• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interested in your thoughts on the brawl yesterday

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few of these are actually recent. Nearly all of them had the game stopped to allow a fight. I wonder what an NFL game would look like if you did that? Just saying... You don't think some players would have been squared up with the helmets off on Sunday?

I know that the beard thing is a playoff tradition. It's just one part of a whole culture within hockey that seems forced and has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I have friends who played hockey growing up in Chicago. Good dudes, passionate about the sport. When you're into hockey, you're really into it. I tried to get into the Blackhawks when we were good. Not to pass myself off like I was around the whole time through the dog days (like so many fans did in Chicago... bleck) but just to root for the city's best team. I couldn't do it and could really only follow the playoffs.

Live games are fun enough. I can't do it on TV, though.

Anyway, I didn't mean to knock at your sport... just not my thing. Merry Christmas to ya.
No offense taken. My only point was that I didn't think much of the ordeal. I can't say I disagree with some of your points. The NHL is softer. Not just fighting, but all around. I played hockey till I was close to 30. I actually enjoy watching college football on TV opposed to hockey. Live, I agree, hockey is better, but the regular season is too many games to care.

Merry Christmas! Hopefully no brawls at the family get together. I know my brother has it coming to him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Trubisky slides, gets lit up pretty good right in front of our sideline. Upon further review, it couldn't have been more of an accident and the DB even tried to let up before contact.

Bellamy and Miller go absolutely postal. As does a good portion of our sideline. All hell breaks loose and Bears everywhere are shoving and/or throwing punches. Even our defensive players such as Amukamara are making their way on the field to get into the scuffle. Niners are out numbered and basically just fending for their life while we bark our asses off, shove and throw hands.

Now...

I like seeing fight in a team like that. I like seeing a team stick up for their QB. However, I feel that escalated to a stupid level... and may have been a tad immature, ill advised... etc..

It also cost us TWO wide receivers in the midst of a key drive, trying to close out a close game on the road.

Interested in what everyone thought.

Initial thought?

Well, I know this isn't what you're looking for, but if the Blackhawks had 1/2 the fire the Bears showed here, mayb Crawford's career wouldn't likely be over.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial thought?

Well, I know this isn't what you're looking for, but if the Blackhawks had 1/2 the fire the Bears showed here, mayb Crawford's career wouldn't likely be over.

Chicago black cocks