• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Fowler goes to the Jags at #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt not totally for the reasons some of you think. I still think he is a bit over rated and the holes in his game would make me question picking him in the top five, much less at #3. But if Winston and Mariota go 1 and 2, the Jags will decide between Williams, Fowler and... well lets just leave it there for now as my dark horse name would just cause some to derail the thread.

But back to what I was saying. While I think Williams is the better pick hands down and twice on Sundays, Fowler brings something to the Jags that Williams cant. Same thing Bortles brought when they drafted him at #3... Local fan base. Jags attendance went up by 13% after they drafted Bortles, and the Gators fan base is the Jacksonville market. For a team struggling to meet attendance requirements, bringing in another local kid, and the local fans that follow would damn sure be an off the field boost. Add to it, Fowler does have some talent. And while I think he is still to much of an unknown as to how he will settle into a single position, I think the Jags have a couple of good reasons to take him at #3. And being in their market, most Jags fans are debating between Williams and Fowler, with Fowler being the slight fan favorite in these parts. Similar for the Bucs fan base and Winston to a degree. Tampa doesnt NEED the fan base boost, but the fan winds down here heavily favor Winston for the Bucs. I dont think Lovey gives a rats butt what the fans think, but the Jags listened to fan speak a little when deciding to draft Bortles so high.... Since most Pundits had him as mid to late first rounder.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this plays out like this, do you think OAK takes Williams? IF he could somehow fall to us, that would be unbelievable. But for the same reasons why you think Fowler goes to JAX, OAK may take Williams. A USC player staying in California. If they do, then our pick comes down to Beasley, Scherff, or White/Cooper I would guess.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right Shark. But even if the Jags are dumb enough to pass on Williams I doubt Oakland is too. These are 2 of the dumber teams out there for sure but we need to get lucky twice, not to mention MM going 2, to have a shot at Willaims. And let's face it, Williams is the only player in this draft we can all agree on as being the best pick for us. But I just don't see it happening. So I agree with j_y it will come down to Beasely, Scherff or the 2 WRs although personally I think Scherff is more the message board's pick and not the GM"s preference.

But Fowler certainly appears to be moving up for sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ive been saying this for the past month. Shark would actually pass on Fowler if he was there for us. Crazy. We should have MM and one of the WR's avaible when we pick. Should get trade offers. We are moving down for sure. I cant see the SKins staying at #5 to take Beasley or one of the WR's. Hopeful its Cle giving us their two first rounders for MM.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ive been saying this for the past month. Shark would actually pass on Fowler if he was there for us. Crazy. We should have MM and one of the WR's avaible when we pick. Should get trade offers. We are moving down for sure. I cant see the SKins staying at #5 to take Beasley or one of the WR's. Hopeful its Cle giving us their two first rounders for MM.

funny in sharks's scenario MM is gone

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right Shark. But even if the Jags are dumb enough to pass on Williams I doubt Oakland is too. These are 2 of the dumber teams out there for sure but we need to get lucky twice, not to mention MM going 2, to have a shot at Willaims. And let's face it, Williams is the only player in this draft we can all agree on as being the best pick for us. But I just don't see it happening. So I agree with j_y it will come down to Beasely, Scherff or the 2 WRs although personally I think Scherff is more the message board's pick and not the GM"s preference.

But Fowler certainly appears to be moving up for sure.

wouldnt make that judgement to soon . the raiders may feel a stud wr like cooper or white are just the ticket for their young qb.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags could've made a big marketing splash by signing Tebow too, but were smart enough not too. If they're smart, they'd look to one of either Kevin White or Amari Cooper to provide Bortles a legit weapon to throw to. If they do take Fowler, that'll be because he's the most complete OLB there is in this draft and a truly legit upgrade to their defense.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There's always a need for a stud defensive/nose tackle. Especially if hes a monster at stopping the run.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption in this draft is that the Jaguars are going to trade down at least once.