• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should really go rewatch the game instead of throwing shit up against a wall to see if it sticks.

I need to rewatch the game? OK. Funny you don't dispute all of the dropped passes.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and florida state played 5 top top 25 teams to get those high ranking numbers, right?
-
those numbers are adjusted. FSU has some serious numbers.
percentage of opponent offensive drives that result in at least one first down or touchdown: .517 #1 in the nation. Auburn: .712 73rd..
Available Yards: FSU .287 #2 (ex. offense gets the ball on the 50 average gain is 14.35 yards). Auburn: .476 (83rd)
Explosive Drives (Drives averaging 10yds+): FSU .048 #1.. Auburn: 16.4 #93.. Basically FSU doesnt give up big plays. Auburn gives them up a lot. By the way, FSU offense is #1 in the country in explosive plays (auburn is 7) that is a bad recipe.
FSU: #4 in turnover magin.. Auburn 60th.
Auburn 88th in turnovers forced. FSU #2..

. FSu played the 62nd hardest schedule for a defense and Auburn played the 11th. You could argue that FSU defense is a bit inflated based on SOS and also the fact their offense has forced teams to be onedimensional vs them. FSU would have worse stats with Auburn's schedule, but they will still be one of the best defenses in the SEC

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU beat Duke by a ton, however those who watched the game could tell that Duke held their own up to about mid second quarter, not just in score, but deciding who was controlling the line of scrimmage. Because FSU has a lot of depth and Duke does not, the shear weight of the over all team took over the game. IMO, Auburn is the best team FSU plays this year and the Auburn players play all 4 quarters, so I don't see this as an easy game and I suspect that Jumbo Fisher sees that as well. I'm looking for extreme hitting until one team is able to dominate the line of scrimmage. From what I've seen, Winston is the key that Auburn might not have an answer. That said, he won't get nearly the time to throw that he had against Duke so he better be on his game. Auburn has been through the wars and they have proven they get it done late. FSU, because they are so good remain untested and that can spell "choke" when things get dicey...note to Ohio State: schedule better opponents so your team can play a 4th quarter against a talented team.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
those numbers are adjusted. FSU has some serious numbers.
percentage of opponent offensive drives that result in at least one first down or touchdown: .517 #1 in the nation. Auburn: .712 73rd..
Available Yards: FSU .287 #2 (ex. offense gets the ball on the 50 average gain is 14.35 yards). Auburn: .476 (83rd)
Explosive Drives (Drives averaging 10yds+): FSU .048 #1.. Auburn: 16.4 #93.. Basically FSU doesnt give up big plays. Auburn gives them up a lot. By the way, FSU offense is #1 in the country in explosive plays (auburn is 7) that is a bad recipe.
FSU: #4 in turnover magin.. Auburn 60th.
Auburn 88th in turnovers forced. FSU #2..

. FSu played the 62nd hardest schedule for a defense and Auburn played the 11th. You could argue that FSU defense is a bit inflated based on SOS and also the fact their offense has forced teams to be onedimensional vs them. FSU would have worse stats with Auburn's schedule, but they will still be one of the best defenses in the SEC

i'm not disputing that they'd have one of the best defenses in the SEC (or country) with a tougher schedule. but auburn just scored 34 and 59 points against 2 of the best defenses in the SEC and rushed for an average of over 400 yards against those 2 teams.

i understand why everyone thinks FSU has been so dominant and should be the heavy favorite. and that's fine. but when you a play a team that is a lot better than what you've faced up to that point, weird things can happen. i bet manti t'eo didn't think he'd look lost against alanama's RBs and O-line, but he did.

i just can't wait till they take the field and play the game. no result will shock me... a blowout either way or close game either way.

i think i'll have a (slightly) better gauge on what to expect after bowl season when we see how the ACC and SEC perform.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to rewatch the game? OK. Funny you don't dispute all of the dropped passes.

how do I dispute ignorance? Take the day to educate you? Dont feel like it. Just go watch the game again.

And whether they were dropped or over thrown miamis wrs were still behind FSUS dbs all game long :noidea: no idea what point you are trying to make now. The U has shitty recievers? Lol. Thanx for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do I dispute ignorance? Take the day to educate you? Dont feel like it. Just go watch the game again.

And whether they were dropped or over thrown miamis wrs were still behind FSUS dbs all game long :noidea: no idea what point you are trying to make now. The U has shitty recievers? Lol. Thanx for the help!

LMAO. You call me ignorant, but you are bragging about FSU's secondary in another thread. So which is it? They are good or they are average? You figure out which side you are on and I will go "educate" myself.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. You call me ignorant, but you are bragging about FSU's secondary in another thread. So which is it? They are good or they are average? You figure out which side you are on and I will go "educate" myself.

:L dude, really? You should reread my post here too (something about them being the best auburn will face, then you pissed yourself) and look up the definition of ignorant. Then, go rewatch the game and we can continue. U drank???

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L dude, really? You should reread my post here too (something about them being the best auburn will face, then you pissed yourself) and look up the definition of ignorant. Then, go rewatch the game and we can continue. U drank???

You said in this thread that they struggle against speedy wrs. Yet they had no problem with Diggs from Maryland or Bryant and Watkins from Clemson. Or Patton from UF. Or the speedy guy from Duke. You are trying to state what you saw in the Miami game as the FSU secondary norm.

Please explain how what you saw in one game means it is the norm when what you saw had not happened in any other game.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna go ahead and reword the post that packed sand in your vag. Try to simplify as mch as possible:

FSUs secondary may be the weakest part of its game, and its still pretty good.
Or
FSUs secondary has issues against fast, disciplined wr corps, but not enough that auburn should be able to capitalize.

Then, there was a dig at sec speed in there somewhere I think.

Then you wanted to discuss the um-fsu game, but really didnt know what you were talking about, so there wasnt much to discuss. Then you started crying that I was insulting you??? And Then you started grasping at straws, and now, I am IGNORANT as to wtf you are talking about any more.

Hopefully the simplifications above will help.

Attachments

• IMG_20131218_023729.jpg
    IMG_20131218_023729.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 79

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What opponent did each team play that is most analogous to who they face in the BCSNCG?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What opponent did each team play that is most analogous to who they face in the BCSNCG?

For fsu, I guess if you coupled BCs rush offense with UFs pass offense and miamis D that be auburn , but with a better defense

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't about AU's defense. They've been shredded of late.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't about AU's defense. They've been shredded of late.

The defense is weird you can't really measure it by stats you have to look at their stops. Time and time again the defense has found a way to get a stop when they needed it. The trend is points are going to happen the goal is to hold here and there then capitalize.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is weird you can't really measure it by stats you have to look at their stops. Time and time again the defense has found a way to get a stop when they needed it. The trend is points are going to happen the goal is to hold here and there then capitalize.

Kind of like SC's teams under PC. We gave up a ton of yardage between the 20s, but kept teams out of the end zone.