• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting article on ticket sales

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought four Blue and Gold 3 game packages. It was $175 ($58 for each ticket) for each package but that was for Oklahoma, Baylor, and K-State. I thought it was a helluva deal because of the quality of the opponents. Preseason rankings don't mean crap but each of these teams are ranked in the Top 20. As I was buying my tickets online, there was an option that said "seating preference". I wasn't sure what to put so I just typed in "best available seats" After I completed the online purchase, I expected to know where my seats were but it didn't tell me. So, I called the ticket office and the guy said that the 3 game package seat locations were determined after they had filled the booster and season ticket holder orders. He told me that I could make a request. I told him it was a long shot, but requested lower level 50 yard line, in which he laughed and replied, "Be more realistic" haha. He did say that I had a great chance to score 20 or 30 yd line lower level seats which would be awesome for 58 bucks a pop. I asked him how the sales have been and said pretty slow but they expected it to pick up since they've only been on sale for 1 1/2 weeks.