• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ike Davis concealed oblique injury in 2013

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Mets first baseman Ike Davis concealed an oblique injury while struggling last season, he told the Post.

Davis told the newspaper he did not reveal the injury to the Mets because he did not want the team to think it was an excuse for being demoted to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Davis had been hitting .161 when the Mets dispatched him to the Pacific Coast League after a June 9 game.

"I thought about saying, 'Hey, I would like to take a couple of weeks off, because I'm not feeling great,' " Davis said. "But then the timing was bad and it was when I was getting sent down. It would have been a great time, but it looks bad and I just can't say that. ... It makes me look like a baby. It looks like I'm whining about how I [stunk]. I was terrible. Now it's over."

Davis' season ultimately ended Aug. 31 in Washington when he severely strained the right oblique while hitting a sacrifice fly. He hit .205 with nine homers and 33 RBIs in 317 at-bats last season.

The Mets attempted to trade him this offseason, but did not get a satisfactory offer.

General manager Sandy Alderson and manager Terry Collins told the Post they were unaware of Davis' season-long injury.

Source: ESPN New York

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't iron this BS out and get on the same page, that means there's a good chance Duda becomes our everyday first baseman ...and I'm in no way looking forward to that inevitable disaster.

Sheeeesh....just when you think all the drama and comedy of errors for the most part are behind us....along comes another friggin headscratcher.....if it's not one thing with this team it's another.

Last edited by a moderator: