• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought this was funny

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what is going on. This stems from months ago.

Dean I've been here a long time and know exactly what's going on. I'd give you a cookie if I thought it would help.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dad is arguing that there was no evidence that he couldn't play it and that was what I was addressing. Clearly that evidence exists, that was my point.
well there isnt any evidence . just some pundits who say he couldnt

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster, Kelly was a strong possibility for us a #21. I do not know how you compare the 5th pick to the #21 pick. Plus here is another point I was ragged on by saying its too high to pick a center in the 1st round or people believed that there was not a 1st round center in this draft. Guess what the Colts did it at #18. Im not saying the same point over and over. Just proving out my opinions.

You also contradict your own points but once again it seems being right is uppermost in your mind. As your friend DGF says this is a forum. Everyone here has the right to agree or disagree with any point. My impression is if someone doesn't agree with you that than you feel the need to prove yourself right. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. I just do not understand why you rehash the same points over and over and over and over again. :noidea:

As I have said many times I am interested in the end product. I have been right about some guys and wrong about others.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is it written that if an opinion is given. You can't disagree with it ? Because that is what is going on here

Dean whined that we didn't take Moses in round 2 . We took Murphy and we still got Moses . To me that is. Win to get 2nd round value in round 3 but dean didn't see it that way . He turned it into a murphy hate fest and no matter what he did it isn't good enough.

Now let's turn to sherf , I don't care what so called experts say because they are wrong a lot in sports . To me the kid played Lt in college as well as Lg so moving to RT isnt a stretch and we have the best o/ line coach in the game to coach him. What happened , to me , is Moses , who wasn't even known to be healthy , came in ahead of schedule and better then was thought and the staff decided to plug him in . If he hadn't been heathy. And had improved , who knows what sherf would have been at RT ? To say he had no future here a RT after 8 weeks is a rush to judgement and the pushing of a message board agenda in the worst case scenario.

Almost everyone on this board thought I was high as a Georgia pine when I said sherf was a top 5 pick . We went through " no guard has ever been drafted that high " debate. And the pundits are all knowing soothsayers who are never wrong debate and how a dr is an expert and can be questioned debate ( Side note this year 115000 deaths have occurred by medical error as of June ) and yet I never said I was being picked on because of my viewpoints so I am not inclined to have a pity party now .

This is a message board , I put out opinions all the time some people agree , more often they don't now dean started this thread and people are reacting to it becAuse why start a thread on Williams if you aren't 2nd guessing the pick ? He s a jet not a skin so deal with who is on the team rather then who is not. And stand in and take the fire if you want to go down this road for the 9 millionth time

We took freaking Scherf. A freaking 1000 years from now and we will still have taken Scherf and he is on the cusp of being an pro bowl/ all pro guard for about a decade . Whyvarecwe not happy with that ? Instead we bemoan the loss of a 3 sack Murphy production guy

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... have to agree with others. You seem to want everyone to say you are right. That just isn't going to happen for you or anyone else on the board.

Why not? After months of often heated debate I came on the day after the draft to give Dad props for being right on the Scherff pick. I also gave Shark and others their due when it became obvious that he was right and I was wrong about Griffin, did the same thing when Cousins turned out better than I predicted. It's not that hard. Saying nobody would or should get credit for being right is really kind of stupid. So either I am a far superior human being who is just short of Pope status or the rest of you are simply being stubborn. You are allowed to attack when Dean appeared to be wrong but he's not able to respond when it turns out he may have been right?

Yep you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is it written that if an opinion is given. You can't disagree with it ? Because that is what is going on here

Dean whined that we didn't take Moses in round 2 . We took Murphy and we still got Moses . To me that is. Win to get 2nd round value in round 3 but dean didn't see it that way . He turned it into a murphy hate fest and no matter what he did it isn't good enough.

Now let's turn to sherf , I don't care what so called experts say because they are wrong a lot in sports . To me the kid played Lt in college as well as Lg so moving to RT isnt a stretch and we have the best o/ line coach in the game to coach him. What happened , to me , is Moses , who wasn't even known to be healthy , came in ahead of schedule and better then was thought and the staff decided to plug him in . If he hadn't been heathy. And had improved , who knows what sherf would have been at RT ? To say he had no future here a RT after 8 weeks is a rush to judgement and the pushing of a message board agenda in the worst case scenario.

Almost everyone on this board thought I was high as a Georgia pine when I said sherf was a top 5 pick . We went through " no guard has ever been drafted that high " debate. And the pundits are all knowing soothsayers who are never wrong debate and how a dr is an expert and can be questioned debate ( Side note this year 115000 deaths have occurred by medical error as of June ) and yet I never said I was being picked on because of my viewpoints so I am not inclined to have a pity party now .

This is a message board , I put out opinions all the time some people agree , more often they don't now dean started this thread and people are reacting to it becAuse why start a thread on Williams if you aren't 2nd guessing the pick ? He s a jet not a skin so deal with who is on the team rather then who is not. And stand in and take the fire if you want to go down this road for the 9 millionth time

We took freaking Scherf. A freaking 1000 years from now and we will still have taken Scherf and he is on the cusp of being an pro bowl/ all pro guard for about a decade . Whyvarecwe not happy with that ? Instead we bemoan the loss of a 3 sack Murphy production guy

Don't let the fact that we got blind lucky that Moses was still there in round 3 change the fact that he was right. If Moses was taken before our pick and starting in Kansas City while RT remained a huge hole for us as Murphy continues to be "just a guy" who in year 3 is still trying to find his place in this league Dean's opinion would look even more right.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let the fact that we got blind lucky that Moses was still there in round 3 change the fact that he was right. If Moses was taken before our pick and starting in Kansas City while RT remained a huge hole for us as Murphy continues to be "just a guy" who in year 3 is still trying to find his place in this league Dean's opinion would look even more right.
How is it a "fact" that we got lucky? Why couldn't it be great scouting? Why couldn't it be great Intel work from our FO? And since when did we elevate Moses to all pro status? He played well for us, but he's not much more, yet, than "just a guy". Let's see if he can put 2 good years together before we act like he was the savior of our OL.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a "fact" that we got lucky? Why couldn't it be great scouting? Why couldn't it be great Intel work from our FO? And since when did we elevate Moses to all pro status? He played well for us, but he's not much more, yet, than "just a guy". Let's see if he can put 2 good years together before we act like he was the savior of our OL.

Are you really saying it's not true that we got blind lucky that Morgan Moses was still there in round 3? 31 other teams could have very well taken him and his play has certainly shown that it would have been a good pick for any team from round 2 on. And yes it is a fact that he filled a huge hole for us at a position that has been a problem for a decade. I'm not claiming he is Jon Jansen, just claiming it was a huge position of need we got lucky to get him.

Great intel work by our boys? LOL, like they really know who is going to be picked when. No team knows that. When the clock is on others it's out of your control so yeah we got lucky.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I am saying. At least you read the post this time.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an angry bunch this week. Must sting to be wrong and unable to admit it.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say we were lucky that a player was still there in round three, or any round, is very simplistic. Moses was available in round three because he was a third round prospect.

In year one for Moses, many on here were calling him a bust because he couldn't beat out Polumbo. Year two was much better but not near an all pro level. Let's hope he continues to improve rather than regress this season because both are possible.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an angry bunch this week. Must sting to be wrong and unable to admit it.
Very mature retort.

Oh, Ive been wrong many times. Just out of curiosity, what was I wrong about? Im curious if you even know what my position was on Moses or schreff.

Im beginning to think that Dean created DGF account just so someone will back him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also contradict your own points but once again it seems being right is uppermost in your mind. As your friend DGF says this is a forum. Everyone here has the right to agree or disagree with any point. My impression is if someone doesn't agree with you that than you feel the need to prove yourself right. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. I just do not understand why you rehash the same points over and over and over and over again. :noidea:

As I have said many times I am interested in the end product. I have been right about some guys and wrong about others.

Contradict my own points? What? Give me an example. I already said everyone has a right to there own opinion. But if my opinion is challenged and then it turns up happening. I have a right to say I was right about that particular topic.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not whine about not taking Moses in the 2nd. I said Moses is a better player than Murphy. Guess what he is. lol. No Murphy hate fest here he is just not playing up to a 2nd round pick status IMO. Forcing to change positions is just not a good sign IMO. The staff decided to plug in Moses b/c he was the better RT. Scherff excelled at OG so he is going to stay at RG. People bashed Moses on here b/c of one injury riddled rookie season but somehow Murphy and Long for that matter get a pass. What is up with that?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very mature retort.

Oh, Ive been wrong many times. Just out of curiosity, what was I wrong about? Im curious if you even know what my position was on Moses or schreff.

Im beginning to think that Dean created DGF account just so someone will back him.

that is funny jy19. At least DGF sees the light. You have no idea what Moses meant to this team last year. It just proves it in your previous statements. If a 3rd round pick can unseat the #5 overall pick yeah I think we got lucky. Its just unbelievable how there is no respect or appreciation for what Moses did last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say we were lucky that a player was still there in round three, or any round, is very simplistic. Moses was available in round three because he was a third round prospect.

In year one for Moses, many on here were calling him a bust because he couldn't beat out Polumbo. Year two was much better but not near an all pro level. Let's hope he continues to improve rather than regress this season because both are possible.

If he was just a round three talent how did he unseat the #5 overall pick who supposedly was the best olineman in the draft? Talented players fall in the draft gk. cmon. If Scherff was a Trent Williams I don't think Trent Williams would be moved to guard so Moses can play RT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was just a round three talent how did he unseat the #5 overall pick who supposedly was the best olineman in the draft? Talented players fall in the draft gk. cmon. If Scherff was a Trent Williams I don't think Trent Williams would be moved to guard so Moses can play RT.

He didn't unseat the fifth pick. The fifth pick transitioned to another position and excelled.

He was obviously a third round PROSPECT coming out of college because 32 teams didn't take him in the first or second round. Moses had talent coming out of college but he also had flags that made him a third round PROSPECT.

Scherff was never drafted to be Trent. We already had Trent. LT is far different than every other position on the line.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? After months of often heated debate I came on the day after the draft to give Dad props for being right on the Scherff pick. I also gave Shark and others their due when it became obvious that he was right and I was wrong about Griffin, did the same thing when Cousins turned out better than I predicted. It's not that hard. Saying nobody would or should get credit for being right is really kind of stupid. So either I am a far superior human being who is just short of Pope status or the rest of you are simply being stubborn. You are allowed to attack when Dean appeared to be wrong but he's not able to respond when it turns out he may have been right?

Yep you can dish it out but you can't take it.

If you are going to quote me then try to understand what I wrote. I have no problem having an opinion, or you, or dad or anyone else having an opinion. If I disagree I am happy to say that. I had no horse in the race when it came to Scherff, Murphy, Moses or most others. It is a message board. Folks are going to disagree.

All I have said is why is dean bringing up the same thing for the 395395375739753 time. I know his point, he has made it time and again. He has told us all he is right 395395375739753. I don't agree with everything he says but really that matters little. My point is why rehash and rehash and rehash unless it is because he insists on everyone believing he is right. I know that is what j_y is saying also and for the most part dad. WE KNOW DEANS POINT OF VIEW!!! No need to restate it and tell us he is right.

Hopefully that was clear this time. I am not dishing out anything other than asking why he feels the need to tell us for the 535309535353 time that he is right and rehash something that in some cases has gone on for close to two years. I know why he does it, he says it over and over again in his posts ... because he was right. :trash:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very mature retort.

LOL. I just threw that last part in to jerk your chain after you were throwing shots at us all week.

This entire thread is just so bizarre to me. OK so Dean likes to beat his chest maybe more than most. So what? Grow a pair and stop crying about it. Given how he apparently got a lot of flack for his position on Moses and Murphy (not saying it was you, I wasn't here and I don't know) damn right he has the right to throw that back at you guys. Talk about a lack of maturity, some here are sure showing much sand in your vagina about it when he is simply responding to the posters who were giving him crap years ago.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to quote me then try to understand what I wrote. I have no problem having an opinion, or you, or dad or anyone else having an opinion. If I disagree I am happy to say that. I had no horse in the race when it came to Scherff, Murphy, Moses or most others. It is a message board. Folks are going to disagree.

All I have said is why is dean bringing up the same thing for the 395395375739753 time. I know his point, he has made it time and again. He has told us all he is right 395395375739753. I don't agree with everything he says but really that matters little. My point is why rehash and rehash and rehash unless it is because he insists on everyone believing he is right. I know that is what j_y is saying also and for the most part dad. WE KNOW DEANS POINT OF VIEW!!! No need to restate it and tell us he is right.

Hopefully that was clear this time. I am not dishing out anything other than asking why he feels the need to tell us for the 535309535353 time that he is right and rehash something that in some cases has gone on for close to two years. I know why he does it, he says it over and over again in his posts ... because he was right. :trash:

Getting tired of this accusation that I am not reading the posts. You said, and I quote, "You seem to want everyone to say you are right. That just isn't going to happen for you or anyone else on the board". And that is exactly what I replied to.

You think it was easy for me to man up and admit to Dad that he was right on the Scherff pick? Well actually it was because I have no problem admitting when I was wrong and giving credit to others. But because Dean apparently has a posting style that irritates some of you can't seem to give credit where credit is due.

And I'm being called immature. Yeah, OK.