• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Trevor Siemian a Wimp?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing that on the OL if you put a talented player next to a player they all of a sudden greatly improve. I remember here in Denver Zane Beadles fell into that category. When Ryan Clady was healthy Zane Beadles looked like a quality OG in the NFL. As soon as Clady went down though he really struggled. It is why I'm not too worried about the Broncos OL even after this past Sunday. They are getting back both Green and Stephenson who have both played at a very high level before injury and I think the return of those 2 actually increases the play of those around them as well. It is why we went from being one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL to one of the worst in a matter of a week.

It is...a great OL players is almost like 1.5 players because he can help the guy next to him.

It took another HC to come into ATL and get Dimitroff to recognize the importance of importance of interior OL...LY the Falcons had a 3rd rate C that Dimitroff drafted (since released) and both OGs were 3rd rate as well. As soon as Quinn was hired, they got rid of an expensive but good LG because Shanny didn't think he was a good ZBS fit. But the guys they had behind him were garbage so they ran out and traded a pick for Levitre from TN and he played like shit as did Chester at RG...big part of why they collapsed LY...house built of straw.

Prior to Quinn, Dimitroff would never have invested in a expensive, big time FA C like Mack. He's the type GM that would put $2,000 wheels on a 10 yr old Honda Accord....fluff over substance.

I said after the CAR game the Siemian looked like he might keep that job all season...getting those key guys back will help him regain his confidence if it's been shaken.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the Steelers. And all the other QBs from the 2010 draft. And Kyle Orton.
You mean like Sam Bradford (still in the NFL), Colt McCoy (still in the NFL), and Joe Webb (still in the NFL)?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Sam Bradford (still in the NFL), Colt McCoy (still in the NFL), and Joe Webb (still in the NFL)?

All the QBs from 2010 combined have less playoff wins than Tebow and Bradford is the only one with more career wins. Tebow and Bradford are the only two above .500 winning %. And 3 years since Tim's been out of the NFL it looks like Bradford is ready to be on the playoff level, which Tebow was back in 2011. That is, if he can stay healthy.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the QBs from 2010 combined have less playoff wins than Tebow and Bradford is the only one with more career wins. Tebow and Bradford are the only two above .500 winning %. And 3 years since Tim's been out of the NFL it looks like Bradford is ready to be on the playoff level, which Tebow was back in 2011. That is, if he can stay healthy.
Wins is a team statistic. Tebow washed out of the NFL because he wasn't good enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins is a team statistic. Tebow washed out of the NFL because he wasn't good enough.

In the NFL they have what I like to call the Talent scale. The NFL will give you lots of chances to prove yourself if they see any kind of talent in the player. When the off the field distractions outweigh the talent they usually tell you to hit the road. Tebow was given a decent number of chances I think based on the fact that he had some nice late game heroics and coaches with their egos thinking they could coach this kid into something more than he was. So not like the NFL didn't give him plenty of chances to prove himself. He just never stood out though enough to cover for all the media distractions he brought with him. I enjoyed the Tebow year as there was something magical about that season and it was the one that got us on Manning's radar as a possible contender for him to join. At the same time it was easy to see the deficiencies in Tebow's game that would not make him a long-term solution at the QB position.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,931.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It was an NFC team
2. The Broncos probably aren't like most fans overreacting to an admittedly good start from Siemian, if at all.
3. Lynch is still the guy down the line
4. It was at home

You're up on Sunday, bitch!!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're up on Sunday, bitch!!!!
game-of-thrones-arise.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It was an NFC team
2. The Broncos probably aren't like most fans overreacting to an admittedly good start from Siemian, if at all.
3. Lynch is still the guy down the line
4. It was at home

I think Bronco fans are all over the board when it comes to our QB situation. Some really like Siemian and what he brings to this system where others (me included) still view Lynch as the long-term solution. Honestly though I think most of us just are happy that we might have 2 possible long-term solutions at the QB position. Good chance one of them pans out.

As for the loss while any loss is tough to take we all know even a bad loss doesn't mean the end of the season. I remember people going into panic mode in New England a couple of years back after they got destroyed by the Chiefs. Well we know how that story ended with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl. With anything in the NFL you can't get too excited or too down by what you are seeing. I bet there were quite a few Redskins fans thinking RGIII after a very promising rookie year was going to be the long-term solution. We all know how that panned out. Where on the opposite side of that you have Terry Bradshaw who his rookie year threw 6 touchdowns to 24 interceptions and a completion percentage of 38%. Antonio Brown only had 16 catches for 167 yards his rookie season. Troy Aikman comes to mind. My favorite QB John Elway was terrible as a rookie. Peyton Manning still holds the record for most interceptions thrown by a rookie with 28. So a few bad games or even a bad season doesn't mean the player can't still be a HOF player and a good rookie season doesn't mean they are on the path to success.