• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Tennessee loses to Alabam will they drop in the polls?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just saying in general that since Tennessee is in the SEC they could stay in the Top 10 if they get a 2nd loss. :lol:

But they won't. They will likely lose and be around 12-15, with 2 losses against 2 top 6 teams.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the objective is WINS. 5-0. As in no losses. How many of the 128 FBS teams are undefeated?

Nebraska started out unranked. Worked the way up by winning. Tennessee started out in the Top Ten. Plays games close, loses a game, still in the Top Ten. The Top Ten ranked Tennessee has struggled with App State and Ohio. When the team is unranked, you are allowed to struggle with teams, when you are ranked in the Top Ten, you shouldn't be struggling.

Do not worry, Nebraska will be exposed in Columbus for sure. The week before in Madison might not look so hot either. October 15 in Bloomington, Indiana, will be a struggle also. Those are all away games played in different states, not like playing an away game in Bristol, TN.
Western Michigan is undefeated, and they've beaten two of the same teams you have and are nowhere near the top 10. Yeah, we just played @ Georgia and @ A&M...real easy places to play. :L

So what we struggled early on, Ohio State only beat NIU by a TD last season and they turned out alright. The fact is, it's week 7 and we have two wins over top 20 teams, and only loss is @ #6 A&M in double OT. What about Wisconsin? They barely beat Georgia State, lost to worse team than we did, and is still ranked ahead of us. Guess it's that Big 10 bias.

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just saying in general that since Tennessee is in the SEC they could stay in the Top 10 if they get a 2nd loss. :lol:

Folks were just saying in general that's really dumb; if you watch football for a while, you'll know that that is not how it works. :L

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Only a small percentage of male elephant seals ever get to mate -- most spend their lives growing fat while watching the action from a distance. All this goes to show, I think, that we're just TV and some beer from a total brotherhood of nature.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not deserving of a top 10 ranking? Lol.

Gave Va Tech and Florida their only losses. Loses in OT on the road to the #6 team in the country.

Went to over time against Appalachian St. in Tennessee. Won on a hail mary against a down UGA team. Florida hasn't even played anyone yet outside of Tennessee if we're going to mention their 1 loss. Only team they played is Texas A&M and that team shot themselves in the foot on offense so many times.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to over time against Appalachian St. in Tennessee. Won on a hail mary against a down UGA team. Florida hasn't even played anyone yet outside of Tennessee if we're going to mention their 1 loss. Only team they played is Texas A&M and that team shot themselves in the foot on offense so many times.

I'll admit it hasn't looked the prettiest or been the most efficient, but 5 of their 6 games have been against top 50 teams, with three of them against top 25 teams and they have a 5-1 record, with their only loss against the #6 team in the country on the road, in which they turned it over SEVEN times. It's not like Tennessee played well against them. They have two top 20 wins already too. That Va Tech win is only going to look better and better as the year progresses.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it hasn't looked the prettiest or been the most efficient, but 5 of their 6 games have been against top 50 teams, with three of them against top 25 teams and they have a 5-1 record, with their only loss against the #6 team in the country on the road, in which they turned it over SEVEN times. It's not like Tennessee played well against them. They have two top 20 wins already too. That Va Tech win is only going to look better and better as the year progresses.

Style points are big when doing rankings. They've struggled with all of their opponents. They've played a complete game against Va Tech. They played a great 2nd half against what I think is a mediocre UF team at home. They played a great 2nd half against Texas A&M whom shot themselves in the foot multiple times. To not even drop one ranking is SEC bias at its finest. A bias that's built-in because of Bama's success the last several years.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style points are big when doing rankings. They've struggled with all of their opponents. They've played a complete game against Va Tech. They played a great 2nd half against what I think is a mediocre UF team at home. They played a great 2nd half against Texas A&M whom shot themselves in the foot multiple times. To not even drop one ranking is SEC bias at its finest. A bias that's built-in because of Bama's success the last several years.

There are two one loss teams ahead of them in the rankings, who have inferior resumes, although Louisville has looked much better, so I take no issue with that, but has Wisconsin looked better? Probably not when you struggle with a team like Georgia State. When you move somebody down the rankings you have to move somebody up, who do you suggest that's behind them move ahead of them? Baylor? Played nobody. Nebraska? Played nobody. Boise State? Played nobody. Western Michigan? Played nobody.

I always hate the whole, well they're overrated they should move down, but when you actually need teams to move ahead of them, there aren't any better options.

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough - and Gog knows, I gag a bit at the idea of defending the Volunteers. But if you're #9, the implication is that you're *almost* as good - but not quite - as #8. So if your ranking is correct, and you play #8, you should lose - but just barely. 2 overtimes seems to fill that bill perfectly, and it's true irrespective of conference or anything else. The ranking is correct; it should change if #9 beats #8, or if the game is not close, but the game we got is precisely what the ranking would indicate, meaning it was and is accurate.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
668 - Neighbor of the Beast

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings are for fhegs and SEC nutswingers anyway....
Don't fret it, your team now stands a chance to participate in rankings on a semi-regular basis.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fret it, your team now stands a chance to participate in rankings on a semi-regular basis.
I still wish for a real playoff that doesn't involve "rankings"

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wish for a real playoff that doesn't involve "rankings"
Same here. Anyone that does not predict the winners for all football games one week should not be allowed to vote until they do.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classic OD: "blah, blah...gave the game away..."
He has a point - teams that give up unforced turnovers (i.e. dropping the ball, or fumbling snaps) tend to give away games; which is not the same as teams suffering forced turnovers.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a point - teams that give up unforced turnovers (i.e. dropping the ball, or fumbling snaps) tend to give away games; which is not the same as teams suffering forced turnovers.
That's why i hate that announcers, etc. always say "forced" 5 turnovers or whatever. Many times they are unforced errors.

But to OD, if his team lost, it's because they gave it away. Always.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP and his supporters just hate the SEC. As people point out, B1G teams have ended up in top ten this year with much less resumes. Remember the media was also quick to rank Iowa and Michigan State ahead of Tennessee as well. How did that work out?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or stay at #9?

hot damn, I like Rocky Top, I do indeed play it on my radio from time to time, but they are getting annoying. With their lucky wins and the fact they lose a game and don't even drop at all in the polls. C'mon now.

Of course if Alabama loses Tennessee will jump to probably #4 and Alabama will drop to #3. But I am rooting for Alabama in this just to see if the pollster actually drop Tennessee or not. I like ya UT, but you guys aren't deserving of a top 10 ranking.

Eagerly await the Wisky version of this. :pop2:

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 9 places........

Pretty sure they went from 9 to high teens after a win this season so.......

Go VAWLS!!!