• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Oregon and Ohio State played 10 times......

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say OSU wins 7/10 against Oregon. Oregon is a good team and would be able to move the ball eventually.
After watching the sugar bowl a few times I have to say I think OSU would win 10/10 against Alabama. I just didn't see anything from bama that honestly would give them any hope at all. They just didn't have what it took this year to stay with a team that powerful and with that much speed, not to mention heart. Alabama is the kind of team that just doesn't have heart or passion. It's a team based mostly on "hey were here so just give us the W so we go home already, I'm bored" kinda guys.

Anyways thats pretty much my expert breakdown.

Wat

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn state gave us a better game. They've been on probation for awhile and lost a ton of players.
Minnesota was a tougher game. Did anyone else see the stretch in the game where Ohio state outscored bama 36-7?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever win 10/10 match ups between two very good teams. But I think Ohio State would win at least 7 or 8.

It would get easier for the Buckeyes after the first game, not harder. Oregon's style is about deception and speed, which they would get used to. Ohio State's physical advantage, on the other hand, would continue to wear Oregon down with injuries.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9/10 vs Oregon. That was just a mismatch in the trenches. Oregon never stood a chance even with 4 gift turnovers.

6/10 vs Alabama. It was still somewhat of a coin flip game with lots of flukey stuff on both sides.

and 6/10 vs Florida State as bonus. I think Florida State is built a little better to handle Ohio States style versus Oregon style.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would!

The better question involves OSU and Bama! Much better question considering the competitiveness of the games?

OSU gets pick 6 and a throw and catch from a WR to a WR better than most all throw and catches all year. People talk about the running yards against both teams but OSU physically whipped Oregon running the ball. Take away the two big runs of 85 and a 54 against Bama and OSU averaged 3.5 ypc. I think that game is the more interesting one. We only have this one because Oregon played overrated FSU!

FSU moved the ball fine on Oregon, they had over 500 yards of offense. Their problem was turnovers, especially in the 3rd quarter and their defense couldn't stop Oregon's offense. FSU's 3rd quarter offense looked like this: Fumble, TD, Fumble, Fumble, INT. Oregon scored TDs on each of the turnovers. 5 Turnovers will kill you when the teams are evenly matched.

Ohio State had 4 turnovers, but their defense held stout and only allowed 10 points off of those.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St and Alabama would both beat Oregon 10 out of 10 in blowout fashion.

FSU and TCU would probably go 5 of 10 with the Ducks.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous.

We got Alabama's best game, spotted them 14 points early, and then dominated the rest of the game. If we start out the game running instead of throwing, it's a 3 TD win for us.

Oregon was dominated at the line on both sides of the ball, and could only get the ball back when we handed it to them.

I will say this as well, Alabama was better than Oregon imo.

Defense, running the ball, and converting 3rd downs. We must've been 75% on 3rd downs in both games.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how OU wins one... a 7 TO deficit maybe ? That was a flat out beat down spotting them 4 TOs. How do the factors that made that happen change ? Obviously this is a scenario that could never happen but I suppose if it did... and I mean actually play each other 10 weeks in a row, OSU would probably come out flat eventually.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would happen.

Did Ohio State prepare better, have a better game plan?

YES

Did they have better Coaches?

YES

Is their talent level that far ahead of Oregon??

NO

Or am I just crazy.

You're outofyourmind

:suds:

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they beat Oregon at least 8/10 times, probably 7/10 on Bama.

Now, I think they beat TCU 6/10 times.

So, I definitely think they ended up being the best team in the country

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous.

We got Alabama's best game, spotted them 14 points early, and then dominated the rest of the game. If we start out the game running instead of throwing, it's a 3 TD win for us.

Oregon was dominated at the line on both sides of the ball, and could only get the ball back when we handed it to them.

Defense, running the ball, and converting 3rd downs. We must've been 75% on 3rd downs in both games.

Dude, take your homer glasses off for a minute

139 of Elliot's yards came on two plays...both of which had players that should have been able to make the tackle in position to do so. If Ragland and Collins were both not injured on the 85 yard drive who knows what happens. If a healthy Collins stuffs your QB on third down, instead of going off shoulder and letting him pick up the 1st by half a yard, maybe that one play alone swings the game, or at least puts it in OT.

The pass to the end zone for Thomas was good by about the width of an ass hair...maybe you don't make the ensuing field goal

The dropped INT that our DB stepped in front of on the screen pass.

Now, this is not an excuse post for why we lost...quite frankly the game shouldn't have been as close as it was on the scoreboard, but that doesn't change the fact that it was, and with a few extra bounces, who knows. There were plenty of weird plays in both directions, both positive and negative. So pretending you would win 10 out of 10 is a feat that only happens in your imagination.

I would give Ohio St 7-8 out of 10 vs Alabama and 9 out of 10 versus Oregon. Oregon forced only 1 of the 4 turnovers, and I didn't really see them as capable of stopping Elliot, but when things are on for them, they have the capacity to score.

It takes a certain amount of luck to be champs, just enjoy the ones that bounce your way, I know I have.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 out of 10 Ohio State
Buckeyes have never lost to Oregon...ever... as in not at all.

This is silly... Before this we'd never beaten Alabama in the postseason ever... as in not at all...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 out of 10 Ohio State
Buckeyes have never lost to Oregon...ever... as in not at all.

What about 1939?:noidea: Oh I bet you mean in football don't ya?:doh:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous.

sigh... Just be a LITTLE humble is all I ask... we did not "dominate" Alabama... It was a pretty even matchup IMO...

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh... Just be a LITTLE humble is all I ask... we did not "dominate" Alabama... It was a pretty even matchup IMO...

Nothing I said there is over the top. We dominated in almost every category. Aside from giving them the ball inside the 20 2x early on, and their punter, we owned it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, any of the top 6 teams this season could have won it all. Ohio State happened to be the squad that peaked at the perfect time. Lets not pretend the Buckeyes were this dominant force all season long, they were pretty sketchy a number of times this season, particularly on defense.

Still super pumped we won and am extremely excited to see what next season brings. Hopefully, Meyer and Co can keep tOSU a mainstay in the CFP.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. I don't think we all saw the same game. Alabama was dominated.

If this happened or that happened blah blah blah. Where did some of you guys sign up to start sucking on Alabama cock. OSU outscored alabama 36-7 at one point. Dominated. If we had not given up those 2 turnovers there would have been mass suicides in the state of Alabama. Starting to believe Jesus created those turnovers because he didnt want to overwhelmed at the pearly gates while he was watching his favorite team win the sugar bowl. Penn state gave us a better game. If we played again we win by 4 TDs all day everyday.