• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you like High School Football

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Make sure you catch De La Salle and St Thomas Aquinas at 8 eastern tonight on ESPN2.

#2 and #3 teams in the nation.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you catch De La Salle and St Thomas Aquinas at 8 eastern tonight on ESPN2.

#2 and #3 teams in the nation.

Where are they playing? Does ESPN pick up the travel tabs for these teams? Those two teams are about as far apart as you can get.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work at the newspaper tonight, they will probably have the UCF-BYU game on, or maybe a baseball game. I'm sure they will be listening to a local high school football game too. If UCF-BYU turn out to be a blowout (like last night), I might be able to convince the editor to change it to that game if it is close.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, be sure to watch GT's high school offense tomorrow at noon on ESPN

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's crazy enough to rank college teams that don't play each other, but how in the hell do you rank high school teams on the national scale? At least with college teams, you could theoretically watch the games on TV, but how can you get tape of every single high school team to be able to definitively have rankings? I know some high schools to schedule "ranked" teams and travel, but the vast majority of schools can't/don't do that.

Just seems like nothing more than hype and teams get ranked because some scouting service thinks they have a few 4 or 5 stars on the team.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's crazy enough to rank college teams that don't play each other, but how in the hell do you rank high school teams on the national scale? At least with college teams, you could theoretically watch the games on TV, but how can you get tape of every single high school team to be able to definitively have rankings? I know some high schools to schedule "ranked" teams and travel, but the vast majority of schools can't/don't do that.
Because you can eliminate 95% of high school teams pretty quickly.

De La Salle hasn't lost a game in their section (kind of like a conference) for 20 years. So obviously none of the other teams in their section are even worth thinking about.

There are probably a few dozen teams like that around the country that dominate their section/conference, win state championships frequently, etc. Then it's just like watching college teams play.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. The alma mater of Badger running back James White against his future quarterback in De La Salle's Bart Houston. Hopefully, he looks good tonight, because our two best backups might have serious long term injury problems and the other QBs have no business starting for anyone.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. The alma mater of Badger running back James White against his future quarterback in De La Salle's Bart Houston. Hopefully, he looks good tonight, because our two best backups might have serious long term injury problems and the other QBs have no business starting for anyone.

Bingo. That's why I'm rooting for De La Salle in this one. Kid might be our starter next year.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have to check this out.