• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If everyone in the top 5 win out, except Bama (lose conference championship)...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for your previous argument, the "just because they make it, they deserve it" one, that's stupid. You and I have argued about this point before. The best team does not always equal the most deserving team. Yes, I believe that if Michigan and Alabama were to play, then Alabama would beat them about 31-3. But that is just based on the eye test, and has no basis in reality. If I look at what the two teams would have actually accomplished, Michigan would be the undisputed winner. And so they'd be more deserving, despite the fact that I'd still think Bama would beat them. And Michigan should get the nod, but I don't think they would.

And I'm not saying they'd be actively manipulating the rankings to get a Clemson-Bama matchup. I could see Notre Dame getting jumped by UGA and falling to four in that scenario. But I think the committee ignores real-world results in favor of the eye test. They think Clemson and Alabama are the two best teams based on the eye tests, because they've completely butchered their opponents. I think even if they slip up, there's a real chance the committee would say "They slipped up, but so has everyone else, and they've looked so dominant," and so would still put them in. And I do think the fact that a lot of the experts want to see this game is in the back of their minds.

Deserving is being in the 4 best teams and PROVING IT.

If Alabama is in the best 4 teams, then they will prove it. And if they are losing games, they aren't proving it. Period. It's not the same team, you can't sit here and pretend like it's the same team, and that's what everyone does and has done all week when making this thread every fucking day.

If Clemson loses, I will not view you as the same team. Because you aren't. You have a weak schedule like Alabama and if you lose, then you have proven not to be among the best. It doesn't matter how many times you've been to the playoffs, it doesn't matter how many times you've played Alabama, it doesn't matter how many people want to see the matchup. None of that shit matters PERIOD.

The ONLY way these things change is in relation to the OTHER teams. Like Ohio St losing 2 games last year, getting blown out in 1 etc. Maybe those things will happen, I don't know. But when you lose, then you lose control of your destiny and then it's up to what other teams do etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, ya know what? He may be right, too.

Both would have a decent claim - I just think Bama might get the edge based on being a consensus #1 throughout the whole season and a, far & away, cut above the rest. I understand the committee takes that into account.

I, honestly, don't see a team beating Bama with what they've shown, so far, this year. I guess you do and that's fine.

I don't know what would happen, I just know the bullshit loser excuses you and others give won't be the reasons for whatever happens.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what would happen, I just know the bullshit loser excuses you and others give won't be the reasons for whatever happens.
Again, I've touted <read: not bad-mouthed> your beloved all year long based on the reality & objectivity of what they put on the field and do to opponents, each & every week.

I make one little snarky comment >>>> TRIGGERED AF. Got it.

Mother of Gawd … I'm such a looooozer. :pout:

Fuggit … I'm not even gonna watch Bama the rest of the year, now, cuz I can't have my own opinion. :laugh:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I've touted <read: not bad-mouthed> your beloved all year long based on the reality & objectivity of what they put on the field and do to opponents, each & every week.

I make one little snarky comment >>>> TRIGGERED AF. Got it.

Mother of Gawd … I'm such a looooozer. :pout:

Fuggit … I'm not even gonna watch Bama the rest of the year, now, cuz I can't have my own opinion. :laugh:

Wow, so much victim in your post.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, guys... don't start some volatile argument because of some dumb shit Corso said...

It would be Clemson, ND, Georgia, Michigan in some order. I think they'd see Michigan and Alabama as a toss up and go with Michigan because of the conference championship.

Alabama is the best team, but they still have to prove it, if they lose a game, even a close one against Georgia, they lower themselves down with everyone else.
Agreed.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean you feigned being a victim?

How trendy. I bet you're super hip!
Pssst … I'm not … on either account. <still laffn>

Soooo … who do ya think is the better team … Tide or Skunkweasels? Try to read my whole post before 'deciding' … k?

I'll understand if'n ya don't wanna, honestly, answer, too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given their schedule it would be hard for the committee to put them in, even if they really still looked the part. Impossible? No, but not likely.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pssst … I'm not … on either account. <still laffn>

Soooo … who do ya think is the better team … Tide or Skunkweasels? Try to read my whole post before 'deciding' … k?

I'll understand if'n ya don't wanna, honestly, answer, too.

It's not about who I think is better, that wasn't the issue. The issue is the reasoning behind it.

And the treating of Alabama as being the same no matter what which is just dumb.

If Alabama loses, then they aren't the same team. I don't know what that's going to look like because right now they look like the best team in the history of college football. If they lose, then all that goes out the window, it's not the team I thought it was and I don't know.

If we lose to Miss St or Auburn, I can see still making the playoffs. If we lose to Georgia, it's way less likely. Either way, if we lose - Alabama is not the same team.

I expect Alabama would beat Michigan 40-3. But if we lose a game, then probably not.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about who I think is better, that wasn't the issue. The issue is the reasoning behind it.

And the treating of Alabama as being the same no matter what which is just dumb.

If Alabama loses, then they aren't the same team. I don't know what that's going to look like because right now they look like the best team in the history of college football. If they lose, then all that goes out the window, it's not the team I thought it was and I don't know.

If we lose to Miss St or Auburn, I can see still making the playoffs. If we lose to Georgia, it's way less likely. Either way, if we lose - Alabama is not the same team.

I expect Alabama would beat Michigan 40-3. But if we lose a game, then probably not.
Try to stay with the scenario (assuming you're onbd with it, since I dunno if ya watched the discussion on Gameday) and just answer my question put forth. The reason being … it was specifically discussed that the committee, evidently, has a "most deserving" vs "better/best team" criteria in their potential factoring.

I don't understand the bold, above. :scratch:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama’s Out in this situation. I thought the committee made it clear last yr. there was a serious discussion between a 2 loss big ten champ and a 1 loss bama team. If the big 10 champ has one loss they will get in

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more interested in what happens if Clemson losses. Oklahoma vs Clemson vs Ohio st/Michigan for 2 spots gets extremely interesting

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama’s Out in this situation. I thought the committee made it clear last yr. there was a serious discussion between a 2 loss big ten champ and a 1 loss bama team. If the big 10 champ has one loss they will get in
From what I gather, the discussion/scenario is stemming from a debate on Gameday, today … who gets in with a one-loss Bama vs one-loss UM, IF Bama loses to UGA in CCG.

Evidently, the committee seems to have a "best/better team" vs "most deserving team" potential factoring. I'd say Bama would get the nudge if it came to that. Especially in light of the two potential opponents having to be faced by each CCG. UGA is, far & above, a better quality opponent than anybody UM would have to face.

I suppose it might come down to how each team plays against their opponent in said CCG, also. Would there be a blowout factor considered? :noidea:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gather, the discussion/scenario is stemming from a debate on Gameday, today … who gets in with a one-loss Bama vs one-loss UM, IF Bama loses to UGA in CCG.

Evidently, the committee seems to have a "best/better team" vs "most deserving team" potential factoring. I'd say Bama would get the nudge if it came to that. Especially in light of the two potential opponents having to be faced by each CCG. UGA is, far & above, a better quality opponent that anybody UM would have to face.

I suppose it might come down to how each team plays against their opponent is said CCG, also. Would there be a blowout factor considered? :noidea:
I don’t listen to espn because they seem to be wrong every yr. if the committee is consistent with last yr Michigan is in.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t listen to espn because they seem to be wrong every yr. if the committee is consistent with last yr Michigan is in.
Well, it was Gameday that put forth the scenario of discussion.

I could see both teams having a relevant argument. UM's only loss would be a #2/3 ND and Bama's would be to a #5 UGA. BUT … UM would have a CCG win against an inferior opponent to UGA.

Again, I think the committee (with this "better team" criteria) may nudge Bama ahead. It's an interesting call when ya look at the eye test. I mean, seriously, who would really think ANY team is better than Bama this year, should they even manage to lose against UGA? Not me.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was Gameday that put forth the scenario of discussion.

I could see both teams having a relevant argument. UM's only loss would be a #2/3 ND and Bama's would be to a #5 UGA. BUT … UM would have a CCG win against an inferior opponent to UGA.

Again, I think the committee (with this "better team" criteria) may nudge Bama ahead. It's an interesting call when ya look at the eye test. I mean, seriously, who would really think ANY team is better than Bama this year, should they even manage to lose against UGA? Not me.
I don’t think anyone is but if they lose to Georgia on a neutral field they obviously not as good as we think. This season is such a clusterfuck because it has lacked the top teams playing a lot of quality opponents. Bama, Clemson, and nd’s schedules have all been relatively soft compared to previous seasons

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to stay with the scenario (assuming you're onbd with it, since I dunno if ya watched the discussion on Gameday) and just answer my question put forth. The reason being … it was specifically discussed that the committee, evidently, has a "most deserving" vs "better/best team" criteria in their potential factoring.

I don't understand the bold, above. :scratch:

I watched the end of it, but they are dumb in general and not to be taken seriously. I do not watch ESPN in general other than the games, I do try to catch gameday just because it's goofy early morning fun before the games, but I'm not up in time to watch it all.

Alabama has already made the conference championship game. They can lose to Auburn or Miss St and still make it to Atlanta, then beat Georgia and make the playoffs. Georgia will then have 2 losses and will be out.

If Alabama wins against Auburn and Miss St, then Georgia and Alabama have even records, but Georgia has the H2H win and that will put Georgia into the playoffs over Alabama.

The only way a second conference team is ever going to make it is if there are multiple other conferences with bad losses. Alabama would stay at home.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alabama wins against Auburn and Miss St, then Georgia and Alabama have even records, but Georgia has the H2H win and that will put Georgia into the playoffs over Alabama.

The only way a second conference team is ever going to make it is if there are multiple other conferences with bad losses. Alabama would stay at home.
Ahhhhh ... hadn't really thought/factored in that scenario. Good point, but the SEC had two in it last year … both UGA/Bama. So, ya think this would auto-launch UM in, cuz … ? I look at a win over an Iowa, Wisky, NW or Purdue as 'unimpressive' vs a loss to UGA. BUT … UM would have that CCG win in a pretty weak ass B1G this year.

Can't remember all the screwiness from last year on how both Bama/UGA got in, but I do remember UGA got in for the CCG win against Bama, no? And, then, they still selected Bama into the CFP - who, ultimately, won the marbles. Was the "Best/better team" a factor in that, maybe?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope a 1 loss Michigan with a far superior resume gets left out in favor of Bama. We will have an 8 team playoff next year if that happens .