• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STUDENT ON CAMPUS, READ NOW, VERY IMPORTANT

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good. Good work spreading the word. I hope this gets resolved without any issues.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police find no trace of reported gunman at Virginia Tech - Roanoke.com

Police find no trace of reported gunman at Virginia Tech

The Roanoke Times
The man with a gun on Virginia Tech's campus today was reported by three youths, who said they saw a man outside New Residence Hall East "holding what may have been a handgun," the university said.

The juveniles, attending a camp at the university, reported seeing the 6-foot man at 9:09 a.m. The pistol "was covered by a cloth or covering of some sort," the university said in a statement. The man was "walking fast in the direction of the volleyball courts," the university said.

Virginia Tech police searched the area and found no one fitting the man's description -- a white male wearing a blue and white striped shirt, gray shorts and brown sandals.

Virginia Tech earlier issued an alert about a man seen with a gun near Dietrick Dining Hall.

The alert reads:

Person with a gun reported near Dietrick. Stay Inside. Secure doors. Emergency personnel responding. Call 911 for help.

Virginia Tech sounded an emergency siren. Some buildings are locked down.

The university asked anyone who sees anything to call the police at 231-6411, or 911.

Stay safe and keep an eye out. Hopefully, it was just a misidentification of what appeared to be a gun.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the youths were taking this seriously and did the right thing. Sadly if it was a student they saw he could have easily gone to his building and changed. I'm with you on hoping it was something else.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Area is on lock down right now. I'm away from campus right now, but with situations like this, I'm taking all precautions until it's solved. Anybody else in Blacksburg right now stay indoors and stay safe.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grumblings from people that i know say the busses are back running their routes?

new update says to stay indoors though

stay safe everyone in blacksburg!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
police released a sketch:
sketchx-inset-community.jpg

looks like about 90% of white college age students

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this turned out to all be a false alarm. My friends around town think it was just a kid making the walk of shame back to his dorm with a bottle of liquor hidden with his shirt wrapped around it :party:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even illegal to bring a gun on campus. You will just get expelled/fired if you are a student/staff. Sounds like it was a false alarm though.