year NFL veteran decided he wanted to call band members racist remarks as well as calling them fat F**ckers and a woman the C word in pregame warmups and picking band members dead parents and other relatives. I use to kind of feel sorry for Lions fans after all the things you have been through but after this I hope you don't win another game in your existence because it surely is not deserved.

At least one of his fellow players Louis Delmas tried to apologize for him and said he enjoyed the performance.

Dominic Raiola Spews Hate Speech At Wisconsin Band Members | Tom Melton's NFL Draft Blog

What year is it? Oh, it’s 2013? Good to know, because Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola set us back a few years today before and after the Lions began their game against the Green Bay Packers.

The Wisconsin Band, one of the best in the nation I must say, typically performs for at least one Packers home game during the season. As someone who grew up across the street from three boys who have ALL played the tuba and marched in the band I am very familiar with this tradition and I have seen numerous pictures of them during these events. In fact, my best friend even got to do a Lambeau Leap into the crowd after his performance (a childhood dream for any die hard Packer fan). The Packer faithful love the band, and the band loves performing at these events. It is truly a win-win, but that wasn’t the case today thanks to Raiola.

According to a Wisconsin tuba player, Raiola and his teammates were engaged in their pregame warm-ups on the field near the goal line when he turned around and called him and the other tubas “Fat mother f**kers” and told them that “they sucked.” According to that tuba player no one in the band had done anything to provoke him, and no other band members I spoke with witnessed anything that could have provoked Raiola. The tuba player I spoke with made sure to point out that the rest of the band hadn’t even been on the field yet, and none of the tuba players said anything to him, so no one in the band could have provoked Raiola prior to him making those comments.

As the band was preparing to play the National Anthem another band member told me Raiola was yelling at him, saying such things such as “Hey fat guy, you want a hot dog?” When this band member did not acknowledge him, he continued to yell at other band members within earshot of him until the band began to play. A third band member told me Raiola was calling a band member near him a “fat fu**” prior to their pregame performance as well.

After the band’s halftime performance multiple band members I spoke with told me he and multiple other band members vividly heard Raiola ridicule a trombone player’s weight while they were performing. One band member reported hearing a female member of the band say “Hey number 51,” referring to Raiola, which multiple band members told me he responded to by calling her “the c-word” as they were walking back to their seats.

According to this band member Raiola made comments regarding his sexuality, as well as other insults involving his sister and recently deceased mother. An additional band member confirmed this story, adding that one such insult was “[Raiola] was going to take his trumpet and shove it up his sister’s p***y” in addition to Raiola “repeatedly calling him a fag.” According to this band member “as soon as we stopped for our position to play the National Anthem I just heard [Raiola] yelling continually at him.” Multiple other members of the band reported hearing Raiola uttering homophobic slurs throughout his unprovoked denigrating of the students prior to the National anthem.

This is a developing story and as I confirm more information regarding this story I will be sure to update this post. Raiola, 34, is the longtime starting center for the Detroit Lions. He was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2001 NFL Draft and has been a regular starter since the 2002 season. He played college football at the University of Nebraska.

It is worth noting that while Raiola’s comments were completely uncalled for, a band member confirmed to me that Lions safety Louis Delmas apologized to him and other members of the band for Raiola’s actions and assured them that he had spoken with him about it. He also added that he enjoyed their performance.

This is all in addition to this facebook status which has been shared 243 times as of this writing:

zach-york-facebook-status1.png

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but everyone already hates him here in the D. No surprise he did this.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He's got a history of saying and doing dumb shit and Lions nation will be happy to see him go.

I don't think you'll see very many defending him around here.

As for your long-winded and pompous post regarding how we should never win another game because of him, and blah, blah, blah- well you can eat a bag of dicks on that one. Not our fault he's on the team, we have no control over personnel decisions. He'd have been gone long, long ago if it were up to us fans.

But it's not up to the fans, so get down off your high horse and take up your complaint with Raiola, not us...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed this was going to be about Suh kicking ARodg. But Dom is a total cocksucker, so I agree with this angle also. Nice of LouisD to say something positive to the band. The Badgers were discussed amongst the people I was watching with. High quality group, even if Id give Purdue a slight edge. Love that giant drum.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Ravioli know the kid was gay and his mother was dead? That'd be an odd coincidence if he was correct, and didn't know the kid prior to yesterday. I'm surprised he didn't ask the Tuba player to come east and fight in his front lawn. He's done that with total strangers before.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to kind of feel sorry for Lions fans after all the things you have been through but after this I hope you don't win another game in your existence because it surely is not deserved.

At least you aren't being a bitch about it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure to send that post to all your pals on facebook. With any luck, you'll be parked in front of your computer all night long receiving "likes". Dom would probably call you a nerd for that, but imo you'd be a hero.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever encountered in my life! He called me fat!"

We all know a lot of band kids are pussies but this is a little over the top imo. Whatever happened to sticks and stones? Whatever happened to yelling back? I can think of a million things I'd love to say to Ravioli's face. Instead, these band pussies run to facebook. Sorry the big bad Lion player called you names guys. You'll live. I promise.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on if The Tuba player was bigger than Tiny Dancer?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this vid of the OP playing Xbox w Dom.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to kind of feel sorry for Lions fans after all the things you have been through but after this I hope you don't win another game in your existence because it surely is not deserved.

Karate_6566fb_1799200.jpg

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never played xbox and don't use facebook. I have children older than those band members. The fact is those band members are in better shape than the Lions center. The band is not protected by the union and has 2 a day practices that are much more intense than that this Lion player goes through. Your Center would not make it through one practice that the band has he couldn't lift his legs high enough.

Auditions and membership

At the end of August returning and prospective band members attend "Welcome" or "Registration Week" (Reg-Week), commonly known to students as 'Hell-Week'. Reg-Week teaches prospective members the fundamentals of the signature "stop-at-the-top" marching style and serves as a period of intense physical conditioning. Over the course of the week, the band marches for 2–3 hours each morning, has a short break for lunch, and then marches for another 3–4 hours in the afternoon. At night there is often a 2-3 hour music-only rehearsal. A highlight of Reg-Week is the countdowns, which are similar to "suicides" in basketball or "lines" in volleyball, where members march out and back five yards at a time. Countdowns during Reg-Week are typically 50 yards.

Dominic Raiola of Detroit Lions accused of verbally abusing University of Wisconsin band members - ESPN

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions are looking into an alleged verbal abuse incident involving starting center Dominic Raiola during Sunday's 22-9 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Raiola is alleged to have hurled insults, some involving the sexuality and physical appearance of some University of Wisconsin band members, both before the game and at halftime.

Michael Leckrone, the director of bands at Wisconsin, told ESPN.com that the incident occurred just before the start of the national anthem in the end zone as the band was planning on finishing up its pregame performance. The Wisconsin band travels once a year to perform at a Packers game.

"The band was lined up in the end zone preparing to finish 'The Star-Spangled Banner,' which would complete the pregame, and basically they were verbally assaulted by a member of the Detroit Lions team," Leckrone said. "To their credit, they just stood there and did what they were supposed to do, which is focus on their performance.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz emphasized that he has high standards for his players' conduct both on and off the field.

"When you go on the road, there's hostile environments, fans say a lot of things and stuff like that," Schwartz said Monday. "We need to stay above stuff like that. I didn't hear that personally on the field. No other coaches did. I think we've already released a statement that we are going to look into it as an organization.

"I would be very disappointed if that was the case, because that's certainly not the character we want to display."

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The band is not protected by the union and has 2 a day practices that are much more intense than that this Lion player goes through. Your Center would not make it through one practice that the band has he couldn't lift his legs high enough.

Quick question- where do you get your weed? I think I need some of whatever you're smoking if you think the UofW band practices are "much more intense" than an NFL practice. Or a NCAA practice. Or putt-putt golf practice...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never played xbox and don't use facebook. I have children older than those band members. The fact is those band members are in better shape than the Lions center. The band is not protected by the union and has 2 a day practices that are much more intense than that this Lion player goes through. Your Center would not make it through one practice that the band has he couldn't lift his legs high enough.

Auditions and membership

At the end of August returning and prospective band members attend "Welcome" or "Registration Week" (Reg-Week), commonly known to students as 'Hell-Week'. Reg-Week teaches prospective members the fundamentals of the signature "stop-at-the-top" marching style and serves as a period of intense physical conditioning. Over the course of the week, the band marches for 2–3 hours each morning, has a short break for lunch, and then marches for another 3–4 hours in the afternoon. At night there is often a 2-3 hour music-only rehearsal. A highlight of Reg-Week is the countdowns, which are similar to "suicides" in basketball or "lines" in volleyball, where members march out and back five yards at a time. Countdowns during Reg-Week are typically 50 yards.

So they practice from late August till maybe January (depending on bowl season), and they march several hours a day? That is hell! I'm sure playing a tuba is MUCH more "intense" then going to the gym every day, going to therapy, running plays over and over again from April till January, and wrestling with 300 pound football players for a couple of hours each week during game day.

These guys look like they are "iron men". :laugh3:
Homecomming.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auditions and membership

Have you ever played football? Our "hell week" in Pee-Wee football was 20 times more intense than what you just described above! By the time were in high school it was about 50 times tougher than what these band kids are doing. They're not sprinting, hitting, jumping and going all-out until they puke... they're fucking marching.

Yes, they probably get tired and have sore legs the next day, but if any of these kids had ever played actual sports they would rename their little "hell week" to "mild exercise week," or some other moniker far more descriptive as to what they're actually doing.

We're sorry our asshole center picked on some undeserving college kids, but that's life in the real world. Some people are dicks, just gotta deal with it. As for you getting on your little soap box here on our board (as if we can actually do anything about one of the Lions players acting up), that just makes you look like a douchenozzle. After this last post you made you've also lost any credibility that you might have had prior; trying to convince grown adults that the Wiscaaansin band practices hard, let alone harder than NFL players is just plain stoopid!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LL...just let the investigation take its course but please dont try and make out band practice as something that an NFL player, or most anyone who is in shape couldnt do.

If we are to assume even that he is guilty of making those comments you can bet that the one(s) he was calling fat most likely didnt have the most polished of bodies. That would seem to imply that exercise might not be on the top of their daily activities. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone in that type of physical condition can make it through "hell week" that so could Raiola.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is how long until Mike Florio starts calling for Suh to be suspended for this one?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to find many Lions fans sticking up for DR.

He has officially worn out his welcome in the D years ago. Fans just scratch their head as to why he has stuck for so long.

I am sure if he didn't take a huge paycut he would have been gone.

With that being said unprofessional behavior from a pro athlete???!!! I am shocked. This has never occurred before!!? It's not as if the harsh language hasn't been spewed at a college band before. I hope this gets hiss ass out of town. But I doubt it.