• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Izzo really as good as the pundits say he is

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves and H2 thanks for handling the light work. Two perfect Izzo strories of a great coach dedicated to his players, Green and Payne.

Green - He was terrible and out of shape when he walked on to campus. Izzo spent four years working with him and developed one of the most Spartanistic players to ever wear the Green and White. Saw Green with Golden State guarding Lebron last year. Made a last second lay up to win the game. Lebron was later complimenting Green on what a great player he was. Now that's saying something.

Payne - He is considered the most versitile Big Man in the country. That did not happen over night. He was rough when Izzo brought him to town. Now look, he has a great future ahead of him.

IZZO has said it many times, players first, basketball second.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows it BS? I live in chicago and follow the recruits here closely.....tyler ulis was all but headed to sparty the last 2 yrs. he plays 5 mins from my house at marion catholic..seen him play many times....izzo was in town ALOT over the last 2 yrs...as soon as kentucky came calling, he went to them...it is widely known around here that he chose the branding of kentucky over sparty and iowa.....same with tyus jones and okafor.....they were both heavily recruited by izzo for the last few yrs....and they chose duke.....cliff alexander....chose kansas even tho i think that had to do with more of his GF.....jabari parker....chose duke.....its hard for a huge recruit to ignore the big names of UNC, duke, or kentucky. Izzo tries to get the guys that will stay 4 yrs over 1-2....gary harris is his first underclassman to leave early for the NBA since shannon brown....if izzo coached at kentucky......he could recruit just as good as calipari but would be able to coach better than him. My opinion.

But to say izzo is overated is crazy....i put pitino izzo and donovan in the same class..

I think Izzo is a great coach. I think claiming he can not get recruits, because he is at MSU is an excuse. MSU is well established. Outside of Duke, they are probably the most consistent program over the last decade. Izzo has gotten some studs over the years. There is no excuse for him not to get studs. There is no reason that Izzo should get out-recruited by Ohio State. Izzo being a mediocre recruiter,as far as pure talent is concerned, doesnt mean he is not a great coach. It means he is a mediocre recruiter.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves and H2 thanks for handling the light work. Two perfect Izzo strories of a great coach dedicated to his players, Green and Payne.

Green - He was terrible and out of shape when he walked on to campus. Izzo spent four years working with him and developed one of the most Spartanistic players to ever wear the Green and White. Saw Green with Golden State guarding Lebron last year. Made a last second lay up to win the game. Lebron was later complimenting Green on what a great player he was. Now that's saying something.

Payne - He is considered the most versitile Big Man in the country. That did not happen over night. He was rough when Izzo brought him to town. Now look, he has a great future ahead of him.

IZZO has said it many times, players first, basketball second.

This is what I love about message boards. Payne was molded into a player by Izzo. He was a 5 star player coming out of High School and national top 20 player. Thanks for the story.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you don't bite that tongue before it impales your cheek...

This is what I love about message boards. Payne was molded into a player by Izzo. He was a 5 star player coming out of High School and national top 20 player. Thanks for the story.

AP is first to acknowledge the fact that he wouldn't be where he is today were it not for Tom Izzo. It's the best story in cbb...so...
if you really like "Stories" you see on the boards? read the BR link in the following post:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ial-b1g-basketball-thread-83.html#post4611778

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First.... Izzy beat the Horns and Cats this year.. We will start there. To challenge MSU Alum on player progress makes you just well..... dumb. Regardless of Paynes hype he was not a 5 star when he stepped on the floor four years ago. He was brutal, his hands were like bricks, he couldn't dribble, he was a liability on the court. I have watched every game Izzo has ever coached. Too much distress in my life I may add. Dont tell me about MSU player stories. "I am not a smart man " as H2S is, he is genius, but I do have a B.S in Business Management from MSU. Comment on "stories" from the internet you have "first hand" knowledge of.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First.... Izzy beat the Horns and Cats this year.. We will start there. To challenge MSU Alum on player progress makes you just well..... dumb. Regardless of Paynes hype he was not a 5 star when he stepped on the floor four years ago. He was brutal, his hands were like bricks, he couldn't dribble, he was a liability on the court. I have watched every game Izzo has ever coached. Too much distress in my life I may add. Dont tell me about MSU player stories. "I am not a smart man " as H2S is, he is genius, but I do have a B.S in Business Management from MSU. Comment on "stories" from the internet you have "first hand" knowledge of.

Talking about Horns and Cats make you illigical. Fact is the kid was very talented. There are pkenty of great Izzo stories, but this is not one of them. You are flat out wrong and blinded by you allegiance.

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a couple of community college classes and learn how to spell and we will continue this conversation. You present yourself as uneducated and uninformed.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...one more title and hes elite....but right now hes great...

Just look at a coach like bo ryan, who puts up great regular season stats then vanishes in march...he doesnt even have ONE final 4...but wisky fans think hes great...

Just still wondering who the original poster thinks is better than izzo right now.....a bunch of great ones i would have to bet..

I do think Bo Ryan is a great coach. Not on the level of Izzo and Donovan, but he's in one of the top couple tiers. There aren't many coaches that could have taken over Wisconsin when he did and turn them into a perennial threat in arguably the toughest conference in the country. Yeah I want to see him make a final four before he is crowned as a savior, but Wisconsin has never been the kind of basketball program that makes final fours. He at least puts us in position, even if we haven't made one under him yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Thad Matta, dammit??!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a couple of community college classes and learn how to spell and we will continue this conversation. You present yourself as uneducated and uninformed.
-
There, their, they're little grammar nazi, do not get upset over a little type-o. I simply pointed out that MSU fans are ridiculous for attempting to show Payne as a great achievement in development. The guy was a 5 star kid and a top 20 recruit in the nation. Facts support my contention. YOu are hiding behind a type-o. I should point out that commas are your friend, but that wouldnt be me.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Thad Matta, dammit??!
-
Nothing. I was simply pting out that if Thad can recruit a top 5 class, than Izzo should be able to also. I think it is a fair contention.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.. A college coarse would serve you well.

Irony is awesome..

1course noun \ˈkȯrs\
: the path or direction that something or someone moves along

: a path or route that runners, skiers, bikers, etc., move along especially in a race

: a series of classes about a particular subject in a school

coarse
kôrs/Submit
adjective
rough or loose in texture or grain.
"a coarse woolen cloth"
synonyms: rough, scratchy, prickly, wiry More
antonyms: soft
made of large grains or particles.
"dry, coarse sand"
(of grains or particles) large.
(of a person's features) not elegantly formed or proportioned.
synonyms: large, rough, rough-hewn, heavy; More
antonyms: delicate
(of food or drink) of inferior quality.
(of a person or their speech) rude, crude, or vulgar.
synonyms: oafish, loutish, boorish, uncouth, rude, impolite, ill-mannered, uncivil; More
vulgar, crude, rude, off-color, dirty, filthy, smutty, indelicate, improper, unseemly, crass, tasteless, lewd, prurient, blue, farmyard

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sware to gawd, capten, you krak me up

much more fun around here when you're not out chumming the gulf stream.

Again.. A college coarse would serve you well.

btw, are the blues running yet?

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is awesome is I am up early because the "googins" are cleaning the 65 Viking Im running in the Bahamas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is awesome is I am up early because the "googins" are cleaning the 65 Viking Im running in the Bahamas.

I will be sure to hire you the next time I am in your neighborhood. Keep trying, maybe your desire to impress some faceless poster will come to fruition.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackass - I'm a real person, H2 and I go way back. My MMC # is 3521750.

I never said you were fake. I was just pointing out your desire to impress people that you will never know or meet. I find it interesting, much like your ability to quickly devolve into figure pointing and name calling.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you knock on somebody's spelling and grammar when you have mistakes in your own post. so, while seeming uneducated, you also seem like a dick