• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting comment by 97.1 Pat Caputo

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During my 2 hour ride home last night in some of the worst driving conditions I can remember….nobody was plowing or salting last night, I heard some comments by Pat Caputo.

To paraphrase….

Junior had a meeting with Lewand and Mayhew and he did not mince words or play nice. Junior told them that it was time to hold people accountable for their efforts and this hire better produce results because they would not get another.

Pat went on comparing the Ford Motor Companies turn around under Mullaly and the lessons Junior has learned has put him in position to be a much better business CEO than he was during the time of the Millen hire.

Caputo even went on to say that he believes their is a light at the end of this tunnel. Produce a winner or a new professional regime would be managing the Lions. He was tired of how the Lions were being ran.

Caputo said he had heard this from multiple sources and it was common knowledge at the Allen Park compound.

And it's about damn time! I give Junior a lot of credit for turning Ford around and saving them from the government handout and bankruptcy. I think if uses that knowledge the Lions can turn it around. Junior has seen what a professional CEO can do, Mullaly, and how having the right guy in charge makes all the difference. Accountability is a good thing.

I have serious doubts that Mayhew is the guy. I believe that Xanders had more to do with last years draft success. But maybe knowing his job is on the line will bring a sense of urgency that we have not seen from him. That he trust the hire of Caldwell because he has no more grace period with Junior. Whatever it is Mayhew your time is about up and their are no more second chances!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. Mayhew/Lewand def on hot seat and Caldwell saying now is the time is proof. I love the pressure they are putting on themselves. It means that they recognize how Barry was wasted and are prepared to do what it takes to make sure that history does not repeat itself with Calvin, Suh and Stafford.

Mayhew/Lewand are on a 1 year contract right now. Should be an exciting season.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell-yeah-o.gif

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much cred does this Caputo have? Living in Iowa don't hear him. Just know you guys on here bitch a lot of what is said on 97.1...

Just wondering if this true, why not clean house after season with all three? Why, if JR. has learned so much, just fire Gym Shorts a week early and get a jump on process. Now I wonder how much input Zanders had last year? Mayhew getting a second chance to right ship clouds my judgement.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much cred does this Caputo have? Living in Iowa don't hear him. Just know you guys on here bitch a lot of what is said on 97.1...

Just wondering if this true, why not clean house after season with all three? Why, if JR. has learned so much, just fire Gym Shorts a week early and get a jump on process. Now I wonder how much input Zanders had last year? Mayhew getting a second chance to right ship clouds my judgement.

Caputo use to be a beat writer for the Lions. He is decent not such an ass hat like Valenti. I am sure he has some contacts in the organization as he is a writer for a local paper not just talk radio

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During my 2 hour ride home last night in some of the worst driving conditions I can remember….nobody was plowing or salting last night, I heard some comments by Pat Caputo.

Thank God I moved out of Michigan, FUCK THE SNOW!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on when Junior had this little talk with the upper management the hire of Caldwell makes a hell of a lot of sense!

If Mayhew knew it was win or look for a new job he could only hire a guy with experience and had the ability to win now and not grow into the job! Zimmer, Gase, Quinn, Gruden, or Romn may make better coaches but in the short term Caldwell has the greater chance of getting this team to the playoffs.

I don't like the philosophy but it makes sense why the Lions didn't look at Assistants after they lost out on Wiz.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't that great here in Indiana either. We just got done dealing with about a foot and half of snow.

Yeah I lived in South Bend for 4 years. Was just as bad there. Tons of snow in the winter and tons of humidity in the summer. At least they have Frankies ribs. Damn I miss that place.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I lived in South Bend for 4 years. Was just as bad there. Tons of snow in the winter and tons of humidity in the summer. At least they have Frankies ribs. Damn I miss that place.

They actually opened up a location in Mishawaka as well. Now I don't have to drive as far for that delicious bbq

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually opened up a location in Mishawaka as well. Now I don't have to drive as far for that delicious bbq

Yeah, I heard that place was pretty classy as well. Way better than that little shack on the west side of the bend.