• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If your team had a top 7 pick in this years draft, would you trade it for Kyrie?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have a pretty good idea as to which teams will end up with a top 7 pick in this years draft. do you see any of those teams trying to offer that pick for Kyrie?

Whats the lowest numbered pick you'd be willing to give up for him? Do you think the Cavs would trade Kyrie for a top 7 lottery pick?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Right now the seven teams would Mil, Orl, Phily, Sac, Bos, Utah, & LA, with Cle being right there as well. I can't see anyone in the top 6 doing it based on the talent available in the draft. The Lakers are the only possible destination I could see for Irving, but I doubt they would do it.

Mil -Rebuild mode with the likely #1-2 pick doesn't need a soon to be expensive top 10 PG right now.
Orl -Same as Mil.
Phi -Has there young PG in MCW.
Sac -Has a decent PG & could end up with Smart or Exum if they need to upgrade their PG.
Bos -With Rondo on the team & them rebuilding, there is no fit for Irving.
Utah -They have their young PG already.
LAL -Who knows what they will do, but I don't think they trade their pick when they have a shot to tank the season & get in the top 3.

After those teams, the only teams I could see trading a 1st round pick for Irving are Dallas or Toronto. And if Toronto decides they are going to keep Lowry, that just leaves Dallas as a possible destination at anywhere from pick #14-20.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken, but I don't think the Lakers could trade their pick if they wanted to. Doesn't the cba have a clause in it about trading picks in consecutive seasons?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be mistaken, but I don't think the Lakers could trade their pick if they wanted to. Doesn't the cba have a clause in it about trading picks in consecutive seasons?

The Ted Stepien Rule only applies to trading "future" first round picks. The Lakers could trade their "current" 1st round draft pick if they wanted to.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to know that Kyrie is not worthy of a top 10 draft pick is that CLE drafted him and has been grooming him for 3 years.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to know that Kyrie is not worthy of a top 10 draft pick is that CLE drafted him and has been grooming him for 3 years.

On the other hand what current Cavalier other than Kyrie would other teams want on their rosters?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has a glut of good PGs

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as many as you seem to believe. That's as politely as I can put it.
???

CP3, Wall, Westbrook, Parker, Irving, Conley, Rondo, Dragic, Lillard, Holiday, Lowry, Teague, DWill sorta still counts

I'll stop there for now but even having a guy like Collison as a PG isn't a bad place to be. Building around Irving seems like a bad idea given his injury history and the nature of the position

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand what current Cavalier other than Kyrie would other teams want on their rosters?

Like for a top 10 pick? None. If I have to choose a player off of their team?

Deng. But I would act quickly before the CLE disease infests his soul.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have a pretty good idea as to which teams will end up with a top 7 pick in this years draft. do you see any of those teams trying to offer that pick for Kyrie?

Whats the lowest numbered pick you'd be willing to give up for him? Do you think the Cavs would trade Kyrie for a top 7 lottery pick?

No way.
But I feel (and have stated) that the Cavs should try to move him while he is at 'all star' value.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If during the draft, both Smart and Exum are gone, and the Cavs agree to give us a pick in 2015 - then maybe.

That's alot of "ifs" and otherwise, No.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

CP3, Wall, Westbrook, Parker, Irving, Conley, Rondo, Dragic, Lillard, Holiday, Lowry, Teague, DWill sorta still counts

I'll stop there for now but even having a guy like Collison as a PG isn't a bad place to be. Building around Irving seems like a bad idea given his injury history and the nature of the position

Westwood has ALWAYS been better suited to the SG position.

CP3 Lillard and , maybe Dragic, whom I haven't watched much, I'll grant you. The others, aside from Rondo, are iffier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters/Exum/Deng/Thompson/Varejao

eh..

Cavs are a mess so you might as well trade Irving while you can