• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time for Troy to go?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008 he was a beast. He was making plays left and right. Remember that INT vs. San Diego? Barely got his hand under it before it hit. Even made another one at the end of the game and took it in for a TD, but the NFL didn't allow it since they wanted an 11-9 final score.

This year he's showing his age. He's a future HoFer - no doubt about that. He's got his rings.

Is it time for him to go?

Can the guy backing him up do the job?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait if he goes...............

Who is gonna does those awesome Head and shoulder commericals

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it this way Midnight, because he deserves the long version...he can't cover, never really could, he can still (and will) hit, but he doesn't finish (hit and wrap) tackles anymore (especially in the open field). He'll make the occasional splash play now...but he can cost you 6 just as easily.

In short...on THIS team...one that would do well to win 10 games coming into the season...Yes, time to go....I think they should've gracefully parted ways with him (and Ike) and play Shamarko Thomas at SS.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, safety doesn't seem like a position that lends itself to rotations, so since he is on the team, he's probably going to be the starter the rest of the year.

Personally, I'd move him into subpackages only, but of course that is easy to say from afar.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sub pkg would be ideal, but you're right, rarely see that at the S position...Played one of his better games last night...so did Mitchell actually. I just hate that Shark is not getting any real minutes, but he's nursing a bad hammy anyway.

If they (and the rest) bring that (2nd/3rd Qtr) effort on DEF for the next 2 games...I like their chances.