• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It (2017) (Stephen King) (reboot)

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think they should have remade it (Hollywood is getting super lazy) but the trailer does look good.

Have you tried to rewatch the miniseries? I fast forward to the scenes I want to watch. It hasn't aged well.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks meh and they're just going to rely on a bunch of lame jump scares.

Director:
"Slow camera work.."
"Kid, turn slowly that way."
"And......... MAKE A BIG NOISE NOW GO MAN BLARE EVERYTHING"
*sound department is scrambling to push every loud noise button they have and machines start exploding*

I am intrigued that they manned up and made it R though.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Skarsgård - IMDb

A nobody. He has known family, but he is basically an upstart....
The dude who was originally cast IIRC, was Ben Mendelsohn, who passed on it because the studio wanted him to take a pay cut.

Boooooooo. Danny as IT would have been awesome (I've never read the book, just got it on Audible, nor seen the mini-series, but Danny as a scary, sarcastic clown would be awesome at least).

Also, Hugo Weaving was considered for the role.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really good. Way better than the miniseries adaption imo. Can't wait for the 2nd one (they broke it up into parts btw). Pennywise never scares me (clowns don't do it for me in general) but there's still some good chills in there. Plus, the way its shot stylistically really creates a lot of the tension and creepiness. I'd say its one of the best movies of the year and might be one of the best King adaptions too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone's interested in my review: Horror Movies

Absolutely loved it. Probably one of the best adaptations of a Stephen King novel that I've ever seen. Worth every damn penny to see it in the theaters.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really good. Way better than the miniseries adaption imo. Can't wait for the 2nd one (they broke it up into parts btw). Pennywise never scares me (clowns don't do it for me in general) but there's still some good chills in there. Plus, the way its shot stylistically really creates a lot of the tension and creepiness. I'd say its one of the best movies of the year and might be one of the best King adaptions too.
Good to hear. I've never been creeped out by clowns either, never cared for the mini series. But the previews for this looked so good, I got the audio book and have been trying to rally through before I see the movie. The book is very good, and S. King was apparently impressed by the movie, so I have high hopes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. While it had it's scary moments it felt more like an adventure movie than a horror movie (although that may be the intent). The original definitely could have used a face lift and I thought this did a great job of that.

My one complaint (and sorry if others have mentioned this) is Pennywise. Liked the actor, he was pretty creepy but I absolutely hate that they made him a scary clown. Feels like it's catering too much to the lowest common denominator type fans. Having a normalish looking clown in these surreal situations to me would be infinitely more unsettling/creepy. I liked that about the original, Tim Curry's Pennywise seemed so out of place and awkward, it added to the whole sinister atmosphere.

Can't wait for the second chapter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. While it had it's scary moments it felt more like an adventure movie than a horror movie (although that may be the intent). The original definitely could have used a face lift and I thought this did a great job of that.

My one complaint (and sorry if others have mentioned this) is Pennywise. Liked the actor, he was pretty creepy but I absolutely hate that they made him a scary clown. Feels like it's catering too much to the lowest common denominator type fans. Having a normalish looking clown in these surreal situations to me would be infinitely more unsettling/creepy. I liked that about the original, Tim Curry's Pennywise seemed so out of place and awkward, it added to the whole sinister atmosphere.

Can't wait for the second chapter.
Thought the same thing about Pennywise. But he grew on me as the movie wore on. His appearance definitely made him look more sinister. For a relatively unknown actor, Bill Skarsgård was excellent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear. I've never been creeped out by clowns either, never cared for the mini series. But the previews for this looked so good, I got the audio book and have been trying to rally through before I see the movie. The book is very good, and S. King was apparently impressed by the movie, so I have high hopes.
King also liked the Dark Tower, so not sure what THAT is worth...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King also liked the Dark Tower, so not sure what THAT is worth...
Yeah, probably in his best interest to promote the movies based on his stuff.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. Very good adaptation. The kid actors were great. Chills, laughs and more!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Stephen King to death (Bwah-Ha-Ha) and keep in mind that the title of this article is somewhat misleading, but it does pretty much cover King's POV...

Stephen King raves: Maximum Overdrive was so much better than The Shining!
I gave up on that article when it gave the exorcist as an example of a good movie based on a bad book. I don't think you could find an example of a movie that is pretty much an exact screen adaptation of a book as much as the exorcist.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved "It"! Best book I've ever read. The first making of the movie although closer to the book than the new one just seemed to fall flat for me. I know i was expecting too much. The new "It" even though not really how the book went, I liked much much more. I was very pleased. Chapter 2 can't get here soon enough!