• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Izzo really as good as the pundits say he is

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Droolcraft Follies...

thought that avi looked familiar (looks like an upgraded Bertram 64.)

What is awesome is I am up early because the "googins" are cleaning the 65 Viking Im running in the Bahamas.

fuckn way awesome runner, there Captain. You chartering? or just drowning old Fountains with your new toy?

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealing with jackasses this morning. Have a prop shaft leaking that would sink the boat. Everyone seems to think this is a mystery. :L

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phirst, phind a phony Buckeye phan...

then ask that phucker to start a thread questioning Matta's achievements.

What about Thad Matta, dammit??!

Codaxx? CTM was spot on talking about 5*/top-20 Payne's early struggles adjusting to collegiate ball. Kid had it all, but...many of us had way serious concerns about his 'making the grade' (both literally and figuratively.) How Izzo handled Payne's unique situation might have been duplicated elsewhere by other great coaches...might have; the question is moot...all we know for sure is that Payne will now graduate (with honors) and move on to certain success in the NBA - all thanks (especially from Payne himself) being directed at Izzo's mentorship and player development skills.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then ask that phucker to start a thread questioning Matta's achievements.

Codaxx? CTM was spot on talking about 5*/top-20 Payne's early struggles adjusting to collegiate ball. Kid had it all, but...many of us had way serious concerns about his 'making the grade' (both literally and figuratively.) How Izzo handled Payne's unique situation might have been duplicated elsewhere by other great coaches...might have; the question is moot...all we know for sure is that Payne will now graduate (with honors) and move on to certain success in the NBA - all thanks (especially from Payne himself) being directed at Izzo's mentorship and player development skills.

Development stories are when you take a under-recruited kid and turn him into a star. Getting a 5 star kid to play well is expected. MSU fans are trying to make it deeper and reach for this great accomplishment. Lots of highly recruited kids come from suspect families. I just can not help myself when it comes to calling this stuff out.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Highway runs through Texas too...

Development stories are when you take a under-recruited kid and turn him into a star. Getting a 5 star kid to play well is expected. MSU fans are trying to make it deeper and reach for this great accomplishment. Lots of highly recruited kids come from suspect families. I just can not help myself when it comes to calling this stuff out.

pfft!

Hoops Highway 101 is littered with 5* highly-recruited roadkill who rejected mentoring at the next level.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pfft!

Hoops Highway 101 is littered with 5* highly-recruited roadkill who rejected mentoring at the next level.

but there are more 5 star success stories than failures. Seriously, are you really going to go on about what a great job it was to have a top 20 recruit live up to his potential?

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many, many Izzo success stories, but the future success of a top 20 recruit IS NOT ONE OF THEM, PERIOD. Give it up :omg:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but there are more 5 star success stories than failures. Seriously, are you really going to go on about what a great job it was to have a top 20 recruit live up to his potential?

AP's 'potential' was highly questionable by the end of his first season...he was very close to being one of those few 'failures'. Seriously? yes. I'll go on all fuckn day about what a great job Izzo & Co did in helping him live up to his potential. In a program known for its success in developing potential, shouldn't it stand out that Payne is recognized as MSU's "Most Improved Player?"

H to the izzo

the Payne issue aside...
virtually every poster contributing to this thread has rammed your delusions re: Izzo, up your smirky ass.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Payne issue aside...
virtually every poster contributing to this thread has rammed your delusions re: Izzo, up your smirky ass.[/QUOTE]

Is this directed at me? Pretty much the only issue I had was the Payne comments. Trying to figure out what delusions you are speaking about.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...it was directed at the OP

Is this directed at me? Pretty much the only issue I had was the Payne comments. Trying to figure out what delusions you are speaking about.

mostly those of a purported 'Spartan' who doesn't follow cbb or cfb, calls the conference the "Pig Ten" and starts threads here based on his premise that Izzo is over-rated.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Bo Ryan is a great coach. Not on the level of Izzo and Donovan, but he's in one of the top couple tiers. There aren't many coaches that could have taken over Wisconsin when he did and turn them into a perennial threat in arguably the toughest conference in the country. Yeah I want to see him make a final four before he is crowned as a savior, but Wisconsin has never been the kind of basketball program that makes final fours. He at least puts us in position, even if we haven't made one under him yet.

Wasnt wisky in the final 4 right before bo took over? A final 4 is a final 4.....and bo doesnt have one.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo rated as the 2nd best coach behind coach K in an ESPN article....pitino, donovan, self follow them.....beielein was 6th.......highest for a coach with no title.....no mention of bo ryan....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There aren't many coaches that could have taken over Wisconsin when he did and turn them into a perennial threat in arguably the toughest conference in the country."

Yeah gotta be tough to take a team that was in the 2000 final 4 and go 12 yrs without ever making one himself.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo is easily one of the top 5 coaches in the game. To suggest otherwise is simply flat out stupid.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo is easily one of the top 5 coaches in the game. To suggest otherwise is simply flat out stupid.

If they meet cincy in rd 2 or 3 whatever they call it now, its gonna be a dogfight....2 physical teams....hope the refs let them play so neither teams get into foul trouble.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they meet cincy in rd 2 or 3 whatever they call it now, its gonna be a dogfight....2 physical teams....hope the refs let them play so neither teams get into foul trouble.

No kidding. Could be like the UC/Pitt game from earlier this year...scores in the 40's/50's...LOL

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as an X/O, motivator, getting the most out of talent, on the court guy, he's the best coach out of the major competing programs.

Which means, better than Coach K, Williams, Self, Calipari (lol), Pitino, Donovan, and even Calhoun and Olsen when they were around.

But it's about recruiting too, and a bunch of those guys recruit at a higher level.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has exactly one title and that was how long ago? So if/when he falls again this year, will you realize he is over hyped? And when Donovan wins his third, will he get half the love H to the Izzo gets?

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt Bag - I would not trade IZZO for a 120' Westport Motor yacht. He is the best in the game at maximizing his talent. You ready to see a show unlike anything that has ever been? Were going to continue the clinic we put on last weekend.