• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Dana would leave?????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Briles first year at BU, he went 2-6 in the Big 12. His next season, he went 1-7. After he had his best conference result in 2011 going 6-3, they finished last year 4-5.

His UH teams were up and down as well.

Briles did not enjoy a winning conference record until his 4th season.

Where are you looking for evidence of improved play? Are you looking at single game snapshots? Looking at a trend through the season?

As this season has progressed, we have seen the team improve on offense and special teams. The defense has been especially bitten by the injury bug, so it is difficult to assess their performance.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Briles first year at BU, he went 2-6 in the Big 12. His next season, he went 1-7. After he had his best conference result in 2011 going 6-3, they finished last year 4-5.

His UH teams were up and down as well.

Briles did not enjoy a winning conference record until his 4th season.

Where are you looking for evidence of improved play? Are you looking at single game snapshots? Looking at a trend through the season?

As this season has progressed, we have seen the team improve on offense and special teams. The defense has been especially bitten by the injury bug, so it is difficult to assess their performance.

BB, I look at individual games and at what other teams did against that team as well. I also look at how the team progresses throughout the season, looking at what they are doing without regard to the opponent. Things like the punt and kick return teams are still happening, the play calling on offense is atrocious at times, the execution on offense even when the right play is called is less than stellar. I agree that the defense has been racked by injuries, and is playing OK as a whole after a very much improved start to the season. I have hope for the program, and I hope Holgorsen talks to some of his peers during the off season to get some pointers on being a head coach.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, I look at individual games and at what other teams did against that team as well. I also look at how the team progresses throughout the season, looking at what they are doing without regard to the opponent. Things like the punt and kick return teams are still happening, the play calling on offense is atrocious at times, the execution on offense even when the right play is called is less than stellar. I agree that the defense has been racked by injuries, and is playing OK as a whole after a very much improved start to the season. I have hope for the program, and I hope Holgorsen talks to some of his peers during the off season to get some pointers on being a head coach.

I guess I am not on silent anymore...

I basically do the same thing as you. Not to nitpick... but, it is not a fair assessment to look at what other teams do against a common opponent. So many factors come into play...

1. Home field vs on the road
2. Injuries
3. Style of play... it's all about the match-ups
4. Weather

This season has been beyond frustrating. But, WVU has dealt with so many bizarre injuries and misfortune. Just when Trickett looked like he was making progress, he has a concussion. I don't think he ever fully healed from the injury he suffered in the Okie St game either. Millard is severely limited. And, the WR's don't consistently catch the ball. When is the last time WVU was forced to play 3 different QB's? And, how did that go...

I agree with you about Dana. I hope he continues to look both outwardly to his peers... and inwardly... to continue growing and improving as a coach. I have seen some real change in how he takes responsibility this year. I know he is working with a sports psychologist for the team, and his responses to the press reflect this.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am not on silent anymore...

I basically do the same thing as you. Not to nitpick... but, it is not a fair assessment to look at what other teams do against a common opponent. So many factors come into play...

1. Home field vs on the road
2. Injuries
3. Style of play... it's all about the match-ups
4. Weather

This season has been beyond frustrating. But, WVU has dealt with so many bizarre injuries and misfortune. Just when Trickett looked like he was making progress, he has a concussion. I don't think he ever fully healed from the injury he suffered in the Okie St game either. Millard is severely limited. And, the WR's don't consistently catch the ball. When is the last time WVU was forced to play 3 different QB's? And, how did that go...

I agree with you about Dana. I hope he continues to look both outwardly to his peers... and inwardly... to continue growing and improving as a coach. I have seen some real change in how he takes responsibility this year. I know he is working with a sports psychologist for the team, and his responses to the press reflect this.

I don't know what to make of his post games, he sounds so much like Sonny Randall with his speech. I DO think it is fair to look at common opponents when there is as huge a disparity as there has been this year. I can't help but compare when we beat OSU and lose in a blowout to Baylor, who was in turn blown out by OSU, Or to look at how we played with Texas and OU, who blew out teams we lost to. I realize that each team matches up differently, BUT not 50 points different. I agree that you can not make any conclusions by common foes with 7 point games, but you can with 40 point games. The thing that hacked me off with the QBs was than NONE of the three were even remotely ready for this season with a coach who is known for great QBs!!!!!!!! You are still on silent for now, but I do click on some of your posts when someone else has quoted them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of his post games, he sounds so much like Sonny Randall with his speech. I DO think it is fair to look at common opponents when there is as huge a disparity as there has been this year. I can't help but compare when we beat OSU and lose in a blowout to Baylor, who was in turn blown out by OSU, Or to look at how we played with Texas and OU, who blew out teams we lost to. I realize that each team matches up differently, BUT not 50 points different. I agree that you can not make any conclusions by common foes with 7 point games, but you can with 40 point games. The thing that hacked me off with the QBs was than NONE of the three were even remotely ready for this season with a coach who is known for great QBs!!!!!!!! You are still on silent for now, but I do click on some of your posts when someone else has quoted them.

A ton of casual fans look at the game of football the same way you do.

I don't care if you keep me on silent for eternity. It is just like the thumbs up or thumbs down… I really don't give a shit.

I was surprised the QB's struggled this year. I was naive enough to believe Dana would stick the next one in the system and we'd see production. Geno was the lowest producing QB… until this year… in Dana's system.

It is JMO, but I believe Dana had pegged Ford to be his QB. He was rated a 4-star by 247 sports. I thought Dana put him thru a mental test at the start of year by not starting him in the season opener… to test his leadership abilities and team first approach. Unfortunately, the kid got hurt against Maryland and a season was lost.

Really disappointing production from the QB's this year… that is for sure.