• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to the fucking Winter Classic.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I come? I can bring Funions :)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun man, it's truly a great hockey experience regardless of whether or not your team wins. It's more of a celebration of hockey than anything. Had a few drinks with a buddy of mine tonight, he's a huge Red Wing fan who is originally from Detroit. He couldn't see it when the game came to Pittsburgh in 2011, so he was super stoked to see his hometown team hosting it this upcoming season. Winter Classic is one of the few things Bettman did that was good for the game, along with shootouts and getting rid of 2 line passes.

BTW, make sure you bundle up & have plenty of beer and hot chocolate/coffee. Sitting stationary in cold weather can be very cold. Don't take your shirt off so you could hold up a sign that reads "Look Mom No Roof", it's been done before and totally not worth it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this imposter posing as Automattic?

:D

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUTO IS BACK!!! ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Now where's Johnny? (Insert Short Circuit jokes here)...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we'll ever see Postmaster again.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUTO IS BACK!!! ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Now where's Johnny? (Hello Bozo)...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to hear from ya, Auto. Hope we hear from you again before the Classic.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 questions....

1. How long has the NHL been doing this ?...( I only remember it from a few years ago when a friend of mine attended in Chicago at Wrigley Field.
2. Has it been held in each of the original 6 cities....(now that Detroit is hosting it?)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 questions....

1. How long has the NHL been doing this ?...( I only remember it from a few years ago when a friend of mine attended in Chicago at Wrigley Field.
2. Has it been held in each of the original 6 cities....(now that Detroit is hosting it?)

5 years and no...

More info

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooo, I love $25,000 pyramid...

Things people say on the phone

Things at the Hockey Hall of Fame

Things a coach says.

Oh, things that a loser says!!!

DING DING DING!

I don't get the point of this post. Everything I said describes the Winter Classic. Maybe it seems cliche and something Pierre McGuire would say, but it's all true. It's a great experience for anyone in attendance, regardless of the outcome. Saw my Pens lose to the Caps, saw Sid get concussed, got sick from sitting in the rain/cold all night and had the flu for the following week, but I don't regret going one bit.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its fun cause of the atmosphere but its about one of the lamest Winter Classics so far.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its fun cause of the atmosphere but its about one of the lamest Winter Classics so far.

I think the best 2 WC's were the 2008 Winter Classic in Buffalo, where the snow came down & the whole world learned of this young phenom which is Sidney Crosby, and the 2010 WC in Boston where the Bruins were down 1 goal, Denis Leary led the fans in singing "Sweet Carolin" with 10 minutes remaining (Bruins tied it and won in overtime). Other than that, I think the other WC's weren't very interesting games.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Philly Rangers was great. Helped my team one but it was a close game had excitement at the end even a penalty shot. Pitt and Caps kinda interesting because Pitt had knocked off Caps last two years and it was OV vs Crosby then it was raining. It was snowing for Detroit Chicago and just having that in Wrigley made it special.

But I was really referring to the Match up. Detroit Toronto doesnt strike me as much see. Detroit St. Louis would have been better or since they are in the East now Detroit Rangers or Detroit Boston would be a bit more exciting to me. Or they could have done Chicago again.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Philly Rangers was great. Helped my team one but it was a close game had excitement at the end even a penalty shot. Pitt and Caps kinda interesting because Pitt had knocked off Caps last two years and it was OV vs Crosby then it was raining. It was snowing for Detroit Chicago and just having that in Wrigley made it special.

But I was really referring to the Match up. Detroit Toronto doesnt strike me as much see. Detroit St. Louis would have been better or since they are in the East now Detroit Rangers or Detroit Boston would be a bit more exciting to me. Or they could have done Chicago again.

I will reserve judgement on the Leafs & Wings until I see what they do. You might be right, probably could've had a better match up. The WC has sort of lost its appeal IMO. Important thing is that the Leafs & Wings have good WC jerseys, that's what this is all about at the end.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve judgement on the Leafs & Wings until I see what they do. You might be right, probably could've had a better match up. The WC has sort of lost its appeal IMO. Important thing is that the Leafs & Wings have good WC jerseys, that's what this is all about at the end.

I agree when you are putting outdoor games every other week what is the excitement of the winter classic. When you are having an outdoor game in Dodger Stadium the idea has jumped the shark in my opinion.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree when you are putting outdoor games every other week what is the excitement of the winter classic. When you are having an outdoor game in Dodger Stadium the idea has jumped the shark in my opinion.

Yeah, the mystique is gone if you may. I think it's still worth going to but people are going to lose the fascination. Not as intriguing as it used to be. I still love the outdoor games, but my excitement for them is nothing compared to what it was in 2008.