• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wish I could get excited for MNF

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watchin o'dell puttin on a show for the fans in end zone b4 game catchin ball with 1 hand.. hey man, try catching the ball with 2 hands during game on a more consistent basis, i have seen you and cruz drop more then i care to see... grow up both of you, have great talent, shame you can't be mature about it!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL when things switched to ESPN decided to really be a jerk. Look at the games they have given them. Most of them are bottom tier type teams or such mismatches that it just doesn't seem quite worth it to watch. I would put the blame more on that than on who is announcing the game. Now thankfully tonight's game actually looks pretty good but again when you thought about this game at the beginning of the year it probably wasn't a must watch game.

ESPN got the short end of the stick on the matchups and that never use to be the case when ABC carried it....but NBC probably bucked up more.

The one good thing ESPN did was move the time slot up a tad...back in the day when it came on at 9 eastern, I rarely stayed up for the entire game...I still don't often, but if it's a good game I can hang in there and not hit the sack at midnight.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Night Football went to shit when Hank started singing that damn song.

This is how Monday Night Football is supposed to sound:

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been probably 10 years since the last time I actually got excited for a Monday Night Football game, with the exception of Chips first NFL game with the Eagles vs Redskins.

Otherwise why is it this thing has become so boring? I remember when MNF use to be the primetime game of the week and was a cant miss game and I would look forward to it. I remember being sad when games were over on Sunday but had that bit of excitement knowing MNF was still ahead.

Now I find myself forgetting it is even on.

Did the move from ABC to ESPN ruin it? Is John Gruden's voice that boring? Is the 30 man sports expert panel for 5 straight hours before kickoff just too much and creates over exposure?
(with all due respect) You're growing up?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been probably 10 years since the last time I actually got excited for a Monday Night Football game, with the exception of Chips first NFL game with the Eagles vs Redskins.

Otherwise why is it this thing has become so boring? I remember when MNF use to be the primetime game of the week and was a cant miss game and I would look forward to it. I remember being sad when games were over on Sunday but had that bit of excitement knowing MNF was still ahead.

Now I find myself forgetting it is even on.

Did the move from ABC to ESPN ruin it? Is John Gruden's voice that boring? Is the 30 man sports expert panel for 5 straight hours before kickoff just too much and creates over exposure?

Dont be so depressed little fellow. Oregon Duck football will get back to almost winning it all only to let you down at the end of the season again.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this. Gruden is hilarious and usually the best thing about MNF. I do miss Tirico though, he and Gruden had much better chemistry than the guy they have now.

To each his own I guess.

Tirico is a pathetic ESPN hypemeister that is virtually un-listenable due to his fawning admiration of every athlete on the planet. Gruden doubles down on that schtick and gets so carried away claiming that this that or another player is the best ever that I want to slap that fucking midget right upside his head.

I consider the Gruden/Tirico pairing as among the worst in MNF history and I go all the way back to Howard and Dandy Don.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur.

I like Gruden too. At least you know he's not dead.

This guy, Gruden, is the best dead guy announcing football games in the game today. I tell ya, if I could start a team of announcers right now, I would pick this guy because he is a player and nobody does it better than him. :thumb:

:dhd:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the commentators have never been as good since Cossell and Meredith, it's still friggin' NFL football on a Monday night. Get over yourself.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since All my rowdy Friends went away, it's really not worth watching.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the actual official game thread or is an official pregame thread?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to bring back Dennis Miller

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple for me. You used to watch football on Sundays and then look forward to a marquee matchup on the only "national" stage.....Monday Night Football. Now we have football on Thursday night, all day Sunday and Sunday Night Football. By the time you get to Monday, the product is pretty watered down and MNF has has some pretty shitty games of late.

Having said all of that, it's still football, so I always watch!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night football needs to be done away wi
It's simple for me. You used to watch football on Sundays and then look forward to a marquee matchup on the only "national" stage.....Monday Night Football. Now we have football on Thursday night, all day Sunday and Sunday Night Football. By the time you get to Monday, the product is pretty watered down and MNF has has some pretty shitty games of late.

Think you nailed it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With you except for the bolded. Gotta be a good game on for me to bother watching on a Monday. Giants vs the Vikes holds no interest to me .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is a moron.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham quote after the Minny game - "There's never any explanation. It's always my fault. If I sneeze the wrong way it'll be a flag or a fine."

You whiney, triflin, stupid hair-do havin, lil' bitch. The NFL has made you a face of the shield and you trot that woe woe always me bitch-made bullshit out there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN got the short end of the stick on the matchups and that never use to be the case when ABC carried it....but NBC probably bucked up more.

The one good thing ESPN did was move the time slot up a tad...back in the day when it came on at 9 eastern, I rarely stayed up for the entire game...I still don't often, but if it's a good game I can hang in there and not hit the sack at midnight.

I agree the moving it up was great! I live in the Central Time Zone but even there the games were getting way too late to want to stay up especially when you have a 7 a.m. Tuesday class. So moving it up has helped at least for me staying up and watching the entire game. Still like I said the games have not been that great for a while. We don't see the marque match ups like we used to. Every week here we do the "Best Match ups of week..." and rarely do we see the MNF game on that list.

Now if teams continue like they have there are going to be some much better ones as the season progresses. Such as division leaders in the Broncos/Texans week 6, possibly Bills/Seahakws, Bengals/Giants, Texans/Raiders, Packers/Eagles, Ravens/Patriots. Again though depends how the season continues to shape up. Usually week 5 is where we start seeing some teams come back to the pack and others that start to finally wake up. Last year if I remember right the Falcons were on fire to start the season but just stunk after the first 5 weeks. And the Seahawks started out terrible but finished strong. So no telling right now.