• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm getting old and will drive whatever I want!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I don't know what that is.

I gotta start dropping the kids off to school and my BMW 330i conv. isn't big enough for both of them in the back unless I'm eating the steering wheel. It was a nice, fun car but after only a year it's out.

So far I've looked at:

Ram 1500 with ecodiesel (I won't buy a truck unless it has a common rail diesel)
Lightly used CLS550 Mercedes
GL350 Mercedes with Bluetec diesel - year old 15k miles
cherry Lincoln Navigator - 3 years old, 35k miles for only $25k.
2016 Volvo XC90 is so cheap and such a POS. Used 2014 Volvo XC90 FWD for sale in Florida
2014 Jaguar XJL with only 16k miles. Seems really overpriced at $35k. It's like a Lincoln MKS for twice the price.

Really hoped to wait a year to see the new Grand Wagoneer or the Mercedes pickup. Can't wait doh.

I think I'm just bored with cars. Nothing is interesting or exciting anymore.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I don't know what that is.

I gotta start dropping the kids off to school and my BMW 330i conv. isn't big enough for both of them in the back unless I'm eating the steering wheel. It was a nice, fun car but after only a year it's out.

So far I've looked at:

Really hoped to wait a year to see the new Grand Wagoneer or the Mercedes pickup. Can't wait doh.

I think I'm just bored with cars. Nothing is interesting or exciting anymore.

Ram 1500 with ecodiesel (I won't buy a truck unless it has a common rail diesel) Itsafuckindodge. Don't do it.

Lightly used CLS550 Mercedes. Nice.

GL350 Mercedes with Bluetec diesel - year old 15k miles $$? Nice.

cherry Lincoln Navigator - 3 years old, 35k miles for only $25k. Nice and nice price. AWD?

2016 Volvo XC90 is so cheap and such a POS. If you think it's a POS, stay away.

2014 Jaguar XJL with only 16k miles. Seems really overpriced at $35k. It's like a Lincoln MKS for twice the price. Damn, that price sounds great. MKS is built on the old Volvo S80 platform which was FWD. Jag is completely unique RWD platform.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram 1500 with ecodiesel (I won't buy a truck unless it has a common rail diesel) Itsafuckindodge. Don't do it.

Lightly used CLS550 Mercedes. Nice.

GL350 Mercedes with Bluetec diesel - year old 15k miles $$? Nice.

cherry Lincoln Navigator - 3 years old, 35k miles for only $25k. Nice and nice price. AWD?

2016 Volvo XC90 is so cheap and such a POS. If you think it's a POS, stay away.

2014 Jaguar XJL with only 16k miles. Seems really overpriced at $35k. It's like a Lincoln MKS for twice the price. Damn, that price sounds great. MKS is built on the old Volvo S80 platform which was FWD. Jag is completely unique RWD platform.

I agree with everything. I decided to test drive that Jag XJL and it was awesome. There's so many great, lightly used cars for sale down here right now from all the snowbirds...like a candy store.

The GL350 was $50k...but I figure it won't depreciate more than anything else. They seem to level off in the $30s for a few years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seem to know your shit. Please explain to me why buying used is better than leasing.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seem to know your shit. Please explain to me why buying used is better than leasing.

Well, down here it is. Snowbirds (old farts here for a few months in the winter) buy a new car every 2 or three years after only putting 5k miles per year on their nice car. No salt from no winter roads and grandma driving 20mph means their car is like new. Best of all, the big depreciation in the 1st 2 years is gone and you get a like new car for half price.

Leasing still pays for the big 1st year's depreciation but smooths it out over 3 years payments.

I've gotten something different every couple years for the last 25 years...keeps it interesting. Whatever is popular with the old farts now will be for sale everywhere in 2 years. Now all the old guys like Maserati Quattroportes or that big Audi SUV. So, I'll look forward to one of those for $35k in a couple years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, down here it is. Snowbirds (old farts here for a few months in the winter) buy a new car every 2 or three years after only putting 5k miles per year on their nice car. No salt from no winter roads and grandma driving 20mph means their car is like new. Best of all, the big depreciation in the 1st 2 years is gone and you get a like new car for half price.

Leasing still pays for the big 1st year's depreciation but smooths it out over 3 years payments.

I've gotten something different every couple years for the last 25 years...keeps it interesting. Whatever is popular with the old farts now will be for sale everywhere in 2 years. Now all the old guys like Maserati Quattroportes or that big Audi SUV. So, I'll look forward to one of those for $35k in a couple years.

That's incredibly interesting.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's incredibly interesting.
ipzbi8.jpg

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the prices you've posted, I may need to come down there and do some car shopping.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the ads I got at the bottom of this thread. Hover Rounds or muscrats or whatever they call the old people go carts.

:lou:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're old, you're supposed to drive a big fucking Buick...it's the law.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to buy new North American iron. Then I bought a couple of used ones as well, all Fords.

Never buy a new car again. Even up here.

I got a 2005 AMG S55 for $25K Cdn with only 50K miles on it. The picked up a really low mileage A4 (2001). I'm currently in the process of upgrading the A4 to a 2011 S4.

You get a lot of car for your shekels if it's in good condition and low miles. Cars you could maybe never afford brand new. And certainly more car for your $4 than buying a new NA car.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to buy new North American iron. Then I bought a couple of used ones as well, all Fords.

Never buy a new car again. Even up here.

I got a 2005 AMG S55 for $25K Cdn with only 50K miles on it. The picked up a really low mileage A4 (2001). I'm currently in the process of upgrading the A4 to a 2011 S4.

You get a lot of car for your shekels if it's in good condition and low miles. Cars you could maybe never afford brand new. And certainly more car for your $4 than buying a new NA car.
To each his own. I can understand your enjoyment of driving older european cars, but if the power steering pukes, or the AC system goes kaput you are going to have to shell out some green.
Of course, pre owned are substantially less expensive and there is a reason for that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own. I can understand your enjoyment of driving older european cars, but if the power steering pukes, or the AC system goes kaput you are going to have to shell out some green.
Of course, pre owned are substantially less expensive and there is a reason for that.

As Agent 86 himself used to say, " And loving it....."

Never up, never in.

I can buy an all in warranty that while not as good as one could get if they purchased new is pretty good.

I'm OK with my rationale as I hurtle past Chets in their "XXXX" whatever...

In my 2010 recently acquired Audi S4......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Agent 86 himself used to say, " And loving it....."

Never up, never in.

I can buy an all in warranty that while not as good as one could get if they purchased new is pretty good.

I'm OK with my rationale as I hurtle past Chets in their "XXXX" whatever...

In my 2010 recently acquired Audi S4......
No doubt. The older the car is, the more expensive the warranty is coupled with less component coverage might not be the way to go for some.