• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is David Bowie and/or his music gay?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything about the '80s was gay.

Get out of town! You callin' these studs gay?!?

25q8wg6.jpg

Actually, RP is completely right. I just went to listen to the Bowie/Queen collab, and the entire suggestion screen thumbnails for different videos looks like a who's who of '80s gayness.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 4.03.54 PM.png

Going top to bottom, we've got Mercury exhibiting some questionable hand-placement of a phallic object in proximity to face, Collins; same thing, Ron Jeremy if he was gay, John Oates striking the gayest possible pose when standing next to a bandmate, and Bowie dressed up as a clown in (what I assume is) some weird sort of creepy homage to John Wayne Gacy.

Even a straight shot of Madonna's rack can't save this sequence of '80s video thumbnail images

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was said here. More gay than a pastel pillow in the back seat of a pink VW bug.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie was an icon. One of a kind & once in a lifetime artist.
An original musician, writer, composer, performer, artist & human being in every sense of the word.
Loved, respected & admired all over the world. Transcending generations, cultures & ideologies.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So have we reached a consensus yet- is Bowie a cocksmoker? (figuratively of course)
The answer is no. Even if he did happen to smoke a cock or three.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Labyrinth.

labyrinth4.gif
You know how random, forgotten shit just pops up out of nowhere in a cluster sometimes? That happened to me with Labyrinth a couple weeks ago. It just randomly worked it's way into my life a couple times within about 3 days.

It holds up, by the way, cuz Bowie and Muppets.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it's gay, but his music was definitely terrible.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it's gay, but his music was definitely terrible.
Not every music artist can meet your standard of at least one washboard and jug solo in every song. Okay?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was gay.

Yes, his music was gay.

But gay in the good way. Where everybody wears eye shadow and gets off thanks to Mick Jagger.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure what relevance his alleged sexual preferences or his personal proclivities have, or had to do with the greatness that is, and always will be, his music.
Lighten up Francis. I literally set out 3 or 4 sentences in the OP to say that I don’t give a fuck if he was actually gay. I didn’t think it was necessary, but I put it in in case the fainting brigade came by and then tried to sue on grounds of a lack of couches offered

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck! Bowie was awesome, he was one person who was so many different people with his music!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up Francis. I literally set out 3 or 4 sentences in the OP to say that I don’t give a fuck if he was actually gay. I didn’t think it was necessary, but I put it in in case the fainting brigade came by and then tried to sue on grounds of a lack of couches offered

:scratch:

Thanks for proving once again how stupid & utterly silly you are for....
1) making this dumb & unnecessary thread in the 1st place, and 2) for thinking & assuming I was referring to you....but yeah.....lol at "his mannerisms", amirite?

:L

Troll harder....Do better.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not asking whether or not Bowie was homosexual in his sexual orientation (in actuality, he could be said to be bisexual, though that may or may not be true- I think he was interested in just women).

What I am asking is if you consider his act, his mannerisms, and his music "gay."

For example, Freddie Mercury is fucking awesome (Queen is probably my second favorite rock act after Bowie). He was also most certainly gay, whether you were talking about his act, his mannerisms, or his music. Elton John is one of my favorite singers- and (in addition to being attracted to men) his entire act was gay.

So please understand that I do not mean it as a pejorative or put-down. Bowie is my second favorite musical artist of all time, and I do not care whether or not he was actually homosexual.

Ok, if this isn't making any sense, imagine this scenario.

Person A: Want to go grab dinner and then see the George Michael concert?
Person B: Uhhhh, dude, you do realize that we're not dating.

Now, replace "George Michael" with "Led Zeppelin" in the first scenario. Completely reasonable question, and Person B likely says yes without thinking twice.

Where does "David Bowie" fall in on this George Michael/LedZeppelin concert scenario scale?

Bowie was less gay than you.

But, yes, he was ghey as fuck.

Hope that clears things up, shit for brains.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie was an icon. One of a kind & once in a lifetime artist.
An original musician, writer, composer, performer, artist & human being in every sense of the word.
Loved, respected & admired all over the world. Transcending generations, cultures & ideologies.

Puh leeze, he made some good music and he made some shitty music. Not surprised that you are head over heels for your fellow gobbler though.