• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Golden on the money?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, losses have an impact. Ray Lewis involved in an incident that left two people dead. Two titles later he's in the broadcast booth. Big Ben gets accused of r*pe in what was at best a really sleazy move by him and Rooney, who's supposed to be a class act, gives a bunch of lip service about it but keeps him on the roster because he was irreplaceable at the time.

You know what impacts the bottom line? LOSING. Thinking it's anything else is very naive. Professional sports is a seedy business where a lot of marginal human beings make a really good living because they're athletic freaks. Class has nothing to do with it.

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those things were proven. They mean nothing without proof.

Repeated suspensions for violations of substance policies are proven. Completely separate situations.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those things were proven. They are unrelated.

Whatever dude. I guess that murder/r*pe/dui's/assault/... is not quite as bad as failing a drug test when it comes to PR in your book. And I have to tip my cap to Tom and Gisele's choice in bodyguards. Brady claims that they were on the property and that the bodyguards didn't have guns to begin with. Class acts there. Maybe he should have had someone like Hernandez down there working security. A guy like him knows how to close that kind of deal.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not proven, it didn't happen. Ben didn't r*pe anyone and ray didn't murder anyone.

So yes, by their very nature, proven offenses are worse than allegations.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Repeated suspensions for violations of substance policies are proven. Completely separate situations.

It's also proven that the Seahawks respond well to these situations and have won when they faced them. And nobody was "calling out" their teammates then.

There is obviously an issue with substance violations. But there is nothing to imply that they dont know how to handle it. Handling adversity is a bigger part of being a leader than avoiding it.

Like we keep saying, winning is all that matters. And that comes from within the locker room, not Sportscenter soundbites.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not proven, it didn't happen. Ben didn't r*pe anyone and ray didn't murder anyone.

"If it's not proven, it didn't happen"? If you ever paid a dime of tuition on a logic or critical thinking class I would demand a refund if I were you.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And btw, both of those things were proven. Ray Lewis was involved in an incident that left two people dead. Ben at the very least joined a drunk chick in the bathroom and had sex. Nobody disputed either of those points. Whether it was murder or r*pe is what was in question.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK.

I know that these problems have been ongoing. But until it affects the win-loss column keep it in house.

I think the reason it hasn't shown in the win/lose column is because of the character of the rest of the team to not let it distract them. I just hope this is the end of all this crap.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being accused once of r*pe could lead me to believe that the girl was looking for a quick buck in a lawsuit, but being accused twice is a trend and makes you think. Big Ben has money and money is power to keep people quiet. In this case the 2 girls got payed off nicely and quietly and everyone goes home happy.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning isn't going to make this go away or make it a non-issue. What it will do is get people wondering... Well if this many players on the Seahawks are getting caught doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, how many of them are doing stuff and just not getting caught? It calls into question the integrity of the whole team, even if it's just the few selfish knuckleheads that have been caught that are actually doing anything and the rest of the guys are clean as a whistle. We're coming up on 9 years since the Patriots last won a title and people still question the legitimacy of their 3 championships because of Spy-gate and there very well could always be a cloud around those championships in the eyes of some people.

If the players don't start taking it upon themselves to get this cleaned up, even if it takes speaking out publicly to do so, we could be sitting here in a decade having to defend the legitimacy of any championships the team wins. I want to be able to enjoy the first championship by a major sports team in Seattle in my lifetime without having to put up with people constantly questioning its legitimacy because nobody on the player end of it spoke up and said enough is enough. That's why I don't mind that Tate said what he said or that he said it publicly.

If the team keeps winning, they're going to have a reputation as a winner, but if they keep racking up illegal substance suspensions in the process, they're also going to have a reputation as a winner whose players couldn't stop breaking the rules, which would allow people to call into question whether they could have won without breaking them. What's the point of having a winner if enough people think you had to cheat to become one? I don't want any championships this team wins to be attributed to that and I think that if you're being honest, you guys don't want that either.

Last edited by a moderator: