• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Mitch Kupchak really the worst GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Kupchuk was able to bring LA one championship after another - for years.

Then Jerry Buss hands the franchise over to little boy jimmy and we struggle. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the real issue here.

Had either Dr. Buss stayed in control, or handed it over to Jeannie you would see the following right now:

1) Phil Jackson as coach;
2) A happy and motivated Dwight staying in LA;
3) The best scouting team and strength and conditioning staff (both of which we no longer have);
4) A healthy Kobe, because Phil would have never played him that hard to get injured.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 should be a Laker and the Heat havent done anything near what the Lakers have done as a franchise when it comes to the history of the NBA. Only the Celtics have been better then the Lakers when it comes to Championships. The Miami Heat arent even in the discussion.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the problem lies with Mitch K. as much as it does with the loss of Jerry Buss and his ability to lead the Lakers franchise. I think we will end up seeing a real battle royale between the two Buss kids next season over control of the franchise and the Lakers and their fans will be on the losing end.

Maybe not because Jeannie buss is a seasoned vet.

It's not like the niners Eddie D who fought his sister for his team back. She nor her husband had a clue on what to do and they ran the team into the ground. Thankfully they let the son take over who was groomed by his uncle.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think the Buss boy needs to take a step back and let sis run the show. His ego will ruin this team.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CP3 should be a Laker and the Heat havent done anything near what the Lakers have done as a franchise when it comes to the history of the NBA. Only the Celtics have been better then the Lakers when it comes to Championships. The Miami Heat arent even in the discussion.

The Heat are the most successful franchise in the NBA over the last 8 years and counting.....it breaks your little heart :bawling:I bet. Go Heat!:yahoo:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are the most successful franchise in the NBA over the last 8 years and counting.....it breaks your little heart :bawling:I bet. Go Heat!:yahoo:

How many threads are you going to share this with us? I think we got your point several times ago. It's nice to pick a number that makes your team sound so dominant. Like since the 2k era the Lakers have been the most successful bar none!!does that break your heart??.. NONE GREATER THAN A LAKERS. :yahoo:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe that Jr Buss is capable to understand the CBA rules, and the NBA rules, and certainly not able to evaluate talent.

I do give Mitch credit for getting rid of Bynum at that time. It was a lopsided trade with Bynum being wounded (caution goes out to other GMs in the future).

Watch Magic come in and offer to buy the team from the Buss's. Its a possibility to fix the disaster

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe that Jr Buss is capable to understand the CBA rules, and the NBA rules, and certainly not able to evaluate talent.

I do give Mitch credit for getting rid of Bynum at that time. It was a lopsided trade with Bynum being wounded (caution goes out to other GMs in the future).

Watch Magic come in and offer to buy the team from the Buss's. Its a possibility to fix the disaster

Magic is tied up with the Dodgers and the Lakers don't need him to fix this. There's a rumor that's been circulating out here that Phil is about to take a much bigger role on the basketball side (think Riley in Miami) and that is what is behind the additions of Rambis and Madsen to the Lakers coaching staff!!

Basically, like Riley, he will pick a coach that he will "mentor" to get the organization back on track!!

If the rumor is true, that is how the mess gets fixed!!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is tied up with the Dodgers and the Lakers don't need him to fix this. There's a rumor that's been circulating out here that Phil is about to take a much bigger role on the basketball side (think Riley in Miami) and that is what is behind the additions of Rambis and Madsen to the Lakers coaching staff!!

Basically, like Riley, he will pick a coach that he will "mentor" to get the organization back on track!!

If the rumor is true, that is how the mess gets fixed!!

If this is true then Mitch is unnecessary... Let me add I don't mind, I'll take Phil over Mitch all day...but Mitch did well later on... Will be sad to see him go, like I was with Shaq... I'm over it, LETS GO PHIL!!!:yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true then Mitch is unnecessary... Let me add I don't mind, I'll take Phil over Mitch all day...but Mitch did well later on... Will be sad to see him go, like I was with Shaq... I'm over it, LETS GO PHIL!!!:yahoo:

I think it depends!! Phil could be the GM with Mitch as Assistant GM like it was when the Logo was the GM!! Phil could take more of an advisory role or even a bit of Dr. Buss role where he has final say, but Mitch does the leg work!!

There are a few options that I could see!! But, in the end, I agree with you that if the choice is Phil or Mitch, you thank Mitch for his years of service, give him his gold watch and go with Phil!!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends!! Phil could be the GM with Mitch as Assistant GM like it was when the Logo was the GM!! Phil could take more of an advisory role or even a bit of Dr. Buss role where he has final say, but Mitch does the leg work!!

There are a few options that I could see!! But, in the end, I agree with you that if the choice is Phil or Mitch, you thank Mitch for his years of service, give him his gold watch and go with Phil!!

That does sound good (Mitch do the leg work)... That would be very good news as I think Mitch is very good, adding Phil to that would be great!!! Crossing my fingers...

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, if those rumors are true than its a smart move. Phil will draw talent, and I dont think he will trade away draft picks either. He will rebuild it into a powerhouse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, if those rumors are true than its a smart move. Phil will draw talent, and I dont think he will trade away draft picks either. He will rebuild it into a powerhouse.

I agree Logic. As a Laker fan, I have no complaints about Mitch!! But his name doesn't carry the same cache as Phil Jackson!! I don't care who the player is, if Phil Jackson wants to talk to you about joining his team, you're going to pay much closer attention that when it's Mitch Kupchak that wants to talk to you!!

That's not a knock on Mitch, that's just how well respected Phil is!! For active coaches and/or GM's only Riley and Pop are even close.

First heard Dan Patrick talk about it and now it's starting to get some legs out here. IF it happens, I don't know how soon. As with everything he does, it'll happen in "Phil's time"!!:lol:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc Rivers wins another title, in LA, which is a high probability in the next 2 or 3 years, he will be the highest drawing GM by far. For many reasons beyond what you listed. Phil is up there tho for sure.

He will have the panache to clean up that roster, but it will take time

Status
Not open for further replies.