• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was hesistant to call Rainey a Heisman candidate until he played an SEC Defense

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And while Tenn doesn't have the best defense we'll face, he proved that he is indeed a legit contender.

He's on pace to have (through 12 games)

192 carries
1224 rushing yards
8 rushing tds

44 catches
856 receiving yards
8 receiving tds

Last year LaMichael James had 1939 total yards (receiving and rushing)
Rainey is on pace to have 2080, in the SEC as well.

Now, let me clarify, there's no telling if he'll keep that up, but it's pretty encouraging so far. The most amazing part of this to me, is he has still yet to break a really big run. His longest run this year is only 24 yards, and as we know, that's pretty low for a Rainey/Demps run.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while Tenn doesn't have the best defense we'll face, he proved that he is indeed a legit contender.

He's on pace to have (through 12 games)

192 carries
1224 rushing yards
8 rushing tds

44 catches
856 receiving yards
8 receiving tds

Last year LaMichael James had 1939 total yards (receiving and rushing)
Rainey is on pace to have 2080, in the SEC as well.

Now, let me clarify, there's no telling if he'll keep that up, but it's pretty encouraging so far. The most amazing part of this to me, is he has still yet to break a really big run. His longest run this year is only 24 yards, and as we know, that's pretty low for a Rainey/Demps run.

Don't forget, he's probably on pace to block 10 punts this year. If he seriously blocked another 4 or 5 punts, then had the MVP type of season in all-purpose yards at the end of the year, how could he not be considered top 3?

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He played phenomenal against us. Your O/D-line was raping us all game too so they are helping him a ton. The D-line had like what 7+ sacks it seemed like and ya'll were running on us the entire game it seemed like even with 8 in the box