• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the playoff committee used the point system

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That West Virginia uses to determine high school seeds for its football playoff, things would look a little different this week.

WV only has 3 classes or divisions if you will AAA,AA, and A, I use these as P5, G5(BYU is a G5 in mine), and FCS.

Wins over AAA(P5) = 12 points
Wins over AA(G5) = 9 points
Wins over A(FCS) = 6 points

You get a bonus point for every win your defeated opponent gets over a AAA(P5) opponent.

I used the "contenders" only at this point, may include some more to see what a more inclusive playoff (meaning 6-8-16 ect.) would look like if I get time. It's just for kicks and comparisons and my math may be wrong so if you catch a mistake tell me
The results:

1.T Georgia (100 points)
2. Clemson (100 points)
3. Wisconsin (98)
4. Notre Dame (95)
5. Ohio State (92)
6. Penn State (91)
7. Alabama (87)
8. TCU (86)
9. T Oklahoma State (85)
10. Miami (85)
11. T Washington (81)
12. VT (81)
13. OU (80)

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's not that bad. A little tweak. Split the P5 into two tiers based on previous years win total. 8 or more for tier 1 and 7 or less tier 2.

The categories would then be T1 P5, T2 P5, and G5. You get nothing for an FCS school. You want to schedule a lower division to make money? Fine, but do it at the peril of your playoff chances.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's not that bad. A little tweak. Split the P5 into two tiers based on previous years win total. 8 or more for tier 1 and 7 or less tier 2.

The categories would then be T1 P5, T2 P5, and G5. You get nothing for an FCS school. You want to schedule a lower division to make money? Fine, but do it at the peril of your playoff chances.

That's kind of what happens now, there are no bonus points to be had from playing a FCS school unless they beat a P5 school (not likely) and you only get 6 rather than 12 or 9 for taking the easy W. You basically give away 3 to 6 points for a win playing a FCS opponent, you are taking a chance playing a G5 but they do beat P5's from time to time, pretty rare for the FCS teams..

I was pretty surprised at OU's score considering that they beat Ohio State but then, they could make a big jump by beating Okie State this week and vice versa.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of what happens now, there are no bonus points to be had from playing a FCS school unless they beat a P5 school (not likely) and you only get 6 rather than 12 or 9 for taking the easy W. You basically give away 3 to 6 points for a win playing a FCS opponent, you are taking a chance playing a G5 but they do beat P5's from time to time, pretty rare for the FCS teams..

I was pretty surprised at OU's score considering that they beat Ohio State but then, they could make a big jump by beating Okie State this week and vice versa.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about OU. Kinda what got me in the line of thinking there should be even larger rewards for beating quality P5 because we all know there are bottom feeders in the P5 conferences that shouldn't be the same points as say an Ohio State or Oklahoma. I guess it does even out a little with the bonus points.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, awwbun can suck a cawk.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall don't want em doin that til last game, Bama needs the bonus points....
Fuck'em, Bama wins out an they're golden. awwbun will be eating ass by that point anyway.

:eyebrows: