• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Trevor Siemian a Wimp?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just an actual serious note. Siemian has been injury prone throughout his football career. it was one of the major reasons he dropped in the draft. There was very little tape on him because of setbacks with injuries. His own coach has said that it was frustrating with Siemian because he would start to get things clicking then would have an injury. So I hope he can get past having the injury bug but this is now his 2nd injury this season (had one in the preseason). Some guys just break down easier than others.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, please don't post this pic anymore. It's embarrassing.
Whatever could you mean? I find it uplifting. If a guy that looks like that can make it to the NFL, there's hope for all of us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever could you mean? I find it uplifting. If a guy that looks like that can make it to the NFL, there's hope for all of us.

What's bad is that is him after losing some weight this off season. Broncos wanted him to get into a bit better shape so that he could get to the edges quicker on the naked bootleg plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays Sunday it probably hurts too much to then play Thursday also. People already mentioned how much more important this coming game is than an out of conference game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, probably just like many of you, just received an alert notification from my ESPN app that Trevor Siemian intends to play Thursday night. The first thing that came to mind is if he is good to go now, why wan't he good to go on Sunday? The second thing that came to mind was he is being rushed back because the Broncos offense got dismantled on Sunday?

In a league where we have seen people play with broken ankles, ribs and a missing finger, I have to believe Siemian is just a wimp for not playing last week. I mean the injury was to his non-throwing shoulder.

What do you think?
:L
Maybe because the team made the decision

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime you have a high flying offense it is hard to tell from week to week what to expect. I watched the Broncos back in 2013 just destroy teams with maybe the best offense in NFL history. They ran into a great defense though in the Super Bowl and well everything fell apart. That is the thing with great offenses is you just never know. A lot has to click to make it work but a few things go wrong and the whole game is gone.

All great OFC start with the same thing...protection up front...watching the undefeated Pats lose to the NYG in the SB...the Giants DL just whipped that OLs ass and wrecked havoc.

FWIW...I don't really think the Falcons are a high flying OFC in the same vein as that DEN team or the STL Rams teams....they are putting up a lot of points, but they are very varied and have a lot of weapons, both on the ground and thru the air....not a lot of star power...somewhat similar to the Steelers actually imo...several guys making plays you haven't heard much about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great OFC start with the same thing...protection up front...watching the undefeated Pats lose to the NYG in the SB...the Giants DL just whipped that OLs ass and wrecked havoc.

FWIW...I don't really think the Falcons are a high flying OFC in the same vein as that DEN team or the STL Rams teams....they are putting up a lot of points, but they are very varied and have a lot of weapons, both on the ground and thru the air....not a lot of star power...somewhat similar to the Steelers actually imo...several guys making plays you haven't heard much about.

Yeah I don't view them quite in that same light. So far they have played some of the worst defenses in the NFL and the first good one they ran into they looked a little less threatening. Yes they put up some yards on the Broncos but they still only put up 23 points. I think if the Broncos offense could have done anything they could have held them to 17 by controlling the clock a bit more giving less opportunities to score.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm really hoping you lost an avi bet last week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't view them quite in that same light. So far they have played some of the worst defenses in the NFL and the first good one they ran into they looked a little less threatening. Yes they put up some yards on the Broncos but they still only put up 23 points. I think if the Broncos offense could have done anything they could have held them to 17 by controlling the clock a bit more giving less opportunities to score.

I hold them in a little higher regard than you, but agree the DEFs aside from DEN & CAR have not been the best the NFL can dish up. As long as they continue to get solid OL play I think they will move the ball and score 20-24 on just about any team...the DL that beats up their OL will shut down the Falcons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold them in a little higher regard than you, but agree the DEFs aside from DEN & CAR have not been the best the NFL can dish up. As long as they continue to get solid OL play I think they will move the ball and score 20-24 on just about any team...the DL that beats up their OL will shut down the Falcons.

What I meant is I view them as one of the 3 best offenses in the NFL right now but I don't view them in that same light as the Broncos of 2013 or The Greatest Show On Turf. Sorry wasn't meaning to downgrade them too much. The Falcons truly can do things that other teams just cannot. With that running attack and the ability to do just about whatever they want through the air they are going to light up a lot of teams.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've seen this before from Atlanta and it never ends well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being wimpy just wanting to take it easy and rest up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being wimpy just wanting to take it easy and rest up.

Honestly my guess is if he had a choice he would have been playing this past Sunday. He wanted to play. It was the team doctors and Kubiak after watching him throw on Saturday that decided it was in the best interest of the team to start Lynch. People have to remember that it is not always up to the player of whether they play. I think it was smart for the Broncos to give him some more time and save him for the more important of the 2 games against San Diego.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is I view them as one of the 3 best offenses in the NFL right now but I don't view them in that same light as the Broncos of 2013 or The Greatest Show On Turf. Sorry wasn't meaning to downgrade them too much. The Falcons truly can do things that other teams just cannot. With that running attack and the ability to do just about whatever they want through the air they are going to light up a lot of teams.
Nothing to be sorry about...ATL hasn't earned anything yet, and I agree 100% this OFC is not a juggernaut of any sort...I think PIT's OFC is better, but what they are is a very versatile group and now that Shanahan is finally realizing it's okay to let Ryan do stuff that are not his staples (like the no huddle) and world doesn't begin and end with Julio, they are harder to stop...the surprising part to me has been the play of the OGs...they were absolute crap LY...insert Alex Mack at C and those guys are playing at a much higher level than I anticipated.

The Falcons haven't done anything yet.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to be sorry about...ATL hasn't earned anything yet, and I agree 100% this OFC is not a juggernaut of any sort...I think PIT's OFC is better, but what they are is a very versatile group and now that Shanahan finally realizing it's okay to let Ryan do stuff that are not his staples (like the no huddle) and world doesn't begin and end with Julio, they are harder to stop...the surprising part to me has been the play of the OGs...they were absolute crap LY...insert Alex Mack at C and those guys are playing at a much higher level than I anticipated.

The Falcons haven't done anything yet.

It really is amazing that on the OL if you put a talented player next to a player they all of a sudden greatly improve. I remember here in Denver Zane Beadles fell into that category. When Ryan Clady was healthy Zane Beadles looked like a quality OG in the NFL. As soon as Clady went down though he really struggled. It is why I'm not too worried about the Broncos OL even after this past Sunday. They are getting back both Green and Stephenson who have both played at a very high level before injury and I think the return of those 2 actually increases the play of those around them as well. It is why we went from being one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL to one of the worst in a matter of a week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen this before from Atlanta and it never ends well.

The reality is that's true...especially if you're referring to LY because that was Quinn's team. Anything beyond that...I can't really say it will apply to this team.

I thought ATL was a 9 - 10 win type team when the season started...even though the OFC is playing better than most here expected, I'm still kinda on that number, lot of tough games left.