• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this why Dillard didnt play at the beginning of the year?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well could be, but I don't think Bo would not play a guy for driving on a suspended license.

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He showed up to spring practices very very very overweight and seemed uncommitted. He was dropped to the absolute rock bottom of the deptch chart and I'd say that opened his eyes quite a bit.

I know you probly already know this. But I feel that the punishment handed out fits more with the showing up overweight and uncommitted more so than driving with a suspended license. The way I connect the dots is which crime the punishment fit.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
husker33, I thought that was the story, but I could remember if it was him or O'hanlon that was overweight.

I'd have to agree, but I wouldn't call it a punishment. I'd call it coaching.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what your saying. Kind of shot himself in the foot on that one in the beginning.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
do you remember when dillard was a soph and weighed like 270 and they'd play him at NT

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
....is that serious???? I do not remember that lol. I do remember in high school we had a kid that was 110 pounds soaking wet and our coach would throw him in a nose tackle haha. He'd just squirm past everyone and ended up having like 6 sacks

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was definitely a confirmed weight issue with Dillard. I believe Dillard at one point also said his head was basically in his butt for a while there. Said he went through a "phase" or something possibly related to slight depression.

Then he also noted how Pelini basically scared the life back into him, and as we saw it didn't take long for Dillard to shed the weight and climb back on board.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading that article just now, let me just say.....wouldn't it be nice to be able to hit a median, get pulled over and the cop comes up to the window and you're talking on your cell phone, and then also the cop finds out that your license is supsended........then skip out on your court date............and in the end get fined $48.

Hahaha, and to think the one time in my life I got a ticket I was going 8 mph over the speed limit in an emergency situation and got fined $69.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got a speeding ticket once in Papillion Nebraska for going 25 mph in a 25 mph zone! The prick cop said he clocked me at 41 mph!

When he first approached my vehicle, and gave me the news, I politely told him he must have been mistaken, I was going the speed limit. He went back to his car and made me wait for about 20 minutes.

When he finally came back to my vehicle, I asked him if he was going to give me a speeding citation, he said yes. I then told him he had some kind of dick job, and he threw my license and registration at me and said, have a good day, sir!

I'll never forget the day, June 1st 1988. I stayed away from Papillion for about 10 years.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After reading that article just now, let me just say.....wouldn't it be nice to be able to hit a median, get pulled over and the cop comes up to the window and you're talking on your cell phone, and then also the cop finds out that your license is supsended........then skip out on your court date............and in the end get fined $48.

Hahaha, and to think the one time in my life I got a ticket I was going 8 mph over the speed limit in an emergency situation and got fined $69.

Try 92 in a 55! $389.00 fine and a very large slap on the hand by the man sitting behind the stand!
Now, effective Jan 1, they have whats called a super speeder fine where they tack on an additional $200 for anything over 20mph.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I got a speeding ticket once in Papillion Nebraska for going 25 mph in a 25 mph zone! The prick cop said he clocked me at 41 mph!

When he first approached my vehicle, and gave me the news, I politely told him he must have been mistaken, I was going the speed limit. He went back to his car and made me wait for about 20 minutes.

When he finally came back to my vehicle, I asked him if he was going to give me a speeding citation, he said yes. I then told him he had some kind of dick job, and he threw my license and registration at me and said, have a good day, sir!

I'll never forget the day, June 1st 1988. I stayed away from Papillion for about 10 years.

Was the cop a Papillion or was he Sarpy County?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was the cop a Papillion or was he Sarpy County?

He was a Papillion cop. If I had it all over to do again, I would fight the ticket in court. I also would not tell a cop that he has some kind of dick job, like I did to him.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always found Sarpy County to be pretty kewl. Papillion, Bellevue, LaVista were always assholes....Maybe is was because Sarpy and Douglas County Sheriffs were the shit back then. and the others kind of got treated like security guards.