• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is KSU coach Snyder in the wrong or in the right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the schools are compensated when a coach leaves. How are they benefiting from making a kid sit out a year? The school gains nothing from making a kid sit out or go the juco route. When he's gone, he's gone. Whether he sits a year or plays right away is not going to change that fact. Seems more punitve than compensatory
Fortunately the K State AD has this common sense thing

"After having further dialogue with Coach Snyder and the Sutton family, we believe that it is in everyone's best interest to grant Corey his full release," KSU Athletic Director Gene Taylor stated on Friday. "We wish Corey the best as he continues his athletic and academic career."

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snyder was mostly in the wrong. I understand trying to encourage his player to honor the commitment he made to the school, which I think Snyder was in the right about, but the commitment is primarily tied to the athletic scholarship and so if he wants to transfer to another school then it should just simply void out the athletic scholarship and free him to leave and accept whatever scholarship another school wants to give him. Snyder took it too personally and was trying to abuse his power in my opinion. I think athletes, just like students with academic scholarships that committed to a school when they accepted and enrolled, should be able to have the freedom to transfer without punishment from the coach or administration. You may not be able to take the scholarship with you, but there should not be vindictive coaches keeping you from making an adult decision.
Welcome to the hoop.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you a hint - nobody is saying Alabama is academically higher than Stanford you ignorant fuck.
In my experience, most people are completely clueless as to what makes a college solid academically.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, most people are completely clueless as to what makes a college solid academically.

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Stanford is overall a better school academically than Alabama.

But it apparently does take one to understand APR and GSR are simply measurements to make sure the athletic departments are doing their duty to the players education.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know what APR is or what the purpose of it is, that's fine.

I'll give you a hint - nobody is saying Alabama is academically higher than Stanford you ignorant fuck.
Alabama has a much higher APR than USC. If Alabama and USC both got 5-7 next year, Alabama will get into a bowl game before USC because of academics.

You brought it up moron, not me. lol. I had to inform you to the fact that it means squat when it comes to the level of education the players are getting or the schools academic ranking. You thought because Alabama reported a higher APR than USC then it was superior in academics. Well it also reported a higher APR than Stanford (And Duke, Cal, Boston College...)you dunce. But hey nice try at backpedaling. You suck at it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought it up moron, not me. lol. I had to inform you to the fact that it means squat when it comes to the level of education the players are getting or the schools academic ranking. You thought because Alabama reported a higher APR than USC then it was superior in academics. Well it also reported a higher APR than Stanford you dunce. But hey nice try at backpedaling. You suck at it.

APR and GSR are measures the NCAA use to measure if the programs are making sure their players are getting their education.

The rest of your post is you being a bigger idiot than I thought.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
APR and GSR are measures the NCAA use to measure if the programs are making sure their players are getting their education.

The rest of your post is you being a bigger idiot than I thought.

Oh look you can quote an article. lol. I quoted your first mention of APR. It shows you didn't know what it meant. All I see now you trying to cover up that you did'nt know shit. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look you can quote an article. lol. I quoted your first mention of APR. It shows you didn't know what it meant. All I see now you trying to cover up that you did'nt know shit. lol

And just for your information. Schools like USC , Stanford , Michigan, Ohio State, Duke , Vanderbilt take education seriously and recorded actual numbers. You don't find it interesting/funny that schools like Alabama and Auburn and Florida who are listed as hundreds of spots lower in national rankings not only sent in higher numbers than those schools and many others who are high academic universities but they sent in the exact number.lol .Nothing to see here. We send our boys to skool.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

APR is used to fill in bowl teams when they run out of 6 win teams.

Thus because Alabama has a higher APR than USC, Alabama would get into a bowl game before USC for academic reasons.

You're the idiot who still can't understand why my statement is true, didn't understand what the fuck I was talking about and started talking about academic prestige.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for your information. Schools like USC , Stanford , Michigan, Ohio State, Duke , Vanderbilt take education seriously and recorded actual numbers. You don't find it interesting/funny that schools like Alabama and Auburn and Florida who are listed as hundreds of spots lower in national rankings not only sent in higher numbers than those but they sent in the exact number.lol .Nothing to see here. We send our boys to skool.

And here we go back to they must be cheating because I don't like the results.

Typical fucktard.

PS: Let me know if you ever figure out what APR actually is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical fucktard.

No we are back to Alabama sending in higher numbers than Stanford. So if Alabama and Stanford were tied.Alabama would get the bowl game "for academic reasons" See the stupidity in that?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical fucktard.

PS: Let me know if you ever figure out what APR actually is.

Whats typical is the win at all costs we don't see anything wrong here mentality from fans like you. How many arrests of Alabama players in the past ten years? Yet they slide right through the academic process like a warm knife through butter. I'm sure it's quite challenging there were they actually send someone to see if they make it to class and thats considered an achievement.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
APR is used to fill in bowl teams when they run out of 6 win teams.

Thus because Alabama has a higher APR than USC, Alabama would get into a bowl game before USC for academic reasons.

You're the idiot who still can't understand why my statement is true, didn't understand what the fuck I was talking about and started talking about academic prestige.

LOL. You still don't get what a joke the APR some schools send in when Auburn Florida and Alabama send in the exact same number. Just a few points less than Vanderbuilt. Yeah, no one will notice. lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we are back to Alabama sending in higher numbers than Stanford. So if Alabama and Stanford were tied.Alabama would get the bowl game "for academic reasons" See the stupidity in that?

Then go cry to the NCAA for their measures.

But I would recommend you actually figure out what it means first.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You still don't get what a joke the APR some schools send in when Auburn Florida and Alabama send in the exact same number. Just a few points less than Vanderbuilt. Yeah, no one will notice. lol

You are making accusations of academic cheating, and yet you only need a score above 930 to not get in trouble.

Face the reality, you are just butthurt and don't understand what APR is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats typical is the win at all costs we don't see anything wrong here mentality from fans like you. How many arrests of Alabama players in the past ten years? Yet they slide right through the academic process like a warm knife through butter. I'm sure it's quite challenging there were they actually send someone to see if they make it to class and thats considered an achievement.

:lol: @ moving the goal posts because you are too stupid to understand what APR is.

I'll help you out a little, it stands for: "Academic Progress Rate".

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to sit out a year discourages them from transfering.

Without it, kids would be transfering like crazy and it becomes more like free agency.

Releases and such are for times when it's mutal. IE: The kid knows he's never going to contribute, the coaches know he is never going to contribute.

Kids transfer for a variety of reasons. More playing time, to get closer to home, because their coach left, or because they graduated, or just don't like the school. But, players will transfer because they aren't satisfied with their role and most of the times it's granted. To pretend that it's not a common occurance in college football or basketball is ridiculous.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making accusations of academic cheating, and yet you only need a score above 930 to not get in trouble.

Face the reality, you are just butthurt and don't understand what APR is.

Well all know the NCAA doesn't give a flying fuck about academics or North Carolina would have been carpet bombed for the shit they pulled for ten straityears. So I doubt schools like Alabama and Auburn and Florida are worried about sending in numbers that put them above schools who actually do care about the academics. Even sending in higher numbers than Duke and Stanford wont make the NCAA take a second look. But morons like you still say "Alabama will get in over USC (and Stanford and Duke....) because of academics"
Now you can backpedal or deny all you want but you wrote that.