• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impact Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The best case scenario is Corgan buying the company and rebranding it imo.

But if the WWE and MeekMahan do buy the company, the general thinking is that it's to add archival footage to the network. They might pickup a handful of talent for roster depth but the company is dead for all intents and purposes. Ignoring backstage politics, who should they pickup and where should they be placed?

- I mentioned the Wolves. I'd either send them straight to SD as a top tier tag team, or to NXT to beat the Revival so they can lose the belts and go to the main roster.
- The Miracle and Maria to Raw. They can form a stable with the club. Gallows and Anderson need a reset after their poor booking since the brand split. Maria is the only talent in wrestling that's worth sitting through 3 hrs of the cesspool that is Raw and the 20 yr old Authority angle
-EC3 as an upper mid card heel on either brand... Similar to the Miz
-Lashley to NXT. Put him in the main event mix so Joe and/or Nakamura can go to the main roster. Eventually callup Lashley when the time is right.
- The Hardys are a given. I'd hold off for a Rumble debut.

I feel like I could keep going but all Reports make it sound like it's a limited number of spots. TNA lacks a centerpiece star but there's a ton of talent

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best case scenario is Corgan buying the company and rebranding it imo.

But if the WWE and MeekMahan do buy the company, the general thinking is that it's to add archival footage to the network. They might pickup a handful of talent for roster depth but the company is dead for all intents and purposes. Ignoring backstage politics, who should they pickup and where should they be placed?

- I mentioned the Wolves. I'd either send them straight to SD as a top tier tag team, or to NXT to beat the Revival so they can lose the belts and go to the main roster.
- The Miracle and Maria to Raw. They can form a stable with the club. Gallows and Anderson need a reset after their poor booking since the brand split. Maria is the only talent in wrestling that's worth sitting through 3 hrs of the cesspool that is Raw and the 20 yr old Authority angle
-EC3 as an upper mid card heel on either brand... Similar to the Miz
-Lashley to NXT. Put him in the main event mix so Joe and/or Nakamura can go to the main roster. Eventually callup Lashley when the time is right.
- The Hardys are a given. I'd hold off for a Rumble debut.

I feel like I could keep going but all Reports make it sound like it's a limited number of spots. TNA lacks a centerpiece star but there's a ton of talent
I agree Corgan is TNA's only hope.

Not sure if WWE would take back any of the wrestlers who used to work for WWE or if any of them would want to go back. Most felt misused and some had other issues (Jeff Hardy) that WWE may not want to take on again. Also, all of the TNA wrestlers really like TNA's reduced schedule, so some may not have any interest in WWE's heavy work schedule and don't have the pull to get a Lesnar like part-time type deal. I don't think WWE would sign the Wolves as they've passed on them before due to Davey Richards' injury issues. WWE picking the scraps to fill up NXT is always a good option.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everything I'm finding online about Wolves first NXT tryout indicates there was a botched move and personality clashes with HHH. Was there an injury issue I'm not finding?

With the 3 rosters the WWE is signing guys like Curtis Hawkins and Shelton Benjamin. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have an interest in some of the former WWE contracted talent with TNA

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I'm finding online about Wolves first NXT tryout indicates there was a botched move and personality clashes with HHH. Was there an injury issue I'm not finding?

With the 3 rosters the WWE is signing guys like Curtis Hawkins and Shelton Benjamin. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have an interest in some of the former WWE contracted talent with TNA
According to PWInsider, WWE passed on the Wolves due in part to what you found online and due to some health concern they had with Davey. I'm sure WWE would have an interest in some of their former talent but whether that feeling is mutual is another story.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Bischoff had a good response to a question asking if TNA talents would be obligated to work for WWE if they bought the company. He said it's not like WCW where they all had exclusive contracts so with TNA if WWE bought them they wouldn't just get the talents they would have to sign new WWE contracts.

But really the only people I can see going would be The Hardy's for obvious reasons and then maybe a few of the women. WWE doesn't want anyone else because if they did they would still be in WWE or signed there before TNA like Moose.

But WWE would just want the video library anyway because that's all they care about they don't care about keeping the TNA brand alive nor should they.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Bischoff had a good response to a question asking if TNA talents would be obligated to work for WWE if they bought the company. He said it's not like WCW where they all had exclusive contracts so with TNA if WWE bought them they wouldn't just get the talents they would have to sign new WWE contracts.

But really the only people I can see going would be The Hardy's for obvious reasons and then maybe a few of the women. WWE doesn't want anyone else because if they did they would still be in WWE or signed there before TNA like Moose.

But WWE would just want the video library anyway because that's all they care about they don't care about keeping the TNA brand alive nor should they.
I could see Vince wanting to sign Moose due to him having the size that Vince loves.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Vince wanting to sign Moose due to him having the size that Vince loves.

WWE was going to sign him but they found out about his domestic violence arrest and passed on him so he went to TNA.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH is going to show up at Bound for Glory, Pedigree the entire roster into submission, then pull the live feed, burying TNA for good.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE was going to sign him but they found out about his domestic violence arrest and passed on him so he went to TNA.
I didn't know that. Doubt WWE changes their mind and signs him now but you never know.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH is going to show up at Bound for Glory, Pedigree the entire roster into submission, then pull the live feed, burying TNA for good.
I bet he pins Lashley clean too so he can be the last TNA World Champ, the bastard.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the attitude "if WWE wanted them they'd be in the WWE" might have been true a couple years but it's a bit outdated now.

The current WWE champion is a former TNA guy who they had no interest in signing as recently as a couple years ago. The 3 most over American wrestlers in NXT are former TNA guys. The TNA stigma has to be gone for the WWE at this point.

They're desperate for roster depth. They signed a 42 yr old Shelton Benjamin 5 or so years past his last WWE run. They signed Curtis Hawkins. They supposedly put out feelers for MVP and Carlito.

Barring deep seeded political reasons they'd be insane not to have an interest in guys like Bobby Lashley or EC3.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the attitude "if WWE wanted them they'd be in the WWE" might have been true a couple years but it's a bit outdated now.

The current WWE champion is a former TNA guy who they had no interest in signing as recently as a couple years ago. The 3 most over American wrestlers in NXT are former TNA guys. The TNA stigma has to be gone for the WWE at this point.

They're desperate for roster depth. They signed a 42 yr old Shelton Benjamin 5 or so years past his last WWE run. They signed Curtis Hawkins. They supposedly put out feelers for MVP and Carlito.

Barring deep seeded political reasons they'd be insane not to have an interest in guys like Bobby Lashley or EC3.

HHH and EC3 are tight. That angle they ran in EVOLVE with EC3 "shooting" on HHH and NXT was one of the best angles run in any fed this year. EC3 will be NXT champion sooner than later.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why or what would've changed that attitude??? It's very true for guys like Drew Gallows and Aron Rex plus to some extent Cody Rhodes. Although in Cody's case it's more if he wants to be in WWE. WWE would have to see past stars as an asset. I'm sure they'll pick the best fits and ignore the rest.

TNA has no stigma in WWE cause WWE doesn't acknowledge TNA exists. Styles is an exception because he was big in Japan after leaving TNA before WWE signed him. The NXT stars you refer to came straight from TNA and look where WWE put them (not on main roster) despite fans calling for them to be promoted.

EC3 and others left with bad tastes in their mouths, so coming back would depend on how bad that taste still is. Lashley still does MMA, if WWE won't let him do both there is no reason for him to sign with WWE.

Bottom line is if TNA folds WWE would hold all the cards and there is no predicting what Vince will or won't do.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why or what would've changed that attitude??? It's very true for guys like Drew Gallows and Aron Rex plus to some extent Cody Rhodes. Although in Cody's case it's more if he wants to be in WWE. WWE would have to see past stars as an asset. I'm sure they'll pick the best fits and ignore the rest.

TNA has no stigma in WWE cause WWE doesn't acknowledge TNA exists. Styles is an exception because he was big in Japan after leaving TNA before WWE signed him. The NXT stars you refer to came straight from TNA and look where WWE put them (not on main roster) despite fans calling for them to be promoted.

EC3 and others left with bad tastes in their mouths, so coming back would depend on how bad that taste still is. Lashley still does MMA, if WWE won't let him do both there is no reason for him to sign with WWE.

Bottom line is if TNA folds WWE would hold all the cards and there is no predicting what Vince will or won't do.

The concept of my original post was who "should" WWE be interested in they purchase TNA or if it folds.
The idea that the WWE won't be interested in TNA guys or former WWE guys isn't true. Guys have left the company or were fired by the company and then came back plenty of times. Shelton Benjamin was released from his contact for example. If the WWE needs them, the price is right and there aren't rare, extenuating political reasons they'll get rehired in a second.
About Samoa Joe being in NXT.. He's not there because WWE doesn't value him. He was immediately made champion, he's a main event draw on sold out arena PPV shows. He has huge value to the company and I'm sure he's being compensated accordingly. As soon as he's replaced by a new main event talent for NXT I have little doubt he's getting called up to the main roster and getting a significant push.
With the 3 rosters and the lack of overall depth it'd be crazy to sign Curt Hawkins or Shelton Benjamin but then have no interest in TNAs top talent.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it all as punishment leaving them in NXT. Bobby Roode does not belong in NXT. Samoa Joe as a part time teacher is a good spot on the other hand. There is talk the Hardys want back in the WWE, they better go to the main roster.

If the WWE buys TNA, its finally making the fact they did exist and were a valid company. The WWE needs to have another WCW to get the most out of the company instead of making their own competition.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept of my original post was who "should" WWE be interested in they purchase TNA or if it folds.
The idea that the WWE won't be interested in TNA guys or former WWE guys isn't true. Guys have left the company or were fired by the company and then came back plenty of times. Shelton Benjamin was released from his contact for example. If the WWE needs them, the price is right and there aren't rare, extenuating political reasons they'll get rehired in a second.
About Samoa Joe being in NXT.. He's not there because WWE doesn't value him. He was immediately made champion, he's a main event draw on sold out arena PPV shows. He has huge value to the company and I'm sure he's being compensated accordingly. As soon as he's replaced by a new main event talent for NXT I have little doubt he's getting called up to the main roster and getting a significant push.
With the 3 rosters and the lack of overall depth it'd be crazy to sign Curt Hawkins or Shelton Benjamin but then have no interest in TNAs top talent.
I think WWE needs to concentrate on building up the guys and gals they already have before they bring in more wrestlers that the use badly or not at all.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the WWE buys TNA, its finally making the fact they did exist and were a valid company. The WWE needs to have another WCW to get the most out of the company instead of making their own competition.

I don't, they just want them for their video library so they can make some AJ Styles and Samoa Joe DVD's. I see it as no different than if one of their big players was in the "Cleveland Indy Wrestling" promotion and they wanted to buy that footage for a DVD.

WWE wouldn't buy TNA right now anyway because they can get it cheaper in bankruptcy court just like they did ECW.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that the WWE won't be interested in TNA guys or former WWE guys isn't true. Guys have left the company or were fired by the company and then came back plenty of times. Shelton Benjamin was released from his contact for example. If the WWE needs them, the price is right and there aren't rare, extenuating political reasons they'll get rehired in a second..

But people like Shelton Benjamin were actually valued in the first place and have been gone long enough to where it makes sense to bring them back because they actually liked them the first time.

People like Ratface Derrick Bateman(EC3) or I got beat up by my wife Tiffany and that's why I lost my push Drew McIntyre(Drew Galloway) had no value to WWE in the first place so they wouldn't care to bring them back. I mean they could if they really needed people but right now I doubt they're hurting enough to bring in people they saw no future in.

You could make a case for Bobby Lashley because they loved him and were pushing him as the next Cena before he got the boo boo face and took his ball and went home because of his wife, he's been gone long enough that they could bring him in for more than just a match or 2 if he gives up MMA.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about who the new owner is today. The more i think it is Vince.

Follow me if you can.

Bound for glory is there Wrestlemania. Vince comes out and somehow costs Lashley the TNA tittle and then reveals himself as a new owner.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about who the new owner is today. The more i think it is Vince.

Follow me if you can.

Bound for glory is there Wrestlemania. Vince comes out and somehow costs Lashley the TNA tittle and then reveals himself as a new owner.

Well they are secretly running this ad:
14444990_10210332431845712_4395661919605765548_o.jpg

It's a joke
/