• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Kovalchuk signs a monster deal with LA...

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can you imagine if Shero went after him and got him. Imagine a first line of
Kovy-Sid-Geno

That line would score at will...

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And get scored on just as much. Which leaves Staal and company to outscore the opposition's other lines.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports are suggesting Kovy is signing a 7 year, $60 million deal with the Devils...Louie Lams does it again.

islander4cups

Franchise dman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Early reports are suggesting Kovy is signing a 7 year, $60 million deal with the Devils...Louie Lams does it again.

could be and that would be much more in line with his value than the Isles 10 mill for 10 yrs.

Almost surprised the Devs would go that high on a player, but these are interesting times

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can you imagine if Shero went after him and got him. Imagine a first line of
Kovy-Sid-Geno

That line would score at will...

their first and only line. they would have to play all game and let the league allow them to just play 3 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 1 goalie on a team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings blogger comment on Kovy and Gagne today

Kovy gone, Gagne gone, Kings playoff chances......?

Gagne is about to enter the final year of his contract at 5.2 million. He's had more than his share of injuries. The are other players Lombardi can go after in the trade market.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne is about to enter the final year of his contract at 5.2 million. He's had more than his share of injuries. The are other players Lombardi can go after in the trade market.

Oh I know, I was being melodramatic. I know that sometimes the best deal you can make is to not make a deal. It just that the last few days have been around these blockbuster deals and so far nothing has been done. The rumors flying around make it sound like whoever gets Kovy will win the cup. We all saw how much he help NJD in the playoffs last year. Don't get me wrong I would like to have him on my team, but it is not the end of the world.

As far as Gagne, he is a one year rental player. That is why I think once the Kings knew that Kovy was out of the question they decided to not go after him.

IT is 7 pm eastern and yet no Kovy signings. Another day of yanking our chains.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Kovalchuk signs with a team for big bucks, then blows out his knee in the first game of the season.

This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

NJDevils_30

600+ Marty!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol that is a good one.

NJDevs... Hamonic and deHaan were Canada's best defensemen in that tourney until a cheap shot caused the shoulder injury. I don't know wtf you were talking about.

The Devs always find guys who fit their system and play well for them. They always find those guys in the draft so I'm not saying they will fall into the bottom of the league in 5 years. But in 5 years, Marty is done. Who will replace him? Who will be the Devs coach in 2 seasons? Lou Lam, while a great gm, isn't exactly warm and fuzzy (not that it matters) but he's been through a ton of coaches lately and that might play on Kovy's mind.

If the Isles get Kovy, we'll have to overpay in both $ and years. If NJ does, they will to, but not as much as we will for sure.

Anyway, it should be decided today. Kovy's agent tweeted that Kovy should have an answer today.:eek:
Same with our arena. THe Town of Hempstead should announce this week their plans for the refurbishing of the arena. In the meantime, your palace known as the Rock is in Murder Central, Newark NJ. Nice.
And claiming that Okposo, Bailey and Tavares are "nothing special"...ok. You lost your credibility now.

How is Kovy going to feel once Marty retires and Kovy still has 5-6 years on his deal?

Sorry buddy, but Hamonic and Dehaan were not Canada's two best defensemen. What tournament did you watch?

Oh, and did you watch Hamonic once he was traded to Brandon? He was brutal. And that's putting it mildly. Windsor made him look like a fool. I watched every game. He was bad.

The devils arena is in "murder central? Hilarious. Ignorant fools like you have nothing to base that on. You run your mouth like Melrose and act like you know what you're talking about. Tell me. How many "murders" have occurred outside the rock? That's right, none. I know, I know, I apologize got injecting facts into this discussion.

In fact, the last murder that occurred outside an arena in the area happens to rhyme with shmadishon, shmare garden. I'll let you connect the dots.