• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I spotted a Tebow fan on the road today

StickItIn

Gobbledygooker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that this is so >5 years ago, but I had a good chuckle this morning.

Q6NcLUt.jpg

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he is giving the NFL another run!

He has reportedly put in a lot of work on his mechanics in order to improve his accuracy.

He worked out for the Eagles earlier in the week, but they didn't sign him.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on the way out of Philly.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, will Tebus actually play as a scrub on the practice squad just to get his foot back in...

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it amazing that a kid that did the deed in college, and couldn't quite get it done at the NFL level gets so much hate.

I'm sure his "pure" life has a lot to do with it.

All I know is that Tim Tebow lives a better life than 98% of anybody.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be anti-Tebow but just because I got sick of how the media was cramming him down everyone's throats. Live and let live I say. He's just trying to live the best way he knows how, nothing wrong with that.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it amazing that a kid that did the deed in college, and couldn't quite get it done at the NFL level gets so much hate.

people hate and want to see him fail because he seems to have everything IE looks,talent, fame, charm.

it makes one feel better about their own shortcomings.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow will rise again from the ashes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people hate and want to see him fail because he seems to have everything IE looks,talent, fame, charm.

it makes one feel better about their own shortcomings.

Sadly, you are absolutely right. There are just some folks who find it easier to tear down others for their success rather than work to be successful themselves.

Personally, I've never had an issue with Tebow or his media coverage. But then my t.v. also gets more than 1 channel, so if I don't like what's on, I can change it to something else.

I hope he catches on with an NFL team and turns out to be a very good player after all, just because it'll piss off the haters.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pffft. His life ain't that pure. His self-righteous and Bible thumpin' mommy ruined his image and probably his career by coaching him to build that image. It's one thing to do a missionary trip somewhere, it's another to talk about it in press releases for years afterward. All that shit was contrived as hell. TT's parents and handlers way, way oversold his image to the sickening degree we all disliked.

As for the dude, he's just a nice and seemingly dim-witted football player being coached on all sides. His brother is funny as shit and, when talking to him and TT in a small group, you realize how false and weird his media persona really is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffft. His life ain't that pure. His self-righteous and Bible thumpin' mommy ruined his image and probably his career by coaching him to build that image. It's one thing to do a missionary trip somewhere, it's another to talk about it in press releases for years afterward. All that shit was contrived as hell. TT's parents and handlers way, way oversold his image to the sickening degree we all disliked.

As for the dude, he's just a nice and seemingly dim-witted football player being coached on all sides. His brother is funny as shit and, when talking to him and TT in a small group, you realize how false and weird his media persona really is.

Don't know enough about him or his family to know if the persona is fake or not. But I did always find it interesting that a guy, who by all appearances, seemed to be a good guy and doing things the right way, got hated on more than guys who beat and sexually assault women.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know enough about him or his family to know if the persona is fake or not. But I did always find it interesting that a guy, who by all appearances, seemed to be a good guy and doing things the right way, got hated on more than guys who beat and sexually assault women.

I totally agree with that. But like so many born-again types, Tebow's parents (mom mostly) just can't resist the 'look at me we're holier than thou' way of life. They handled everything for TT and way over-did it. It really was annoying to me as well. I think in their little bubble they had no idea how over-hyped he was.

The worst part is TT was winning games with extreme talent and sheer will, and getting tight coaching to handle media to praise Jesus, but not getting coached for the next step of his career. Instead of doing power squats, he should have been elongating his upper body muscles so he could throw the damned ball properly. It was like everyone on Earth knew he was incorrectly prepared for the NFL except him? You don't have to be a genius to look at every great NFL QB ever and see they smoothed the hell out of their muscle tone to throw. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with that. But like so many born-again types, Tebow's parents (mom mostly) just can't resist the 'look at me we're holier than thou' way of life. They handled everything for TT and way over-did it. It really was annoying to me as well. I think in their little bubble they had no idea how over-hyped he was.

The worst part is TT was winning games with extreme talent and sheer will, and getting tight coaching to handle media to praise Jesus, but not getting coached for the next step of his career. Instead of doing power squats, he should have been elongating his upper body muscles so he could throw the damned ball properly. It was like everyone on Earth knew he was incorrectly prepared for the NFL except him? You don't have to be a genius to look at every great NFL QB ever and see they smoothed the hell out of their muscle tone to throw. :L

100% agree. Urban did him zero favors. No prob. with them running the offense that they did, but they should have been working with him on proper mechanics, etc.

With everything else Florida accomplished with him at qb, imagine what they may have been like if he could throw like an NFL qb.

StickItIn

Gobbledygooker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa guys. There is only one lifestyle choice under the microscope here in this thread: wearing jorts.

Also in case if anyone missed it, that's a UF plate from Virginia.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. Urban did him zero favors. No prob. with them running the offense that they did, but they should have been working with him on proper mechanics, etc.

With everything else Florida accomplished with him at qb, imagine what they may have been like if he could throw like an NFL qb.

No matter what happens, Tebow's legacy is set. Tebow and Tommy Frazier from Nebraska... two best college QBs of all time. Also, how many people can say they started for an NFL team and led them to the playoffs. No matter what gets said about Tebow, VERY few can say they accomplished what he did.