• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your book does not matter because the history of FSU in big games completely contradicts your assertion from the get go. Every coach and analyst will tell you that FSU has faired very well in big games since 1992. I guess we can leave it at that because we both know you do not want to take the time to do what I have asked you to do. Actually analyze the teams themselves.

What "big games?" The biggest win they have so far this year was against Clemson, which only looked good because they beat Georgia, who was a pre-season favorite to win the SEC East. Well that Georgia team is now 6-4 and unranked, so that Clemson win isn't so good now is it?

And oh, those bowl games against "ranked" teams you were bragging about, that was a #22 ranked Notre Dame (unranked in final rankings), a #19 South Carolina (#22 final), and #17 West Virginia (#25 final). Hardly murderer's row.

Fact is last time FSU was relevant was about the time Michigan was. And Alabama will do the FSU what they did to Michigan last year. And it's not like I take pleasure in saying that, but this is coming from a guy with no horse in the race. You want FSU to be able to compete with Alabama, I get it. I was the same going into the kickoff game last year. But reality hit be square in the head, as it will you.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU
ivan_drago.gif

Alabama
carl-weathers-apollo-creed.jpg

:ss:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "big games?" The biggest win they have so far this year was against Clemson, which only looked good because they beat Georgia, who was a pre-season favorite to win the SEC East. Well that Georgia team is now 6-4 and unranked, so that Clemson win isn't so good now is it?

And oh, those bowl games against "ranked" teams you were bragging about, that was a #22 ranked Notre Dame (unranked in final rankings), a #19 South Carolina (#22 final), and #17 West Virginia (#25 final). Hardly murderer's row.

Fact is last time FSU was relevant was about the time Michigan was. And Alabama will do the FSU what they did to Michigan last year. And it's not like I take pleasure in saying that, but this is coming from a guy with no horse in the race. You want FSU to be able to compete with Alabama, I get it. I was the same going into the kickoff game last year. But reality hit be square in the head, as it will you.

You brought up "big bowl games". FSU has done that in the past and present. You keep bringing up the ACC and guess what FSU was in the ACC at the times of those other big games. Those 3 bowl games you just listed. Let's go through them.

ND. Had NO starters on the OL. All 3rd string guys and 1 kid that had his redshirt removed by having to play. FSU lost their entire 2 deep on the OL that year. Then EJ Manuel broke his fibula in that game at the beginning of the 2nd half and still led them back.

WVU. FSU was 6-6. We were playing a FRESHMAN QB who had played exactly 1 other time that year. Beat that team pretty badly.

Scar. First year of JF era and FSu was a 10 point underdog. They still won that game.

All you have is your opinion which is NOT based on an analysis of the actual teams. It is based on a misguided idea of conferences. Let me give you a simple history lesson on FSU. What FSU is doing this year is BETTER than ANY other FSU team has done. That is including the 1993 and 1999 NC teams. This particular FSU team is allowing fewer points, scoring more points, and has more TOs than those two teams. Yet in your eyes because they are in the ACC they have no shot.

I have no doubt if FSU and Bama play that it will be very competitive. It will not be anything like ND or your Michigan team last year. For two reasons. The FSU offense is more explosive than BOTH of those teams and the FSU D is faster than either the ND and Michigan teams. When you look up the actual matchups of these teams. FSU plays 22 players on Defense every game. They rotate constantly. Which keeps them fresh. ND and Michigan could not do that. On the Offensive side we play 3 RBs all game. We play 5 WRs all game. We are not a spread or run first offense. FSU is a multi-faceted offense with better skill players around the offensive side than anything Michigan or ND could muster. ND in that game had 2 guys. FSU has 10(including QB and TE) at its disposal. Michigan had 3 players for Alabama to deal with. When you have that many offensive players to key in on it makes it difficult for the opposing team.

Remember your entire argument is based on the conference which has absolutely no bearing on how a individual team will fare in a single game. I just gave you the major differences between your team and ND. And here is the best part. Look at how many coaches at FSU are from the "Saban Line". HC, DC, DE Coach. 1 of them running the same offense that LSU ran with Saban as the HC. The other two were on the Alabama staff just very recently. You think that does not give some insight on what Saban does?

I think that I will conclude this BS debate because your only assertion is to play the conference card when I have shown that to be utter BS. And you are unwilling to actually analyze the teams and diagnose their weaknesses that can be exploited.

P.S. the funniest part is that if you ask BAma fans on here which of the top 5 teams worries them the most. Most if not all will state FSU. So what are they seeing that you are not? They know what conference FSU is in too. Think about that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Bama will beat FSU by 4 TD's? :laugh3:

If you're willing to give me FSU +27.5, I will gladly take that and bet the house.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame, Miami, and Va Tech are all somewhere between 25-30 in the computers. There's basically no difference in any of those teams. Va Tech and Miami are ahead of both Michigan and Nebraska in the computers. Like I've been saying the wins are basically equal. Although Duke has two top 30 wins compared to just one each for Nebraska and Michigan. This is why your opinion is flawed. You put more weight into beating ND and Michigan than the resume suggests.

And being talented doesn't mean jack shit. ND has two first rounders on the D-Line and their defense is average to below average.

The computers can say all they want. Notre Dame has 3 wins over ranked teams (USC, Michigan State, Arizona State). Va Tech and Miami combined have 0. How can you say that either of them are as deserving of being ranked as ND?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The computers can say all they want. Notre Dame has 3 wins over ranked teams (USC, Michigan State, Arizona State). Va Tech and Miami combined have 0. How can you say that either of them are as deserving of being ranked as ND?

Miami's "best" win currently is against a 6-4 Ga Tech team

Va Tech an 8-2 ECU team in the CUSA (they beat ga tech too)

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame, Miami, and Va Tech are all somewhere between 25-30 in the computers. There's basically no difference in any of those teams. Va Tech and Miami are ahead of both Michigan and Nebraska in the computers. Like I've been saying the wins are basically equal. Although Duke has two top 30 wins compared to just one each for Nebraska and Michigan. This is why your opinion is flawed. You put more weight into beating ND and Michigan than the resume suggests.

And being talented doesn't mean jack shit. ND has two first rounders on the D-Line and their defense is average to below average.

You put too much into computer rankings......from watching the teams play VT and Miami currently are even at best with Nebraska and Michigan

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, why do you constantly say things that I NEVER mention? Where did I say Miami and VT deserve to be ranked ahead of ND. NONE of them deserved to be ranked. Based on resume they are all basically the same, give or take a couple spots here and there.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put too much into computer rankings......from watching the teams play VT and Miami currently are even at best with Nebraska and Michigan

That's what I've been saying all along, that they are all basically the same. If they are all basically the same, why can't I say that Duke could beat Nebraska and Michigan, considering they beat Va Tech and Miami? Again, I'm saying they they COULD, not that they WOULD.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, why do you constantly say things that I NEVER mention? Where did I say Miami and VT deserve to be ranked ahead of ND. NONE of them deserved to be ranked. Based on resume they are all basically the same, give or take a couple spots here and there.

What makes you think Miami and VT are on the same level as ND given what each has accomplished?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could I agree

Duke is having a good year, im sure we can all agree a favorable schedule has benefited them though?

Miami is clearly playing dead after getting bulldozed by FSU....losing Duke Johnson and getting ran by Va Tech

Va Tech is average at best this year, their D is not enough to make up for that awful offense....The Duke/VT game was as ugly of offense game as youre gonna see....Duke failed to reach 200 yards and their QB was 7/25 with 4 INTs....Logan Thomas 4 ints were more costly though

Their OOC was NC Central, Memphis, Troy and Navy.....

the 2 losses theyve had arent good ones either....6-4 Ga Tech and 5-5 Pitt

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past 5 years the ACC has produced more NFL talent than anyone, except the SEC. Think about that for a minute...I don't think the Big 10 calling "weak" is fair. They produce good football players, its just that most of them end up in Canada or the Arena Football league.

Next

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past 5 years the ACC has produced more NFL talent than anyone, except the SEC. Think about that for a minute...I don't think the Big 10 calling "weak" is fair. They produce good football players, its just that most of them end up in Canada or the Arena Football league.

Next

Then why does the ACC have by far and away the worst BCS bowl record out of the 6 BCS conferences?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why does the ACC have by far and away the worst BCS bowl record out of the 6 BCS conferences?

I don't know. Then why does Ohio State have 9 BCS appearances to Alabama's 5...think about that. Because, it's about bringing in $$ to the bowl, not Championships.