• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Mitch Kupchak really the worst GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you can find me one quote from Lebron where he states that he will not go to the Lakers or that he does not want to play on the same team as Kobe!!

True I can not

With the money the Lakers have to spend and the fact that D-Wade is on the downside of his career and Bosh has proven himself to be inconsistent at best, who is better positioned to re-build quickly and get back to contention?

Most of my argument is based on that I do not think they can do it in 1 year with a handcuffed GM.

Lebron will do exactly what every other free agent will do. He'll sit back, look at the package that each team has to offer and make the decision that he feels is best for him (which is exactly what he SHOULD do).

I hope you are right, honestly I would not mind LBJ playing for the Lakers. They have good history and have shown to be loyal. My only concern is their ability to get a team LBJ will want to play on.

I'm on record as saying that I think he retires with the Heat, but you'd be foolish to just dismiss out of hand the Lakers ability to put together a very attractive package for Lebron or any other top free agent!!

This is true, but you would be silly to expect them to put one together with complete ease.

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying it will be easy!! The simple fact is that with the current CBA, nothing will be easy for any team!!

However, as with all things, it will be easier for some than it will for others. The Lakers are fortunate to be one of those teams that have the assets that make it easier for them than virtually any other team!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...this from a Celtics fan. Puhlease.

new-celtics1.jpg

These guys would rather be holding San Quentin uniforms than Celtics.

The Celtics are fucked in the ass and then some for a very long time:lol::laugh3:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having recently lost out on two of the top free agents, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, having traded away all picks, and having a carousel of coaches and approaches, alienating Phil Jackson and Jerry West, and now dumping MWP as Kobe's final years are in play, is this guy wacked or what.

Who is driving their franchise deeper into a hole?

No, Jim Buss is the problem, not Mitch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kupchak is a very good GM. He's handcuffed a bit by Jim Buss. I don't think there's any question as to who the worst GM in the league is, Michael Jordan.

I was gonna say that, but he is the owner but basically the GM too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we have Lebron's agent here to let us all know what Lebron will or will not do!!

That goes for Chicago too.

You think he wants to play in the shadow of Kobe or MJ. Nah, he wants to make his own legacy, with either Miami or possibly go back to Cleveland and be the hero.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupchak has a few bad moves, but has done an excellent job. He brought us Gasol for Kwame Brown which led to three trips to the finals and two more championship titles. He got us Ramon Sessions for Luke Walton which got the Lakers out of a horrible contract. There has been so many good moves that a person would have to be flat out stupid to think he is not a good gm let alone think he was the worst ever. That is really a retarded statement

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say that, but he is the owner but basically the GM too.

With the quality moves that are being made, folks are starting to think that Jeannie has told Short Buss to go sit in the corner and that she and Phil are the one's making these decisions!!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch tied up $30M in Gasol and Nash. He pays Pau more than what Lebron makes. He is cap constrained to go after good FA's and gave away picks in the post CBA period. Math is easy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch tied up $30M in Gasol and Nash. He pays Pau more than what Lebron makes. He is cap constrained to go after good FA's and gave away picks in the post CBA period. Math is easy

Mitch tied up Gasol to a maximum contract possible because at the time he was an elite player who was expected to take the Lakers places and he did that -with three trips to the finals.

A comparable would how many years did Boston tie up Garnett and Pierce for - who have now been traded for peanuts. Thats what happens because you have to over-pay to get even one championship.

I didn't agree with the Nash contract, but if Nash is healthy he will be okay.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch tied up Gasol to help bring us two fucking championships. Mr. Logic, you need to look at the big picture.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics Are Cooked and fried in Axle grease and burnt to a crisp, they are so done. So who in the hell are they to talk?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps several years ago he did well but the last few years have been terrible

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern is another who needs to go

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the problem lies with Mitch K. as much as it does with the loss of Jerry Buss and his ability to lead the Lakers franchise. I think we will end up seeing a real battle royale between the two Buss kids next season over control of the franchise and the Lakers and their fans will be on the losing end.

Status
Not open for further replies.