• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Dana would leave?????

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's going to happen but if he did. Anyone have an objection if Luck hired Ed Orgeron? Not saying SC won't retain him or Dana is leaving (which I hope he doesn't) but just a curious cat wondering here.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could do alot worse imo, but I don't want DH and this staff going anywhere just yet, they are big game huntin on the recruiting trail. Just looked at some of the kids in the mix for the '15 class, just :omg:! No question if we can pull those guys that are getting offers :hope: it will be the highest rated class in school history! Gonna be a battle, but very exciting to be in the mix for some of these top recruits.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's going to happen but if he did. Anyone have an objection if Luck hired Ed Orgeron? Not saying SC won't retain him or Dana is leaving (which I hope he doesn't) but just a curious cat wondering here.

Personally I think we could do better. I haven't even put much thought into him leaving so I don't have any suggestions myself....I am with Goldrusher if you look at some of the recruits we are in contention with the list is pretty impressive.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his record so far, I don't see anyone hiring Holgorsen away to be their head coach, I do not see him taking a HUGE cut in pay to go somewhere else as OC, For any other school to be interested in him, he would have to win consistently for several years. I do not think Orgeron would be at the top of my list, he has had very limited success as a coach, and carries a good amount of personal baggage. IF something would happen after this year, I would like to see a strong push made for Dave Doeren, or Ron Carey, maybe even roll the dice on Petrino.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is stuck with us and we are stuck with him. Nobody is going to be breaking down his door after the past two years and his contract buyout will keep him from being fired.

Now if he happened to be struck by lightning, I like Dads idea of Petrino. Oregon is a west coach guy and Petrino has been recruiting in our back yard.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Petrino is kind of funny choice for WVU fans to say....i mean for the last three years we have heard what a horrible person DH is morally.....now we would welcome with open arms a guy who basically was givng some girl 50 grand a year to hook up with him behind his wife back of course, and could have led to a major lawsuit with the other gifts he had given her (20 G's i think).....:whistle:lol just a interesting choice.

No doubt the man can coach.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Petrino is kind of funny choice for WVU fans to say....i mean for the last three years we have heard what a horrible person DH is morally.....now we would welcome with open arms a guy who basically was givng some girl 50 grand a year to hook up with him behind his wife back of course, and could have led to a major lawsuit with the other gifts he had given her (20 G's i think).....:whistle:lol just a interesting choice.

No doubt the man can coach.

Petrino = Fraudriguez, the only difference is that Petrino got caught. I do not like any of the three, DC, BUT coaching is as ALPHA male job as there is, and a certain amount of womanizing goes with the territory. Petrino can coach circles around Fraud, who can coach circles around Holgorsen.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petrino??:omg:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The relationship between Bobby P and this fanbase would be worth the price of admission. Prob have good teams but O M G the drama....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Womanizing is a part of coaching? Wow.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his record so far, I don't see anyone hiring Holgorsen away to be their head coach, I do not see him taking a HUGE cut in pay to go somewhere else as OC, For any other school to be interested in him, he would have to win consistently for several years. I do not think Orgeron would be at the top of my list, he has had very limited success as a coach, and carries a good amount of personal baggage. IF something would happen after this year, I would like to see a strong push made for Dave Doeren, or Ron Carey, maybe even roll the dice on Petrino.

I don't think it is time for him to go. He is in the same situation Fraud was in scUM. They fired him to quickly, if Childress can live up to expectations and stay healthy or Crest comes in and is good we will be good next year. QB is our biggest problem. With a decent QB we would have 7 wins minimum right now.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is time for him to go. He is in the same situation Fraud was in scUM. They fired him to quickly, if Childress can live up to expectations and stay healthy or Crest comes in and is good we will be good next year. QB is our biggest problem. With a decent QB we would have 7 wins minimum right now.

So even with the loss to a pathetic coached worst team in the Big 12, you believe we should risk another year of this? What do you think will happen to recruiting if we endure another season of leaderless uninspired play on the field? Dana got beat by Charlie Weiss, the worst coach in present history at destroying programs. One more year of this and WVU will be somewhere between the bottom of the pile and Fairmont State in respectability in the recruiting hotbeds of the Big 12. I've given all I can give to support DH. He doesn't not have the ability to lead a team. There has been no growth in 11 games. The players are not performing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the optimism but Childress was healthy in fall camp and couldn't beat out Trickett OR Millard and next year we will be putting Crest (if he were to win the starting job, which is a lot to ask of a HS kid) behind a new OLine. I still say he gets next season but Im afraid his seat is blistering hot heading into '14 and my guess is we are not going to see much improvement on offense...and possibly defense after we lose Shaq and Clarke up front.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we have been Kragenthorped.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Bobby P idea.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mad, you looked the other way for Fraud's womanizing, so what's the difference? You look the other way for surfer dude's shenanigans and call newspaper reporters names because they report it, so again, what's the difference? ANYWAY, Saturday set this program on its heels, no bowl game, no extra practices, out of the news, recruits will start to bail out soon. We fired our last coach because he lost to UConn, who, by the way, won the league that year, but it is AOK to lose to one of the worst teams in football!!!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike, there is a HUGE difference between what Fraud did at UM and what Holgorsen is doing at WVU::::
Fraud at UM: 2008 3-8, 2009 5-7, 2010 7-6 Holgorsen at WVU 2011 10-3, 2012 7-6, 2013 4-8 or 5-7 see the trends?? This is Holgorsen's third year, the team has not improved at all, they are unable to get the kids up to play, the kids make the same mistakes over and over, WVU does not have a QB capable of running Holgorsen's offense, some tried to say that Stewart left the cupboard bare, Bullshit, there was and is talent on the field that is NOT receiving effective coaching. I have said from the start that Holgorsen is NOT a head coach, and stand by that. WVU just lost to a prime example that some great coordinators make shitty head coaches!!!! It SUCKS that Luck extended Holgorsen's contract so WVU can't afford to fire him.........

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, there is a HUGE difference between what Fraud did at UM and what Holgorsen is doing at WVU::::
Fraud at UM: 2008 3-8, 2009 5-7, 2010 7-6 Holgorsen at WVU 2011 10-3, 2012 7-6, 2013 4-8 or 5-7 see the trends?? This is Holgorsen's third year, the team has not improved at all, they are unable to get the kids up to play, the kids make the same mistakes over and over, WVU does not have a QB capable of running Holgorsen's offense, some tried to say that Stewart left the cupboard bare, Bullshit, there was and is talent on the field that is NOT receiving effective coaching. I have said from the start that Holgorsen is NOT a head coach, and stand by that. WVU just lost to a prime example that some great coordinators make shitty head coaches!!!! It SUCKS that Luck extended Holgorsen's contract so WVU can't afford to fire him.........

Yep, if OL wanted to fire him, he cant, we are stuck with him for prob two more years at least much like Kansas is stuck with big Charlie and his buyout. My optimistic side says maybe that's a good thing and that gives him time to learn on the job (which is horrible I know) but that's a hard pill to swallow after seeing some of the things on the field this year and looking ahead at a new OLine next season and the same QB's. I want to believe in Childress but, he got beat out by both the other guys in the fall, hard to get by that in my mind:L.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Holgorsen is the answer, I'm saying it is to early to fire him. He has only had one recruiting class of his own. 2012 the class was pretty much set from his late entry into the position. I would give him 2 more years pending a bowl game next year. No Bowl game next year and then I would say cut ties.

How many here are going to be calling for Hug's head at the end of this year? Last year was terrible, and I don't think this year will be much better. We lost to a very bad VT team with a player that started 30 games suspended. Look at our BB recruiting this past year and what we have so far for next year. I don't see the 4 stars there we had the past few years. I'm just curious how many want him gone? I'm not saying fire Hug's just pointing out there is a double standard.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many here are going to be calling for Hug's head at the end of this year? Last year was terrible, and I don't think this year will be much better. We lost to a very bad VT team with a player that started 30 games suspended. Look at our BB recruiting this past year and what we have so far for next year. I don't see the 4 stars there we had the past few years. I'm just curious how many want him gone? I'm not saying fire Hug's just pointing out there is a double standard.

Ive been staying away from this but.......trainwreck, he gets more rope because he has been a proven winner but the new rules changes didn't do his style any favors either ( the new ones in football DID for Dana btw), Holgs isn't on that shelf with him but Huggs needs to get his act together as well, IMO he isn't above getting fired either... after a few more years.
These two coaches are making Luck look dumber as the years go by :lol:.