• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If The Indication Is True They Are Making The Right Choice

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans indicate they may select Clowney. That sure would make a nice book end to Watt. And in a QB heavy classs they can get a QB later.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#nflforum

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in an enviable position. I almost always favor trading a top 5 pick. In this draft, they can do that and still get a dominant DE and QB who start 2014 Week 1.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in an enviable position. I almost always favor trading a top 5 pick. In this draft, they can do that and still get a dominant DE and QB who start 2014 Week 1.

They could but I think they are gonna pull the trigger on Clowney. Which I think is the best thing for that team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans indicate they may select Clowney. That sure would make a nice book end to Watt. And in a QB heavy classs they can get a QB later.

Can't blame them if they take Clowney, but where is the heavy class?

You have 3 legit #1 picks, and Manziel whose made himself a #1 pick...the drop off is pretty steep after that...Keenum is probably the guy if they pick a DEF player @ 1.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The situation this year is the players at the top of the draft...who is really worth trading up for when you consider the price? Clowney is supposed to be that once every decade guy, but even he has knocks on him...enough to make a GM think twice about the cost to move up.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have 3 legit #1 picks, and Manziel whose made himself a #1 pick...the drop off is pretty steep after that...Keenum is probably the guy if they pick a DEF player @ 1.

MaCarron and MurraY, Mettenberger are all guy they can look at after round 1 as well as Brett Smith

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaCarron and MurraY, Mettenberger are all guy they can look at after round 1 as well as Brett Smith

Oh...okay...agree with you on Mettenberger...get his leg right and he's got the rest of what you want in a pro QB...the other two I saw a lot of them n college...they're most likely backups at this level...Brett Smith idk much about.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I would do and hope Schaub could return to being an above average player.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ugh, Keenum? seriously? i'm not sure the Texans view him as the QB of their future, nor do I think they should. The kid obviously had trouble reading nfl coverages and making decisions. dude took a lot of sacks and didn't make the right reads enough for my taste.

I think the Keenum experiment is over, as it should be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh, Keenum? seriously? i'm not sure the Texans view him as the QB of their future, nor do I think they should. The kid obviously had trouble reading nfl coverages and making decisions. dude took a lot of sacks and didn't make the right reads enough for my taste.

I think the Keenum experiment is over, as it should be.

Preaching to the choir here, but if they leave the top 4 QBs on the board, it makes you wonder. Maybe they will look at a guy like Mettenberger at the top of the 2nd or another direction.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it. They need a QB in a bad way. Schaub got booed after he got hurt. That tells us all we need to know about how the fans feel about him. It was classless, but it happened. Keenum isn't the answer. I don't think there's anyone in free agency that can come in right away & really help them. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they took Johnny Manziel with the 1st overall pick. A kid from Texas who could be very exciting to watch every Sunday. Picking Manziel would sell a lot of tickets in Houston.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wise move.

This is a QB rich draft. Why blow your #1 pick on a QB when you're still going to get a solid one in the second round?

Whatever QB they draft will fit nicely. Think about it. He'll already have the big name WR, RB and defense to back him up.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wise move.

This is a QB rich draft. Why blow your #1 pick on a QB when you're still going to get a solid one in the second round?

Whatever QB they draft will fit nicely. Think about it. He'll already have the big name WR, RB and defense to back him up.

If they take Clowney the Rams are likely to get a similar deal to what they got for RGIII. Some team is going to want to move up badly.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I would do and hope Schaub could return to being an above average player.
with a defense like that, even last years Shaub would likely be enough