• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irwin Tools Night Race @ Bristol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of an effort by Brad there....couldn't make it stick

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't a bad race, but a race that didn't live up to Bristol standards IMO.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't a bad race, but a race that didn't live up to Bristol standards IMO.

Agree.. if they could have gotten an inside groove going might have been a better race.. but this was better racing than what it had been

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.. if they could have gotten an inside groove going might have been a better race.. but this was better racing than what it had been

You mean like they had a few years ago after the repave but fans bitched about how it wasn't like "the old Bristol" so they changed it back?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like they had a few years ago after the repave but fans bitched about how it wasn't like "the old Bristol" so they changed it back?

They didn't change it back. They improved from what it was with the progressive banking, but they didn't change it to the old Bristol. The old Bristol was a one groove track, and that one groove was on the very bottom and you had to use your bumper to pass. That's the Bristol I grew up with and the Bristol I love.

The last few races at Bristol since they milled the top groove have been decent, but it still isn't near as good as it was before the progressive banking was added in the first place. I'll never understand their reasoning.

"Let's take NASCAR's most exciting track and tyhe toughest ticket to acquire in NASCAR and try to make it a completely different style of race"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say anything like that.. did you even watch the race??

Yeah, you did. You started off in this topic bitching about how boring the track has been the last 5 years or so. Then you make a comment about how it would have been a better race had they had an inside groove to work with...which is what the repave did that you claimed was so boring. That's what my comment was referencing, fans that complain about Bristol being boring because there aren't multiple lines to pass but their usually the same ones that complained when they repaved the track to actually get multiple lines.

Bristol was a one lane track. You literally had to knock people out of the way to get by them a lot of the time. Then they repaved it to where you could run top and bottom fairly easily. It was more like a 1.5 lane track but if you had a good car, there were 2 lanes to work with. But fans bitched and moaned because nobody wrecked each other anymore so it wasn't "like the old Bristol" (heck, just read Chewy's post). So they scrapped it and its back to basically being a one groove track. The lesson in all of it? Fans never really liked racing at Bristol. They liked all the sideshow stuff that came from tearing up cars.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't change it back. They improved from what it was with the progressive banking, but they didn't change it to the old Bristol. The old Bristol was a one groove track, and that one groove was on the very bottom and you had to use your bumper to pass. That's the Bristol I grew up with and the Bristol I love.

The last few races at Bristol since they milled the top groove have been decent, but it still isn't near as good as it was before the progressive banking was added in the first place. I'll never understand their reasoning.

"Let's take NASCAR's most exciting track and tyhe toughest ticket to acquire in NASCAR and try to make it a completely different style of race"

Right on brother! It boggles the mind. Take the race everyone looked forward to and talked about for weeks on end and change it. For NO GOOD reason.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on brother! It boggles the mind. Take the race everyone looked forward to and talked about for weeks on end and change it. For NO GOOD reason.

Do you forget who owns the track?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruton is a madman. Seems to pay off most of the time, but he's out there.

well he has single handedly ruined Bristol :gaah: