• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irsay lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Dude has not coached past HS. Yes he knows the game but cmon man, pay no dues via the coaching ranks but he is the man for this job? I am guessing a temp fix for now. Irsay is a clown show coke sniffer who is no better than scummy danny boy. I am actually surprised he didn't just fire everyone since he is on a roll lately. First it was the QB play, now the coaching. Perhaps this dude has no mirrors in his house or office to look into. Then again, he seems to be a lot like Snyder so the only thing he see's looking back at him is a narcissist but he doesn't see it LOL.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Dude has not coached past HS. Yes he knows the game but cmon man, pay no dues via the coaching ranks but he is the man for this job? I am guessing a temp fix for now. Irsay is a clown show coke sniffer who is no better than scummy danny boy. I am actually surprised he didn't just fire everyone since he is on a roll lately. First it was the QB play, now the coaching. Perhaps this dude has no mirrors in his house or office to look into. Then again, he seems to be a lot like Snyder so the only thing he see's looking back at him is a narcissist but he doesn't see it LOL.

This, if he stays as permanent coach, unless he does really well, is going to cause issues for the NFLs argument that minorities are given fair chances. Not saying they need to be hired per se but to argue that there’s a process for earning it, is out here. It is one case. I’m not trying to argue affirmative action, just skipping the line with no NFL experience when that experi argument has excluded many (obviously not just minorities) from the job.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, dude is well on his way to being the next Snyder. Only thing that’s kept him this long was lucking into manning. He’s a damn fool

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, if he stays as permanent coach, unless he does really well, is going to cause issues for the NFLs argument that minorities are given fair chances. Not saying they need to be hired per se but to argue that there’s a process for earning it, is out here. It is one case. I’m not trying to argue affirmative action, just skipping the line with no NFL experience when that experi argument has excluded many (obviously not just minorities) from the job.
Rules in place say Irsay can hire Saturday w/o interviews because they are in season and the name tag "interim coach" circumvents any hiring process'. However, at years end he has to open the job up to all candidates and meet the Rooney rule before hiring a permanent HC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules in place say Irsay can hire Saturday w/o interviews because they are in season and the name tag "interim coach" circumvents any hiring process'. However, at years end he has to open the job up to all candidates and meet the Rooney rule before hiring a permanent HC.
Good point.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Saturday has a history with the Colts and was considered a very cerebral player. Would anybody be complaining if it were Peyton Manning?

Look, it is not hard to be a head coach if you have good coordinators and position coaches.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Saturday has a history with the Colts and was considered a very cerebral player. Would anybody be complaining if it were Peyton Manning?

Look, it is not hard to be a head coach if you have good coordinators and position coaches.

Also, I think that people would accept a quarterback as head coach more than offensive line. Not that that actually means anything. To take someone that’s not successful like Manning, how about Dan Ovlovsky (sp.?)? I’m not suggesting him, of course, but I wonder if the criticism would be as big for Dan as it would be for Jeff Saturday? Maybe I picked the wrong person because he ran out of the back of the end zone, but otherwise he’s a QB and on ESPN like Saturday.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Andy Reid played QB :noidea:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Irsay hires Saturday, then Saturday turns around and "un benches" Ryan (The benching of Ryan was Irsay's idea) and low and behold they win a game with Ryan as the starting QB. This makes Irsay look even dumber than he already does. Maybe the league should consider removing Irsay with 24 votes because his decision making is absurd!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Irsay hires Saturday, then Saturday turns around and "un benches" Ryan (The benching of Ryan was Irsay's idea) and low and behold they win a game with Ryan as the starting QB. This makes Irsay look even dumber than he already does. Maybe the league should consider removing Irsay with 24 votes because his decision making is absurd!
The shitty part for Indy is of they had just started Foles those 2 weeks there's a at least a better shot they win one of those 2 they lost which would have them in good playoff contention right now

It was always dumb to bench Ryan but if he's hurt why turn to a 6th round QB with no game experience ahead of Foles? Especially when your OL is bad. That's when you need a guy who can make fast reads and get the ball out

It's not like Ehlinger is Lamar Jackson or something

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan 4-3-1 vs wince 2-4
Makes sense. Ryan is the better QB. He always has been.
He is obviously not as fast or accurate as he used to be, but he is what Wentz is not: a leader who shines when the game is on the line.
Wentz is not a leader and falls apart when the game is on the line. In his last 7 games, Wentz collapsed under pressure for 2 different teams. I am not saying wentz is the worst QB ever, but Ryans strengths are wentzs weaknesses.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shitty part for Indy is of they had just started Foles those 2 weeks there's a at least a better shot they win one of those 2 they lost which would have them in good playoff contention right now

It was always dumb to bench Ryan but if he's hurt why turn to a 6th round QB with no game experience ahead of Foles? Especially when your OL is bad. That's when you need a guy who can make fast reads and get the ball out

It's not like Ehlinger is Lamar Jackson or something

If Irsay’s goal is to lose games and does so by benching someone he could win with, not promoting the backup he could win with, and hiring a guy with no NFL coaching experience, then I am a Colts fan for the regular season. Win out, lose in playoffs, and botch the draft. I want every team to want to win, even if it hurts their draft, but I understand everyone does what is in their prerogative. Tanking for Luck, et al. But then, I also don’t want Irsay to then claim he was right about Saturday. This is what makes sports interesting.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Irsay’s goal is to lose games and does so by benching someone he could win with, not promoting the backup he could win with, and hiring a guy with no NFL coaching experience, then I am a Colts fan for the regular season. Win out, lose in playoffs, and botch the draft. I want every team to want to win, even if it hurts their draft, but I understand everyone does what is in their prerogative. Tanking for Luck, et al. But then, I also don’t want Irsay to then claim he was right about Saturday. This is what makes sports interesting.
Honestly the Colts fans were banging the drum really really hard for Ehlinger and the word is Reich refused to make the switch when Irsay wanted him to but gave in when it became clear he would get fired otherwise

Then when it didn't work out he got fired anyways

I don't think it was necessarily about tanking as much as it was Irsay bending the knee to thec fans who pretty clearly don't understand how football works and apparently Saturday just decided to go with the guy who gave them the best shot to win. Probably easier for him to switch back since Irsay and the fans saw how not ready Ehlinger was

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Colts fans were banging the drum really really hard for Ehlinger and the word is Reich refused to make the switch when Irsay wanted him to but gave in when it became clear he would get fired otherwise

Then when it didn't work out he got fired anyways

I don't think it was necessarily about tanking as much as it was Irsay bending the knee to thec fans who pretty clearly don't understand how football works and apparently Saturday just decided to go with the guy who gave them the best shot to win. Probably easier for him to switch back since Irsay and the fans saw how not ready Ehlinger was

OK, then my Colts fandom was very short-lived. I would say that I kind of root for Saturday now that I see him as an underdog. I don’t know who they play. I’ll look that up. They never seemed to matter for the Niners. I know I didn’t like the Colts when they beat Alex Smith when he was with the Chiefs despite the Chiefs scoring 44 points.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, then my Colts fandom was very short-lived. I would say that I kind of root for Saturday now that I see him as an underdog. I don’t know who they play. I’ll look that up. They never seemed to matter for the Niners. I know I didn’t like the Colts when they beat Alex Smith when he was with the Chiefs despite the Chiefs scoring 44 points.
I think Indy plays Philly next week

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jeff Saturday. Irsay is an idiot but I did like him saying what he did about replacing Snyder.