• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Inconsistent

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A classic example today in st lou, I can't even blame the 3 and outs on our obvious lack of offense, fisher has got us figured out early, this is a complete humiliation.

I didn't have the highest of expectations, but we are a step behind on almost every play, O and D. Not to mention every time we get this officiating crew, lord help us.

We are so up and down, mostly down, and after a long week off we come out flatter than a pancake.

I am embarrassed for these guys, Carr has had a great season as a rookie, but a game like this isn't that shocking, still much love for our young QB, he will go down with guns blazing.

One of those long fucking days for the Raiders.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it on another thread... it's clean house time. Like Big Al would say, "It's not working, babe." First thing: everybody 30 y/o and over immediately cut the first day after game #16...that means you, Woodson (finally) and Schaub (worthless). Second thing: Package players/picks for Johnny Football (like Gruden said)...you brought him in for pre-Draft interview, so you know about him already, and better chance to start for Oakland than Cleveland. Third thing: If Coach Harbaugh is cut loose by SF (trouble across the bay), Davis, get him ASAP. That's all for now.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer's star is fading. JF will soon take the reins for good in Cleveland.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure the NFL ever made that a rule?? But if ESPN etc are saying we might trade for him, then im sure we can.. We traded Gruden for what?? Two first round picks?? And Harbaugh is on that same level of coaching imo.. What draft pick is he worth?? You think the Whiners would trade a TOP coach like him to the HATED rival Oakland Raiders for cheap?? Its a Bay Area thing!! If they fire him?? He's a FA and teams from all levels would line up with opened wallets for him.. Again, what draft pick is he worth??

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure the NFL ever made that a rule?? But if ESPN etc are saying we might trade for him, then im sure we can.. We traded Gruden for what?? Two first round picks?? And Harbaugh is on that same level of coaching imo.. What draft pick is he worth?? You think the Whiners would trade a TOP coach like him to the HATED rival Oakland Raiders for cheap?? Its a Bay Area thing!! If they fire him?? He's a FA and teams from all levels would line up with opened wallets for him.. Again, what draft pick is he worth??

Bucs: NFL nixes draft picks for coaches

That link suggests they changed it in 2003. Think that was after super bowl loss. There's been reports all season of harbaugh being let go after season regardless of how they do in playoffs. Nothing official so who knows. But I think it's a mistake to trade for him "if allowed" if he's going to be let go anyway. I guess there's still competition with ny jets and few other teams. I wouldn't trade anything higher than 3rd round. Raiders 1st round pick is likely a top 5 pick so it's out of question to trade that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya dude, a 3rd is all i would give as well.. Time is running out on Mark to catch the fish he really wants, and we all know who that is.. So as soon as this season is over the Raiders NEED to move quickly!! Hey Chucky yes or no?? NO?? Then trade with the Whiners the day their season is over!! If we can't get Gruden, no way you let JH hit the open market, were we not only have to compete against other teams but the Media as well.. If NY fires Rex?? JH would be their target!! And they have unlimited MONEY with the NY Media backing them!! The Raiders need to move FAST this offseason!! Secure the coach we want, trade the #1 pick, pick up some game changing FAs = Enjoy 2015!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way are they trading him for a 3rd though. He has a better Resume than that of Chucky when he was traded and they got 2 1st round picks out of that deal so again just not seeing how a 3rd gets it done. I could see a 2nd this year and a 1st the year after maybe getting it done considering it is most likely the 1st pick in the 2nd round but there will be a bidding war if the 49ers are serious about letting him go. There are plenty of teams that seem interested so a 3rd will be laughed out of the building. To me the Raiders would be better served to just keep the picks and try to find the best coach that they can. As good as Harbaugh is he wears out his welcome everywhere he goes after just a few years. Not worth the draft picks in my opinion.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough one..still don't think you make a trade when you can potentially sign him in offseason without giving up anything. talent wins more than coaching in my book. put bill parcells and don't think teams winning...brady and some receivers...doesn't matter whos coaching. I don't know much about harbaugh but don't consider him a home run hire with limited info I do have.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im afraid you might be right cd.. The Whiners are looking at that Gruden trade, thinking he is just as good as him.. No way would the Raiders trade that many picks for him.. When the Bucs traded for Chucky, they were a ready made team that could afford to trade those picks.. We can't!! But let's see what happens, ya never know what's going to happen till it happens..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, its true you need players.. But without a teacher, those players will not amount to anything.. Heck see the Whiners.. Without JH they were us.. With JH they are fighting for SBs.. Coaching matters just as much as players do.. Why do you think Mark wants a SuperStar coach?? Cuz he wants to WIN.. Why do you think there will be a bidding war over JH?? If the Whiners are stupid enough to let him go?? Cuz JH can turn teams around.. Players are the car, HCs are the drivers.. You need them both to make it work..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, its true you need players.. But without a teacher, those players will not amount to anything.. Heck see the Whiners.. Without JH they were us.. With JH they are fighting for SBs.. Coaching matters just as much as players do.. Why do you think Mark wants a SuperStar coach?? Cuz he wants to WIN.. Why do you think there will be a bidding war over JH?? If the Whiners are stupid enough to let him go?? Cuz JH can turn teams around.. Players are the car, HCs are the drivers.. You need them both to make it work..

Is it worth giving up some premium players though cause like I said it is going to take at least 2 big time picks when there should be some decent ones on the markets without giving up the picks.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.. I would trade some picks for him.. BUT not out first or second.. Cooper Gordon\Gurley > JH.. Now if we trade our pick, i would trade a second just not our second, but the second we would get from a trade down.. Oh and im sure there is some good coaches out there.. Up and Comers.. The problem with those kind of coaches is the coaches they bring with them.. The up and comer could not get a Rex Ryan as DC or Trestman as OC!! Proven coaches.. And thats why alot of them fail.. Coaches like Chucky, JH, and even Holmgren can get ALL=Star coaching staffs!! Heck you think DA the up and comer could get Del Rio as a DC?? No freakin way.. Fox could cuz he is well respected HC thats been to a SB!! Its not only about the head coach, but the coaches he can bring with him.. That is the reason the up and comer fails most of the time.. And the big reason why i don't want yet another one..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.. I would trade some picks for him.. BUT not out first or second.. Cooper Gordon\Gurley > JH.. Now if we trade our pick, i would trade a second just not our second, but the second we would get from a trade down.. Oh and im sure there is some good coaches out there.. Up and Comers.. The problem with those kind of coaches is the coaches they bring with them.. The up and comer could not get a Rex Ryan as DC or Trestman as OC!! Proven coaches.. And thats why alot of them fail.. Coaches like Chucky, JH, and even Holmgren can get ALL=Star coaching staffs!! Heck you think DA the up and comer could get Del Rio as a DC?? No freakin way.. Fox could cuz he is well respected HC thats been to a SB!! Its not only about the head coach, but the coaches he can bring with him.. That is the reason the up and comer fails most of the time.. And the big reason why i don't want yet another one..

That trade is unrealistic though Idaho. The trade for Harbaugh will have to happen pretty soon after the season ends not when the draft is going on. So you won't have that 2nd round pick you are speaking of. It will have to be the 1st overall pick of the 2nd round.

Also I am not talking about an up and comer. My guess is names like Rex Ryan, Tom Coughlin, and a few others will be on the market. Plus some retired guys with great success. To me they are worth it just to be able to keep the picks.

Plus you have to remember that 1st overall pick is very hard to trade. Hasn't been done in years. I wouldn't be so sure that they can get that trade done.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a big fan of the soap opera that surrounded Chucky, Al and the Raiders, while the media feasted, it was a feeding frenzy that had all the class of a Kardashian wedding party.

I'll bet the media misses Al Davis, he provided more fodder than any other team owner across the spectrum, and they loved to pounce on him every chance they got, Steinbrenner is about the only comparison I can think of.

I honestly don't believe Harbs will land in Oakland, as much as it would bring some real Bay Area cred to the Raiders, it just seems like too much drama, but stranger things have certainly happened, like the astounding trade of Gruden to Tampa, which brought a SB ring to another bay area.

Inevitably, the chemistry didn't work out, and while his departure accelerated the downward spiral of the Oakland Raiders, it also failed to establish a dynasty in Tampa, another franchise with some eccentric ownership being the parallel that really mattered. Al had some serious competition from the Glazer boys.

It's complicated, the chemistry thing, right now our Merlin is Reggie, I sure hope he has his cauldron up to boil as this season winds down, I too believe that we should strike while the iron is hot. Our current vacancy at HC needs to be addressed ASAP, this will be the most important decision Reggie McKenzie can ever make as GM of my beloved Oakland Raiders.

We are the #800 pound gorilla in the room right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right, we can't trade what we don't have yet!! Duh on my part.. Smh at myself.. Anyways.. JH is not my first choice dude.. Chucky is!! Now if for some reason we can't get him?? And Mark targets JH, then go and get him.. JH coached under AL Davis, and Mark knows him very well.. If he's the guy?? Then do what you must to get him.. Oh and Rex would be ok as well.. He might be the best D mind in the game.. He just needs to get away from that NY media and focus on coaching.. One thing with Rex though?? You can kiss your O goodbye!! Our first 4 picks would ALL be on D.. Dream coaching staff.. Chucky HC, Trestman OC, Rex Ryan DC!! Second?? JH HC, snag someone from Chip Kelly's Coaching staff\ Sumlin as OC, Rex Ryan DC.. You want Rex Ryan as a DC were he can just focus on building a NASTY HARD HITTING, Smash everybody in front of you type D!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another factor is team location. harbaugh has been linked to Oakland because of wanting to stay in bay area. and like I said I think he and the front office in san Francisco both know hes out after season. but where will the raiders play. will they be in Oakland next season..most likely. but I think this offseason is the time one of the projected teams is going to announce the agreement to move to los angeles..maybe its the raiders maybe not..maybe san Antonio?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, its between Oakland and LA.. SA never had a chance imo.. Oakland is the place, and if that new Mayor they have keeps her word?? Thats where we will play for a long time.. If not?? Its LA baby!! Hollywood!! And a 2B dollar stadium!! FlaRaider i agree, we must strike quickly!! As soon as the season is over.. We can't waste no time!! Do what we got to do to get our guy.. And move on with our offseason programs.. This offseason can return us back to glory!! But we MUST play our cards right..