• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd assume that it's a written rule within the organization. It's the only thing that would make sense. Otherwise I'd agree, way too harsh of a penalty.

If reports that it was consensual are true, it does seem harsh.

If they are truly looking at a full year suspension, then it's safe to assume they also considered firing him.

It would seem that for something that harsh, there would have been some sort of coercion. But reports are that it was consensual.

Like I posted earlier, it's been a strange past few days. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the penalty for her?? Might have a bit a problem here too. Can't suspend the coach and not penalize her equally.

Suspend the coach for a year and what? Suspend the female for a year with zero pay and bennies?

If they don't treat her equally, Udoka will have a potential trillion dollar lawsuit against the Celtics AND the NBA.

Same for her.

Suspend them both 30 days and tell them that any contact will be automatic termination and neither can work for any NBA associated team or company for 10 years.
Actually if he is one of her superiors or has a higher “rank” in the organization, case law treats her as if she is a victim even if it was consensual because of the nature of the two positions. Not sure what will happen to her but if she is fired or has action taken against her she may be able to sue the Celtics.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A full season is very harsh. But also, I don’t give a fuck. Fuck Boston. Fuck the Celtics.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any pearl clutching. It's a pretty unusual situation to see an organization potentially suspend a coach for an entire season. Especially when that coach just took you to the finals.
Read the OP...Cane clutched them pearls HARD

I'm not saying it's not a story, but his tone was gay.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better have been consensual... if it wasn't consensual, Udoka has bigger problems on his hands than merely being suspended or (at worst) fired.

Assuming it was consensual, that's really beside the point as to why this is a big deal. Again, it's because of the threat of legal liability.

It's clear that some people in this thread know little about the corporate world and modern office politics/dynamics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better have been consensual... if it wasn't consensual, Udoka has bigger problems on his hands than merely being suspended or (at worst) fired.

Assuming it was consensual, that's really beside the point as to why this is a big deal. Again, it's because of the threat of legal liability.

It's clear that some people in this thread know little about the corporate world and modern office politics/dynamics.

Which is my aforementioned govt overreach

A consenting man and woman. Done. Govt getting involved is terrible

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Celtics care about the infidelity, it is sleeping with a subordinate. Which is an issue, because with a power dynamic like that the possibility of "consensual" can still be a pressured relationship.

She wasn’t on his coaching staff though

That’s why it’s weird

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is my aforementioned govt overreach

A consenting man and woman. Done. Govt getting involved is terrible
I mostly disagree with your point-of-view... this is less a government thing and more an "America is an extremely litigious society and the threat of individual or group lawsuits is a major concern that businesses simply must take seriously" thing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly disagree with your point-of-view... this is less a government thing and more an "America is an extremely litigious society and the threat of individual or group lawsuits is a major concern that businesses simply must take seriously" thing.
Yep. The only way government has a hand in this realm is if government were to come in and remove a citizen’s right to sue in a case like this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If reports that it was consensual are true, it does seem harsh.

If they are truly looking at a full year suspension, then it's safe to assume they also considered firing him.

It would seem that for something that harsh, there would have been some sort of coercion. But reports are that it was consensual.

Like I posted earlier, it's been a strange past few days. lol

Yeah a yr is ridiculous.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when she no longer wants to be involved and he does ...or vice versa?

Having sex with your underlings is guaranteed to blow up in your face sooner or later and cause problems for your company.

Why the hell do you think there are company rules for this?

Its for people too stupid to see a couple of chess moves ahead before they act.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a yr is ridiculous.
Meh.

I'm a huge Boston fan... I like Udoka as a coach and have supported him from Day 1... and even I understand why serious repercussions are not "ridiculous".

What happened here is 100% against the rules, and Udoka should know that fact better than anybody.

Ime made his bed... I have little sympathy for him.

Overall: this sucks and is a shame. But it's Udoka's fault. Period.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who grants this to even a
Be a claim for anything

That’s my point