• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If everyone in the top 5 win out, except Bama (lose conference championship)...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College GameDay argues final Playoff ranking if Alabama loses

So, if everyone wins out, and UGA beats Bama in tight game in the conference championship game, who gets the 4th playoff spot. That was the argument on GameDay today.

My homer side says Michigan, but my "eye test" tells me that Bama would likely still be considered a better team (if they lose that could be debatable though). Also, I just don't think you can bump a 1 loss Michigan ahead of an undefeated Notre Dame...especially when they have already played and ND won.

Lot's of different opinions from the GameDay crew on this...what's your thoughts?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at that point Michigan would have the better resume than Alabama but Alabama would likely still be considered the "better team". That could change of course depending on how good Michigan looks the last couple weeks and how bad Georgia would've beat Bama, etc. But yeah, I think it would just depend on if they went with better resume or better eye test.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ even the notion the committee would exclude Bama this year. They're the GOAT.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. ND
3. Georgia
4. Bama

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they lose....
The committee will find a way to get a one-loss Bama team in there, if they lose to UGA in CCG. It's the eye test and "best team" vs "deserving team" criteria that'll prolly win out.

It would take a miracle for the committee to exclude what's been the consensus best team all year, let alone the ratings losses, if Bama doesn't get in.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee will find a way to get a one-loss Bama team in there, if they lose to UGA in CCG. It's the eye test and "best team" vs "deserving team" criteria that'll prolly win out.

It would take a miracle for the committee to exclude what's been the consensus best team all year, let alone the ratings losses, if Bama doesn't get in.

This is so dumb.

I hate losers and loser attitudes.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so dumb.

Oh my ... name calling me, now. lolz

Look mang, I don't usually get into these kinda debate scenarios with peeps on here, especially for the reason above. It just turns into a bunch of senseless innuendo slinging & butthurt.

I'm briefly looking at it from the basic standpoint of the scenario on Gameday and the lineup of CCGs. Who would UM have to face to win theirs - NW, Purdue, UW or Iowa? Bama would have to play a true powerhouse & highly ranked UGA. Let that sink in, if it would come down to Bama & UM for the last spot. Then, factor in the Bama ratings effect … if I'm a "loser" then I guess I'll just slink off to the corner and open a bag of paint chips … k?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my ... name calling me, now. lolz

Look mang, I don't usually get into these kinda debate scenarios with peeps on here, especially for the reason above. It just turns into a bunch of senseless innuendo slinging & butthurt.

I'm briefly looking at it from the basic standpoint of the scenario on Gameday and the lineup of CCGs. Who would UM have to face to win theirs - NW, Purdue or Iowa? Bama would have to play a true powerhouse & highly ranked UGA. Let that sink in, if it would come down to Bama & UM for the last spot. Then, factor in the Bama ratings effect … if I'm a "loser" then I guess I'll just slink off to the corner and open a bag of paint chips … k?

You're a loser because you make loser bullshit excuses for things that happen.

"Ratings effect"? That's loser talk and if you don't like being called a loser, then stop with the stupid shit. Not once has Alabama got shit because of "ratings effect" or any of that other bullshit. Hasn't happened in the history of the playoffs for any team, but here you're ignorant ass goes talking about it as if it's a real thing. LOSER EXCUSES.

If Alabama loses, then it's not the same team.
You can't just sit here and give Alabama a loss, but then pretend like it's the same team as if it didn't lose. And as best I can tell, you and others only do it because it makes you feel better to think that no matter what, Alabama will get into the playoffs for superficial bullshit reasons, rather than acknowledge the reality that if Alabama makes it - it will be because they deserve it.

Hell, it's the entire reason you little bitches make up these scenarios DAY AFTER DAY. The reality isn't giving you enough reason to cry about Alabama, so now you fucking make up losses just so you can cry about what a 1 loss Alabama might get. Oh the system is so biased that Alabama can do whatever and still get in, let's bitch about that...meanwhile undefeated.

Loser bitches, deal with it or grow some fucking balls and deal with reality as it is.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so dumb.

He's not wrong. Both Bama and Clemson have really weak schedules this year. If Bama were to lose in the championship (which I absolutely do not see happening), they would have beaten LSU, but lost to UGA, their best opponent. They also would not have won their conference, again. Michigan would have beaten Ohio State, throttled Penn State, won the Big 10 (a very good conference this year), and only lost to Notre Dame in a close game at the beginning of the season. They would absolutely be more deserving than Bama. But I do suspect Bama (and Clemson for that matter) would get the nod were they to lose one game, because everyone thinks they're far and away the best teams in the country, and a lot of people want to see them play again.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was only matter of time until someone made a silly thread about this scenario that won't happen.

ESPN has been talking about this crap all week in order to make drama

Let's put it this way, it's not happening. Alabama is going to destroy Georgia with ease

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong. Both Bama and Clemson have really weak schedules this year. If Bama were to lose in the championship (which I absolutely do not see happening), they would have beaten LSU, but lost to UGA, their best opponent. They also would not have won their conference, again. Michigan would have beaten Ohio State, throttled Penn State, won the Big 10 (a very good conference this year), and only lost to Notre Dame in a close game at the beginning of the season. They would absolutely be more deserving than Bama. But I do suspect Bama (and Clemson for that matter) would get the nod were they to lose one game, because everyone thinks they're far and away the best teams in the country, and a lot of people want to see them play again.

Still dumb.

Not how it works. They also don't manipulate rankings to get certain matchups even though people like to claim that shit as well.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, guys... don't start some volatile argument because of some dumb shit Corso said...

It would be Clemson, ND, Georgia, Michigan in some order. I think they'd see Michigan and Alabama as a toss up and go with Michigan because of the conference championship.

Alabama is the best team, but they still have to prove it, if they lose a game, even a close one against Georgia, they lower themselves down with everyone else.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a loser because you make loser bullshit excuses for things that happen.

"Ratings effect"? That's loser talk and if you don't like being called a loser, then stop with the stupid shit. Not once has Alabama got shit because of "ratings effect" or any of that other bullshit. Hasn't happened in the history of the playoffs for any team, but here you're ignorant ass goes talking about it as if it's a real thing. LOSER EXCUSES.

If Alabama loses, then it's not the same team.
You can't just sit here and give Alabama a loss, but then pretend like it's the same team as if it didn't lose. And as best I can tell, you and others only do it because it makes you feel better to think that no matter what, Alabama will get into the playoffs for superficial bullshit reasons, rather than acknowledge the reality that if Alabama makes it - it will be because they deserve it.

Hell, it's the entire reason you little bitches make up these scenarios DAY AFTER DAY. The reality isn't giving you enough reason to cry about Alabama, so now you fucking make up losses just so you can cry about what a 1 loss Alabama might get. Oh the system is so biased that Alabama can do whatever and still get in, let's bitch about that...meanwhile undefeated.

Loser bitches, deal with it or grow some fucking balls and deal with reality as it is.
lol … my comment was merely some snark, sugar britches … calm down.

In case ya haven't noticed, I've been one of the more steady peeps on here realizing that Bama is, far & away, the cream of the crop this year. Many posts to show for that. They've deserved their ranking and consensus hype talk all year long - that is undeniable - as nearly all of CFB Nation has touted ALL YEAR LONG. If ya can't realize that aspect, then I guess I (and a whole buncha others) are just losers with tudes. I respect your team and I've said nothing other than such - that they deserve to be #1 and I don't see anybody on their level.

Now, continue to be triggered by an innocuous comment that was meant in true fun. I'm wrong … you're right. <<<< That better for ya?

ROLL IRISH! lolz

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, guys... don't start some volatile argument because of some dumb shit Corso said...

It would be Clemson, ND, Georgia, Michigan in some order. I think they'd see Michigan and Alabama as a toss up and go with Michigan because of the conference championship.

Alabama is the best team, but they still have to prove it, if they lose a game, even a close one against Georgia, they lower themselves down with everyone else.

:dingdingding:

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still dumb.

Not how it works. They also don't manipulate rankings to get certain matchups even though people like to claim that shit as well.

So for your previous argument, the "just because they make it, they deserve it" one, that's stupid. You and I have argued about this point before. The best team does not always equal the most deserving team. Yes, I believe that if Michigan and Alabama were to play, then Alabama would beat them about 31-3. But that is just based on the eye test, and has no basis in reality. If I look at what the two teams would have actually accomplished, Michigan would be the undisputed winner. And so they'd be more deserving, despite the fact that I'd still think Bama would beat them. And Michigan should get the nod, but I don't think they would.

And I'm not saying they'd be actively manipulating the rankings to get a Clemson-Bama matchup. I could see Notre Dame getting jumped by UGA and falling to four in that scenario. But I think the committee ignores real-world results in favor of the eye test. They think Clemson and Alabama are the two best teams based on the eye tests, because they've completely butchered their opponents. I think even if they slip up, there's a real chance the committee would say "They slipped up, but so has everyone else, and they've looked so dominant," and so would still put them in. And I do think the fact that a lot of the experts want to see this game is in the back of their minds.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he may not have caught the point I was trying to make with the "most deserving" vs "the best team" criteria the committee, evidently, factors in when delineating btwn two closely matched teams for the spot in the CFP.

The committee would clearly see Bama the best team based on where they've been for the whole season. Losing to a #5 UGA in the CCG (giving them a one loss) isn't gonna matter much, I think, based on who UM would have to face in their CCG - the highest, today, would be a #21 Iowa at the moment.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol … my comment was merely some snark, sugar britches … calm down.

In case ya haven't noticed, I've been one of the more steady peeps on here realizing that Bama is, far & away, the cream of the crop this year. Many posts to show for that. They've deserved their ranking and consensus hype talk all year long - that is undeniable - as nearly all of CFB Nation has touted ALL YEAR LONG. If ya can't realize that aspect, then I guess I (and a whole buncha others) are just losers with tudes. I respect your team and I've said nothing other than such - that they deserve to be #1 and I don't see anybody on their level.

Now, continue to be triggered by an innocuous comment that was meant in true fun. I'm wrong … you're right. <<<< That better for ya?

ROLL IRISH! lolz

Yeah, you're too cool for school and there is no reason behind why you would make the dumb comment...

:rolleyes2:

Alabama has looked like they could be the best team in the history of college football this year. However, if they lose a game, then they are NOT.

But you want to pretend like Alabama would still be seen as the same team and that is nothing more than a superficial way to discredit Alabama and complain about them now, no matter how much you want to bitch ass and say Alabama is so great.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, ya know what? He may be right, too.

Both would have a decent claim - I just think Bama might get the edge based on being a consensus #1 throughout the whole season and a, far & away, cut above the rest. I understand the committee takes that into account.

I, honestly, don't see a team beating Bama with what they've shown, so far, this year. I guess you do and that's fine.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're too cool for school and there is no reason behind why you would make the dumb comment...

:rolleyes2:

Alabama has looked like they could be the best team in the history of college football this year. However, if they lose a game, then they are NOT.

But you want to pretend like Alabama would still be seen as the same team and that is nothing more than a superficial way to discredit Alabama and complain about them now, no matter how much you want to bitch ass and say Alabama is so great.
Who's complaining about your team, sweetie? I'm certainly not.

Why don't you try to belay some of that triggered rage and fully read what I post, instead of what you wanna - it's not befitting of somebody with your upright character.