• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Izzo really as good as the pundits say he is

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I don't bleed green but I am a Spartan...but don't really care for basket ball as much as hockey. I have seen enough disappointment/failures with Izzo, Heathcote, et al to not put too much hope into it...and I just don't buy the hype/love Izzo gets for what he has accomplished as far as Championships. so take it or leave it...it really has no bearing on my life!

Dirt Bag - I would not trade IZZO for a 120' Westport Motor yacht. He is the best in the game at maximizing his talent. You ready to see a show unlike anything that has ever been? Were going to continue the clinic we put on last weekend.

CTM...am betting you'd enjoy Hanson Brothering this phony pos Walgreen's Spartan as much as I would.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has exactly one title and that was how long ago? So if/when he falls again this year, will you realize he is over hyped? And when Donovan wins his third, will he get half the love H to the Izzo gets?

Once again just name ALL the coaches better than izzo right now......im still waiting...

I agree if donovan wins another title he will easily be ahead of tom izzo in my eyes......but that doesnt mean izzo is chopped liver.....3 titles is pretty amazing....

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again just name ALL the coaches better than izzo right now......im still waiting...

I agree if donovan wins another title he will easily be ahead of tom izzo in my eyes......but that doesnt mean izzo is chopped liver.....3 titles is pretty amazing....

I think Donovan is right there, but not better. It takes time and some good players to become a great coach. For my money, Pitino is the best and it's a pick-em for several others to include: Isso, Donovan, K, Cal, JB, Fisher, Self, Miller, Bennett, and several others whose names are not with me at the moment.
There really is no reason to make an issue as to who is better as all above are excellent.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan is better right now than H to the Izzo...

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTM...am betting you'd enjoy Hanson Brothering this phony pos Walgreen's Spartan as much as I would.

LOL...internet tough guy...look out! LOL...Hanson brothering....BWAHAHAHAHAHA

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...over rated. He hasn't been to a final four in four years. Fucker...no inside game all freaking day. POS appling sucks dick

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 2nd time a 7th seed makes the final four...great coach! H to the Izzo had no offensive game plan...

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First senior class not to make a FF? Is that correct?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they shit the bed during the regular season while being hyped to the heavens and then make a run.

I'd rather have a underachieving regular season and then make a deep tournament run than have a great regular season and be out in the first or 2nd round.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue with Izzo is that he makes a ton of deep runs but doesn't win the title. It's always because one of his players choking.. 2014 and 2010 come to mind. With that said, he is a top 3 College Basketball coach atm.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I didn't see this the first time around, but I definitely think that Izzo is in the top tier of coaching. I heard some announcers during the Providence game, say that Bridges (next year) will be Izzo's first top 10 recruit. Even if that stat is only counting ESPN top ten, I still think it's significant.

With regard to 1 NC, I don't think that's the only indicator of success. In fact, his 7 FFs are more impressive to me than even 2 NCs. What Izzo has done at MSU is nothing short of impressive to me.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I didn't see this the first time around, but I definitely think that Izzo is in the top tier of coaching. I heard some announcers during the Providence game, say that Bridges (next year) will be Izzo's first top 10 recruit. Even if that stat is only counting ESPN top ten, I still think it's significant.

With regard to 1 NC, I don't think that's the only indicator of success. In fact, his 7 FFs are more impressive to me than even 2 NCs. What Izzo has done at MSU is nothing short of impressive to me.

Izzo is pure blue collar. His kids, fans and fellows love him because he continuously proves that he loves them even more. (made a multi-$million contribution to MSU a couple of years back) While he deserves a title or three more, I gots to agree that (from a devoted fan's standpoint) reaching the FF is THE Achievement...that Runner Up or Champion is preferred icing - but not absolutely necessary to characterize the season a great success. (lol, that's what Duke/UNC/UK's expectations are!)