• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is David Bowie and/or his music gay?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, RP is completely right. I just went to listen to the Bowie/Queen collab, and the entire suggestion screen thumbnails for different videos looks like a who's who of '80s gayness.

View attachment 174470

Going top to bottom, we've got Mercury exhibiting some questionable hand-placement of a phallic object in proximity to face, Collins; same thing, Ron Jeremy if he was gay, John Oates striking the gayest possible pose when standing next to a bandmate, and Bowie dressed up as a clown in (what I assume is) some weird sort of creepy homage to John Wayne Gacy.

Even a straight shot of Madonna's rack can't save this sequence of '80s video thumbnail images
Yeah, the 80's were kind of "gay", especially the music. I don't know if it was necessarily a bad thing though. The gayness of the 80's put an end to the annoying disco era. But some of those groups/artists were around before the 80's, like Elton John and David Bowie. I don't know if gay is the best term but it's close enough. There were a lot of awful Pop bands I guess you'd call them that put out some absolute garbage. A-Hah, Mister Mister to name a couple. I think MTV was what made a lot of even the good groups start worrying about "theatrics" in their videos.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ who gives a f*ck if he was or wasn't!

For all of you wondering you need to come together with your:

:suds:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay
Androgynous

Back then, it's the only thing Bowie had to stand out.
It worked.
It was weird.

I always thought he was into women though.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ who gives a f*ck if he was or wasn't!

For all of you wondering you need to come together with your:

:suds:
How you get rainbows...lesson 32