• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Thought Steve Kerr is a Tremendous Leader

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me qualify that I have loved watching the Warriors play and was rooting for them last year and will continue to root for them this year. Call me a bandwagoneer just don't call me a hater.

We have been sold a story about how great of a leader Steve Kerr is. I never discounted it. I did think it was interesting to see the team remained consistent while Kerr missed time and young Walton took over.

But here is my problem. If he was such a great leader, why can't he stop Draymond Green from kicking guys below the belt. Since I was a kid I was taught that it's 100% unacceptable yet Draymond keeps doing it over and over as he did last night. I know he didn't connect but it's the same move that got him suspended in the finals which was arguably the momentum shifter and gave the Cavs the title.

I think Kerr needs to stop enabling Dray and put him on the bench for his actions for at least 3 games. Instead of arguing with the refs for the call. This might even reveal whether they need him or not.

Here is the kick.

Vg1L-h.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw bits and pieces of the game as I switching back between the World Series/This game/While studying for a certification exam.

But yeah, it's just getting flat out annoying at this juncture. He apparently didn't learn his lesson after costing his team a title last season.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw bits and pieces of the game as I switching back between the World Series/This game/While studying for a certification exam.

But yeah, it's just getting flat out annoying at this juncture. He apparently didn't learn his lesson after costing his team a title last season.

My 3 year old actually let me keep the ball game (World Series) the whole night! I think she has learned not to ask daddy to turn off sports - not that I have been aggressive about it.

I just learned it from @tebowGOAT. I have been a big fan of Draymond but for me that was the last straw.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3 year old actually let me keep the ball game (World Series) the whole night! I think she has learned not to ask daddy to turn off sports - not that I have been aggressive about it.

I just learned it from @tebowGOAT. I have been a big fan of Draymond but for me that was the last straw.

I'm a big fan of Draymond's skill. In terms of him as a person and his antics, I can't think of one current NBA player that I dislike more than him. I wanted the Heat to draft him, but I guess in a weird way I'm lucky as it'd be hard defending him on my team.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kerr or anyone for that matter can control Dray.

The edge Dray plays with is part of what makes him so good, so I don't know how much of that edge you want to stifle.

He reminds me of Rodman; you may just have to let him be himself in order to get the most out of him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The edge Dray plays with is part of what makes him so good, so I don't know how much of that edge you want to stifle.

He reminds me of Rodman; you may just have to let him be himself in order to get the most out of him.

Holy shit, a reasonable post. Congrats sir.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that's correct. But you can play with an edge while not flailing around to where you're purposefully trying to kick someone. It's so damn blatant.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to have an expendable player on their roster just haul off and deliberately kick Dray's balls up into his throat immediately after the tip one game. Maybe that will learn him.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a better quality version

That kick is completely on the other side of the Spur player, no where near his jewels.
Yes, flailing like Draymond does should be a foul when he makes contact, but I don't think that Draymond is stupid enough to do this intentionally, especially since everyone knows that he does it and the refs will be looking for it. I think it is a terrible habit that he has in trying to keep his balance.

Has he taken shots at opponents' package in the past? Yes. But I think that now he has the rep and some of his flailing that is not intentional is being misread.

I still wouldn't want my junk in distance of his foot, intentional or not.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to have an expendable player on their roster just haul off and deliberately kick Dray's balls up into his throat immediately after the tip one game. Maybe that will learn him.

:rofl:@ learn him!!!!

Where are you from, MDX?

My Dad is from Tennessee and says that all the time.

That's a oldhead saying.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so blatant. Personally think the NBA should start hitting him in his wallet.

Agree.

But, that might be because I hate him...lol

Seriously, he needs to learn some self control.

Can't put that on Kerr.

Shit, Pop nor Phil could Jedi mind trick Rodman when he was in idiot mode.

The Bulls had Jordan who would have jumped all in his ass if he was costing them games. Who's gonna do that with Draymond? Not Durant.

* see Westbrook running his ass over FOR YEARS in OKC

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS reminds me of the Oregon team from 2 years ago

Kerr is Chip kelly

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:@ learn him!!!!

Where are you from, MDX?

My Dad is from Tennessee and says that all the time.

That's a oldhead saying.
I was born and raised in Maryland, we don't say that there. I think it's funny when I hear it though.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Draymond's skill. In terms of him as a person and his antics, I can't think of one current NBA player that I dislike more than him. I wanted the Heat to draft him, but I guess in a weird way I'm lucky as it'd be hard defending him on my team.

Draymond is a beat - there is no denying that.

Isn't he supposedly a quality family man too or am I misremembering that?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in Maryland, we don't say that there. I think it's funny when I hear it though.

Oh, Shit...cue the go-go music...lol

I lived in Laurel and Glenn Burnie for about 5 years when I was Stationed at Fort Meade.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an interesting point of view. One I can partially agree with but when that edginess arguably ruins championship season, it needs to be curved.