• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Kupchak planning a trade?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, my man. Nobody is talking about the Lakers. We even have office Lakers tickets that people used to literally fight over. Now? Nobody even wants to go unless Lebron is in town. Have you seen any of those Lakers flags on people's cars for the last couple years? Me either. This is what happens when you go 3 years without winning a playoff series.

Have you seen any Clipper flags on people's cars recently? Me either. They may currently have the better squad than the Lakers, but, with the exceptions of Clipper Darrell, Ralph Lawler, and Marcellus Wiley, no one cares.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to sports talk radio nor do I watch sportscenter.

Yet you claim no one cares about the Lakers. The Lakers fanbase is immense and not going away because of a few down seasons. Come on man.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you claim no one cares about the Lakers. The Lakers fanbase is immense and not going away because of a few down seasons. Come on man.

I agree with that. I'm not saying the Clippers are taking over. I just know that nobody in my office cares anymore and they were all "rabid" Lakers fans when they were winning.

And, no, I haven't seen any Clippers flags on cars. Plenty of Ducks flags, though!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I'm not saying the Clippers are taking over. I just know that nobody in my office cares anymore and they were all "rabid" Lakers fans when they were winning.

And, no, I haven't seen any Clippers flags on cars. Plenty of Ducks flags, though!

Crazy win last night for the Ducks. One away from the Stanley Cup finals!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is notorious for bandwagon type fans and they are a small component of the overall Lakers fanbase. After watching the Lakers for the last two years during their losing seasons, I can tell you unequivocally that especially this year, Staples is always full or nearly so when the Lakers play.

After following the Lakers and the Rams for 50+ years, people always talk about the Lakers even when the Heat are winning championships or anybody else for that matter. If people don't talk about the Lakers, then there sure are a huge amount of phantom posts between Lakers/Celtics/Suns/and Heat fans over the last two years I have been a mod here on the SportsHoopla and before that over on the SEEBS boards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is notorious for bandwagon type fans and they are a small component of the overall Lakers fanbase. After watching the Lakers for the last two years during their losing seasons, I can tell you unequivocally that especially this year, Staples is always full or nearly so when the Lakers play.

After following the Lakers and the Rams for 50+ years, people always talk about the Lakers even when the Heat are winning championships or anybody else for that matter. If people don't talk about the Lakers, then there sure are a huge amount of phantom posts between Lakers/Celtics/Suns/and Heat fans over the last two years I have been a mod here on the SportsHoopla and before that over on the SEEBS boards.

Yeah, but haven't you heard, the people in chapee's office have stopped talking about the Lakers, so that means no one is talking about them. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I retired from Sports Talk radio a couple years ago. I highly recommend that everyone does this, actually! What a garbage dump that whole format is. You are one of those "super fans" that would talk about the Lakers no matter what. I think the 80% that don't fall in that category stopped caring long ago.

I don't listen to sports talk radio nor do I watch sportscenter.

So let me get this straight. You don't listen to sports talk radio, you don't watch SportsCenter and your frame of reference about whether or not people are talking about the Lakers is that the people in your office don't talk about them anymore.

And you think this helps you make your point that people aren't talking about the Lakers? :scratch:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it, or not, the Lakers have been virtually anonymous in this town for years. Everyone in my office used to discuss every game. They haven't done that in years now.

Those are probably fair weather fans.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hill has more trade value than Young. But he's due $9 million which might be a bit too high for a contender looking for a good back up big and spot starter. Young has more talent and I believe he's only due about half of what Hill is, but is a little bit of knucklehead. Not a bad guy who gets in trouble off the court, just doesn't take the game seriously enough to maximize his talent.

I could be wrong, but I think the Lakers would have to pick up the option on Hill in order to trade him.

Oh Hill definitely has more value. I just used him and Young since they seem to be the names that keep getting floated out there. Young is basically garbage. A knuckleheaded player on a long term deal. He's normally the type of player/contract that you have to attach something of value and get nothing in return just because you want to rid yourself of the headache. It's always possible you might sucker a team into a deal but I'm just saying as far as assets go, that's a pretty hard sell.

Hill's option is tricky. If it has to be picked up before trading, that hurts his value. Like you said 9 mil is a hefty price for him and that cuts out a lot of teams looking to save space. If he can be traded before the option pick up (not sure but I think he can't), then that opens up lots more possibilities.

If there is a trade, I think the likeliest is 27 and 34 for a pick around 19-25, with no players involved. Like LA moves up to grab a guy they like (say Montrez Harrell or Tyus Jones), and one of those playoff teams uses 27 on a Euro player to stash and 34 on a player to get on the cheap 2nd round contract

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. You don't listen to sports talk radio, you don't watch SportsCenter and your frame of reference about whether or not people are talking about the Lakers is that the people in your office don't talk about them anymore.

And you think this helps you make your point that people aren't talking about the Lakers? :scratch:

I work with a lot of people and a wide variety of demographics, as well. I also work in sales and have a ton of SoCal customers. I swear that all these people ever spoke about(4-5 years ago) was the Lakers. Now, I don't hear a peep. I don't follow the NBA, but I'm making an observation for you. I heard about the top lottery pick before the season. Then I heard that he got hurt. And I think that was about it for the season. The "casual" Lakers fans are completely tuned out. The guys on the message boards? The guys who call Petros and Money? Those fans can always be counted on to be there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I retired from Sports Talk radio a couple years ago. I highly recommend that everyone does this, actually! What a garbage dump that whole format is. You are one of those "super fans" that would talk about the Lakers no matter what. I think the 80% that don't fall in that category stopped caring long ago.

Go ahead and try to find some Clippers "super fans", we'll wait...

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Lakers will deal Swaggy at some point. I think his antics have upset fans and the front office and we all know what happens to players in purple and gold who go that route, aka #D12, Shaq!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Lakers will deal Swaggy at some point. I think his antics have upset fans and the front office and we all know what happens to players in purple and gold who go that route, aka #D12, Shaq!

It's possible. Not sure what they'd get for him though. The problem with Swaggy isn't that he's a bad guy or really even a bad player. He doesn't get in trouble off the court, he keeps thing upbeat in the locker room and he has the kind of talent to be one of the better players in the league.

Problem is, he just doesn't seem to take things seriously enough. It's great to joke around and keep things loose, but there's also a time to get serious. He just doesn't seem to understand when it's time to get serious.

Also, when his shot isn't falling, he really doesn't contribute anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Young. Not sure if he has trade value or not, but his contract isn't terrible. I would prefer not to have his lack of focus around the young guys, and being around Kobe and Scott doesn't seem to have rubbed off on him at all.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow package Frick and Frack (Young and Hill). Let them do their comedy act on a different team.