• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought this was funny

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the New York Post's Brian Costello, Jets second-year DE Leonard Williams "looks ready for a breakout season."

If Williams has another level, it's going to put him in the J.J. Watt and Fletcher Cox territory among 3-4 ends. Last year's No. 6 overall pick, Williams played 827 snaps and was borderline-dominant, especially against the run. He was Pro Football Focus' 7th-ranked 3-4 end. If Williams can become more of a pass-rush force, the sky is the limit. Williams fell into the Jets' lap last April

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh. Simply put, I laugh.

JJ is in a league to himself.

Wilkerson is better than Cox.

Wilkerson freed up Williams. This is you trying to cry about us taking Scherff.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is you trying to cry about us taking Scherff.
I concur... what good is a great defensive player when your QB is continuously rushed, knocked down or broken in two. Before you can start building a house you have to lay a foundation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh. Simply put, I laugh.

JJ is in a league to himself.

Wilkerson is better than Cox.

Wilkerson freed up Williams. This is you trying to cry about us taking Scherff.

Not crying at all. I just saw this on rotoworld. Im all in on Scherff now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I thought the jury was in after one season and the conclusion appeared to be Williams didn't pan out as well as our guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur... what good is a great defensive player when your QB is continuously rushed, knocked down or broken in two. Before you can start building a house you have to lay a foundation.

I never ever understood this argument. The idea of the draft is to get the best players, period. THAT is how you build a foundation. Obviously way too early to tell, we all agree you need at least 3 years. And again I like our guy too. But if Williams turns out to be the better player then he should have been the pick, end of story.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A foundation to a team could either be offensive line or defensive line, but without either your team isn't gonna fair well. Being that the QB is the most important piece to the puzzle I would put more emphasis on the Offensive line as being the foundation to a team.

Flipping it back to you DGF I don't understand the argument that you must take the BPA regardless of your need. That way of thought process hasn't served the Skins well the last 25 years. All flash and no substance as given us but a few playoff games since "the hoggs" were poured and allowed us to begin construction to our lovely three ring mansion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this part interesting in the article.

If McCloughan does anything for certain, it’s not be confined by conventional wisdom. The GM didn’t waiver in his support of Scherff, and when the experiment at right tackle didn’t work, the rookie moved in to play right guard, and the results were great.

I guess someone else other than me admitted that Scherff didn't work at RT.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that argument? lol

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A foundation to a team could either be offensive line or defensive line, but without either your team isn't gonna fair well. Being that the QB is the most important piece to the puzzle I would put more emphasis on the Offensive line as being the foundation to a team.

Flipping it back to you DGF I don't understand the argument that you must take the BPA regardless of your need. That way of thought process hasn't served the Skins well the last 25 years. All flash and no substance as given us but a few playoff games since "the hoggs" were poured and allowed us to begin construction to our lovely three ring mansion.

Last time I checked Williams plays along the defensive line. So there's that.

I am convinced that Redskins fans, due to the history of the Hoggs, are obsessed with the offensive line. Now don't get me wrong, it is a very very important part of a football team and I want a great one too. But it's almost as if you guys are so obsessed with getting a great one that it's all you want to focus on at the expensive of better players at other positions. There have been plenty of championship caliber teams that had average OLs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked Williams plays along the defensive line. So there's that.

I am convinced that Redskins fans, due to the history of the Hoggs, are obsessed with the offensive line. Now don't get me wrong, it is a very very important part of a football team and I want a great one too. But it's almost as if you guys are so obsessed with getting a great one that it's all you want to focus on at the expensive of better players at other positions. There have been plenty of championship caliber teams that had average OLs.

Dgfan did you read the bolded part in that article that skinsdad posted? I also found that funny too.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't want to go back to Scherff. We all have shared our opinions at length and we've got a solid player. There is no doubt SM thought he was the best player but I wonder if he knew on draft day that he would slide to guard if he would have still felt that way.

But this is about Williams and the belief I have always held that passing on him could be a big mistake.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't want to go back to Scherff. We all have shared our opinions at length and we've got a solid player. There is no doubt SM thought he was the best player but I wonder if he knew on draft day that he would slide to guard if he would have still felt that way.

But this is about Williams and the belief I have always held that passing on him could be a big mistake.

Great point. But I got slammed b/c I thought Morgan Moses was the guy who made Scerhff move to RG and had a great year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again and let it sink in , this kid has a chance to be an all pro in year 2 of his career , that is hollowed ground

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this part interesting in the article.

If McCloughan does anything for certain, it’s not be confined by conventional wisdom. The GM didn’t waiver in his support of Scherff, and when the experiment at right tackle didn’t work, the rookie moved in to play right guard, and the results were great.

I guess someone else other than me admitted that Scherff didn't work at RT.
yeah the author of the piece . it didnt come out of SM's mouth

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again and let it sink in , this kid has a chance to be an all pro in year 2 of his career , that is hollowed ground

No argument. I just agree on what DGfan is saying.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the arthur of the piece . it didnt come out of SM's mouth

Of course it will never come out of SM's mouth. Just look at DG fan posts.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gosh, you can't always buy steak when you go shopping, sometimes you need to buy a boring vegetable too. We needed help on the O line... they addressed it and we got better. Draft for need build your team and make your own superstars. Do you really think the fun bunch would had been that much fun had the QB been hurried or on his ass most plays.

You probably do need to draft guys like Leonard Williams with that type of logic.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gosh, you can't always buy steak when you go shopping, sometimes you need to buy a boring vegetable too. We needed help on the O line... they addressed it and we got better. Draft for need build your team and make your own superstars. Do you really think the fun bunch would had been that much fun had the QB been hurried or on his ass most plays.

You probably do need to draft guys like Leonard Williams with that type of logic.

There you go again, preaching the value of a good offensive line. That is not necessary, we all get it. And as Dad says we got a very good player, that is no surprise we knew on draft day that he was a safe pick to be rock solid.

The point remains when you are picking 5th overall you best be shopping for steak. Passing on a better player (potentially) just to fill a need at another critical position (OL) is not the way to build a solid foundation. The way to build a team is to acquire the best possible players regardless of position. If Williams turns into a dominant defensive player that changes games some of us will regret passing on