• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was thinking last night

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking last night about this.

If I see the negative in a game and voice what I see am I a driveler? Or am I really a fan who feels such a connection to the program that I feel responsible to voice what I see?

Much like "patriotism" antagonists often like to say one is not patriotic if they voice an opinion that is disagreed with.

Well like the country I see many problems with our program that has not changed over five years (now the sixth season) and as a fan I think it would be wrong not to voice my opinion.

Why? Because maybe if it is just one voice than it is a complaining negative nancy who will be ridiculed or at least ignored but if it is true and enough voices complain it is noticed and hopefully heeded to make change.

And even more so as a fan I have a responsibility to make my opinion known if the players are wronged because of it.

What I mean by this is when I coached rec soccer I was good at it with younger kids and was able to teach them not only the fundamental skills but also beginning strategy. When these same kids hit the U14 age I noticed them falling behind the competition and at times completely breaking down in coverage.

Why? These same kids went undefeated two seasons as 10 and 11 year olds and were now losing as 13 year olds.

The reason was me.

I as the coach was unable to take them any further and it was my duty to recognize this and step aside to let someone who could. If not for this important decision these kids would of continued to drop behind, lose games and finally lose interest in the sport.

In the same sense these kids (yes they are kids) at UNL are receiving a disservice. They excel in high school and were good enough to be recruited to a D1 school but in college are falling by the way side because they are not receiving the coaching that enables them to excel.

As a fan I am of the opinion many of these kids deserve better than what they have received the last 5 years. If that makes me a driveler so be it. But I will continue to drivel so ridicule me or ignore me. I don't really give a damn.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta new coach last night?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Huskers didn't play well because you touch yourself at night." is what my parents used to say.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Huskers didn't play well because you touch yourself at night." is what my parents used to say.

Damn!!! Hope you didn't grow up during the Callahan era.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I sure did masturbate a lot.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I got my schtick stuck in my zipper when I was around 12. My mom took me to the doctor and the nurse rubbed something on it. I had a boner while she was doing it and she stopped and said. "There, let's see if that helps. You do understand you have to leave that thing alone for a few days, right?"

:L one of those memories will stay with me til my death.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year will expose coaching more than any other thing regardless of whether the talent is there. They already backed themselves into a corner as coaches. Couldn't resist telling everyone how deep and talented we are.

It's on the coaches. No more excuses.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far coach kaz, els, and papoopy get a D- grade this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year will expose coaching more than any other thing regardless of whether the talent is there. They already backed themselves into a corner as coaches. Couldn't resist telling everyone how deep and talented we are.

It's on the coaches. No more excuses.

Exactly. It's no longer about "blackshirts". They are just a symbolic tradition.

This is about coaching and Bo can no longer blame players and blackshirts.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait to condemn the coaches, I watched the game after I got home and was up till 3am viewing it. This defense is about what I expected, given the youth on the field. At one point, I saw Bo coaching Nathan Gerry on the sideline ~ not screaming ~ coaching. This year will be about the coaching staff and them teaching the youngsters on the fly. IMO, Wyoming ran Missouri's offense (on steroids) with a mobile QB and then they mixed in the UCLA motion offense. I actually thought the freshmen & RS freshmen play well, and our veteran DB's play so-so, but it was a track meet out there all night. I will wait until the third game of the year b4 I pass judgment on this D. I have watched enough sports (& coached) to know that teams get better when they play together longer as one unit. This isn't a situation where a group of the same players play together for years on end, it is new comers joining the mix with vets. So yes this is about what I expected with the youth on the field.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means rooting against them. I want everything to go right for 'em. You just wonder about them having what it takes to coach this program. I don't see it right now. You can't honestly say Pelini's clock isn't ticking right now. It's up to him.

I'm not saying fire him, I'm saying get it done or get the fuck out.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully prepared to turn on pelini if things go south and he doesn't start firing people.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pap, els, cotton. They're all terrible.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait to condemn the coaches, I watched the game after I got home and was up till 3am viewing it. This defense is about what I expected, given the youth on the field. At one point, I saw Bo coaching Nathan Gerry on the sideline ~ not screaming ~ coaching. This year will be about the coaching staff and them teaching the youngsters on the fly. IMO, Wyoming ran Missouri's offense (on steroids) with a mobile QB and then they mixed in the UCLA motion offense. I actually thought the freshmen & RS freshmen play well, and our veteran DB's play so-so, but it was a track meet out there all night. I will wait until the third game of the year b4 I pass judgment on this D. I have watched enough sports (& coached) to know that teams get better when they play together longer as one unit. This isn't a situation where a group of the same players play together for years on end, it is new comers joining the mix with vets. So yes this is about what I expected with the youth on the field.

ALL college teams have newcomers every year. You have elites, second tier, third tier teams etc..

Those tiers are generally consistent and established by coaching quality. This is a third tier staff.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That NEBRASKA couldn't pick up a 3rd and 1 late in the 4th Q against a non-AQ should tell you all you need to know.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was fuckin sad.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for The NFL to start up. Say it every year.. They care more these days. They work harder, they're more talented, and u know what ur getting.